Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Critique & advice por favor

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vaz The She-Devil

Beloved Regular

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:24 pm
I've been drawing now for 3 years I've been getting bettr but my art still lacks . I've resorted to drawing heads and upperbody as of late b/c my ability to draw things in positions other than standing straight hands by the side isnt good at all, i want your critique on everything in my gallery and your advice on how to do better
-thanx Arigato 8D
Arigato 8D Gallery  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:29 pm
You'd probably get better responses if you were to post individual drawings rather than overload people with a screen-full of them.

I'd like to see some attempts at dimension. Try learning to shade your figures, so they don't appear so flat. You seem to stay in the same type of sketchy, cartoon-influenced range, which is probably your comfort-zone of drawing. Try new things, such as drawing from life, even if they appear intimidating.  

Raen Check

zathraya

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:06 am
I agree with Raen Check. One that you should post one at a time. Two that you should do more shading to get the hang of creating the illusion of dimensions.

Also you do need to step out of your comfort zone, in order to get better. Do anatomy studies when you feel you are lacking in areas (if not do them anyway for practice). If you don't have any books on the subject I suggest Posemaniacs. Studying from real life is even a better idea. Step out of your comfort zone and I promise it helps in the long run.

Keep working at it! wink  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff