Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Gum Chewing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phloid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:39 pm
I was talking to my mom about stopping mindless snacking and she told me she would buy me a whole bunch of gum to chew (sugar free fyi (; )
anyways, I tried it today
I got home from school and tried to resist snacking for a while
but then I was like "Kay, let's go for this gum thing"
so I popped in a piece
and I told myself I'd try to resist eating at least until the gum lost it's flavour.
I chewed it for a while after that point then I decided it w as about time for supper.
Ate that, resisted for as long as I could then started chewing some more gum.
After dinner, I always get cravings for sweet things (which is weird 'cause I don't really eat desert usually)
but I knew I couldn't be actually hungry for anything yet
so, again, I waited until the gum died and considered whether I was ready for a snack, or whether I should chew a new piece.
Tonight I decided for a small bowl of cereal snack, then new piece of gum

but that's a great improvement of my snacking habits tonight already
and even if I do end up eating something a little bad in between gum pieces, the gum definitely keeps me thinking about whether I'm actually hungry or not
'cause I'd hate to be spitting out and wasting fresh gum all the time just 'cause I wanted a snack I wasn't even hungry for.
and it also keeps my snacks spaced out nicely.

Does anyone else use this method of snacking-prevention?
there isn't anything wrong with this is there?
and just... any general comments (:

PS: and update on phloid's diet (if you're interested):
I'm trying to come back to this thing! D:
I've been dead for a while.
the real thing that's holding me back from starting again is the fact that I don't want to start posting in my old journal again 'cause there'd be such a gap and that bothers the perfectionist in me xD
stupid reason. I should get back here
and now with this gum thing I wont be embarrassed to write all the snacks I eat anymore!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:38 am
I've been doing the gum thing a little. I've found if I chew the mint flavored ones it kind of has the same effect as brushing my teeth, in that the minty after taste makes eating anything afterward kind of unappealing. It was helpful at my study group last night in which there was a lot of left over easter candy that people had brought to share. It kept me from mindlessly eating.  

Roslin

.WayneZinok.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:29 pm
I do that every now and then, now that I think of it... I should do it more. I also try to substitute snacking with drinking water or tea with out sugar or milk. I figure that way I'm getting my water in take as well. Plus, I read somewhere at a lot of the time we mistake hunger for thirst, and that we can fill up on liquids to keep hunger away.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games