Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
The Most Forgotten FF Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

itainandatebayo

Clean Pants

13,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:10 pm
Arcosi Knight
When you think of Final Fantasy, the first characters most people think of are Cloud and Tidus (maybe Chocobos)

Then you have a few characters in between, specifically Squall and Cecil in my opinion.

But there are also 'forgotten characters'. Sure, with 2 and 3j being Japanese only games (bar 3's remake for the DS) and most people only know Luneth (aka Onion Knight) and Firion thanks to Dissidia. People generally know side party characters in the other two groups better than this one. You'll probably ring more bells mentioning Tifa than Firion.

So barring 2 and 3, what FF title do you think is the most forgotten (and please tell us if you think its more forgotten than those other two saps)

actually why would anyone start thinking of tidus..he is the worst ff main character ever...

i've never heard anyone mention itadaki street special although all its characters are taken from final fantasy and dragon quest series ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:22 am
That's all a matter of opinion. I happen to like Tidus, because as far as men are concerned, he seems more "real" then some. He's not all broody like or all macho or ridiculously full of himself in a way that he's ube quiet. He doesn't seem to have any tragic past, save for the fact that he's just a dream, he loses his temper from time to time, can be a bit of a pervert (in his own little way, I guess), has fights with his parents, and can be a little bit stupid too. It's better to make a few mistakes here and there and seem real than to not seem to make any silly mistakes and be cool ><.  

Jessie-the-Foodie

9,700 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Autobiographer 200

itainandatebayo

Clean Pants

13,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:05 am
well...i still think that he was awful and even yuna did better as a main character in ffx-2 than this guy ^^ tidus was a cheap knock-off from zidane, producers also tried to blend in some cloud...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:03 pm
Ah, I'm inclined to agree with Zero on the Tidus issue... but as for Itadaki Street Special there's a very good reason nobody knows about it. It was never released in the West. confused Ehrgeiz, however, is the same type of cameo game, and it was released here, but still never got much recognition.

...It's a pretty terrible game, but I like it.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

itainandatebayo

Clean Pants

13,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:29 pm
well i still dont like him ^^ seems just too wrong as a main character...he would be a good goofy sidekick like zell in FF8 or yuffie in FF7 ^^
well yeah...ehrgeiz...ive played it a little...it has its own terrible parts yet...it has its own twist that makes you wanna keep playing ^^ it has this breaking armor and weapons thing which i so like ^^
my itadaki street is in japanese but luckily i managed to understand it ^^ *cough* blessed be gamefaqs.com *cough*  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:19 am
in my opinion vaan was the worst main character in all the series, the story didnt need him at all and he was just basically a tag-a-long. worst main character EVER!!! scream  

AxeI VIII

7,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

itainandatebayo

Clean Pants

13,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:15 am
well yea...they messed up with that...for ashe should have been more of a main character than vaan...
and i kinda wished that vaan would have died in that beginning part and reks would have been the main dude instead of him ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:03 pm
itainandatebayo
well yea...they messed up with that...for ashe should have been more of a main character than vaan...
and i kinda wished that vaan would have died in that beginning part and reks would have been the main dude instead of him ^^

Yeaaaaaah, I've thought of that. But really, what could Reks have done that Vaan couldn't? The reason we like Reks is because he wasn't around long enough to turn boring. xp  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

itainandatebayo

Clean Pants

13,725 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 pm
well i kinda thought that vaan was boring when i first saw him so...^^
but really, reks or ashe would have made a better main character ^^