Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Clothing doubts and surprises

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roslin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 am
So I kind of have a problem with thinking I'm much larger than I am now and it makes me wary of clothing sizes. I often look at clothing and deny that I might fit into them, and go with a larger size that I know will fit, even if it doesn't fit correctly.

Example: Went to Target and looking for some new warm weather clothing as mine is now too large. There were some nice, kind of above the knee length, denim skirts. I took the 14, something I knew I would fit into, and tried it on. It was too large for my waist and I knew that within a month or too it would be too large to wear comfortably or without it looking silly, so I put it back on the rack... but did I try a smaller size? No. I just left without buying anything. I guess because I didn't want the frustration of "haha, not yet. You're still too big for me!" mocking me. You know, the annoying between sizes time when you're too small for your previous size but too big for the next size down.

Well, yesterday as part of my Easter Basket my mom bought me a khaki skirt of the same length, and to my surprise and somewhat disappointment in a size 12. "Oh, I guess I can wear it in a few months" I said. I was convinced that if I could even fit it over my hips that it wouldn't be comfortable. Well I tried it on and it actually fits quite comfortably. It sits a little higher on me than what is probably normal, but it's not tight across my hips or anything. I know I cannot fit into size 12 jeans yet (the real test) but this is the first time I've fit into anything under a 14 that I can ever remember... ever!

Pictures coming later.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:25 pm
Personally, I'm quite capable of wearing Dutch size 46 jeans. I used to be about 10 kilograms (22 pounds or so) heavier than I am today, so I'm used to sizes 48 to 54. 46 jeans make me very aware of my thighs, which are humongous in my personal opinion, so I never buy them.

Which forces me to wear belts at all times because my pants are sagging so badly around my waist. emo  

Tragic Figure

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:52 pm
Yeah, I don't buy clothes new because I know that I will eventually lose the weight. Also new clothes are my reward... kind of.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:06 pm
First off congrats Roslin on getting into a size 12! That's totally awesome!

I'm sort of with Seraphsody when it comes to buying clothes for the most part. I had promised myself that I wouldn't buy any clothes until I had shed my 70lbs and was able to wear mediums again. This has been hard because I work at Old Navy on the shipment team meaning twice a week every I get to see the cute new clothes first. This past week we ended up getting some really cute tube top/cami things (you would not believe the official names of some of these things) that I ended up trying and just for a lark, tried in a medium. It was pretty amazing to find something that I fit into in that style that didn't leave me looking preggers.

So I guess the ultimate point is that sometimes it's nice to give yourself a little chance just to see how things are going and who knows, you may be pleasantly surprised.  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games