Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

karzlee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 pm
So... I have this problem
A couple of points before I start:

1. I know I'm a teenager, and I have plenty of time and that you think I am over exaggerating. I know.
2. I know this is weird. I get it, but love makes you do crazy things.
3. I'm here because I want a stranger's point of view, not my friends', because it's all I ever talk about and they're sick of it, ad I'm sick of it, and I need fresh ideas.
4. I'm 16, and I am not stupid. Just putting that out there.
5. I appreciate your input.

Ok. So I'm in love with this guy.
Believe it or not, [I don't care either way] I am under the impression that it was actually love at first sight. My freshman year. First day of school, second period. I know it's basically impossible to come off as intelligent over the internet, let alone after stating that you're a 16 year old in love...but give me credit, I'm trying.
I fell in love with him as a freshman. Kids...shouldn't fall in love. Period. It's horrible.
So He broke my heart multiple times, and the worst part is that we never really had a full conversation in person. That's right. We talked via text/AIM/Facebook. But I did [do] go to school with him and see him every day. We were just kind of awkward I guess...and he was really shy in person.
Isn't that a pathetic start?
I don't want to get into all of the hairy details because it's personal and I'm really emotional and will probably break down.

But basically I asked him to Sadies, and he said no. I'm a big girl, it wasn't that big of a deal. I found out later that I was not even able to go to the dance. But he stopped talking to me and that's what hurt. He told me he was shocked that I liked him and he was a little...weird and needed space. Ok whatever.
And we had endless cycles of talking, not talking, and fighting.

Currently, I'm in a "not talking, but friendly" stage that's lasted about a year.

Here's the point of my story...
I'm crazy about him.
Absolutely nuts.
I mean... I try not to be creepy, but it's like so harsh on me.
I can't stop thinking about him, talking about him, etc...
and when I get to be close to him, it's like I'm glowing.

I sent this text to my best friend

Quote:
You know how I know I love him? I know because I got to spend the day with him...and I'm sitting 2 seats away from him now, and I have this glow about me. I'm warm and bright. Like tiny fireflies are crawling all throughout my body, and they're flying around me. All I want to do is hold his hand.

I don't know what to do.
Right now, I'm pretty sure he hates me.
He avoids me like the plague, and doesn't make eye contact or anything.
He only speaks to me when he has to.
But I can't stop wanting him.
And the problem is, I don't want to stop loving him.
My friends and people I've told have told me that I need to get over it.
But if it was voluntary, then why would I put myself through so much pain?
I'm waiting for another opportunity, whether with him or someone else.
But I don't want to let go.

About him:
He's my age.
He's socially awkward heart
He's weird.
He has a lot of girl-friends, but not a girlfriend thank god!
A girl I know likes him I think, and I want to punch her.
He talks to her.
She touched his hair.
[IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!]

I'm just putting words down, is this even making sense?
Sorry, I'm tired and in pain.

I just want your opinions on my problem.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:43 am

Well, first of all, I'm not sure that being 16 and 'in love' is really strange.
I met my boyfriend at 16 and we've been together for 3 years now.
That's a whole 'nother story.

As for your situation, here are my thoughts:
On the subject on that you love him, I would sit down and really think about it. When my boyfriend is away from me for an extended period of time I cry and I'm very very depressed if I don't have something to occupy me.
Love is different in different people, but its really hard to distinguish love from hormones in teens :/

As for him and the other girl. It seems like they are closer and to be honest, it sounds like he likes her back. If he doesn't normally let people touch his hair and he allows her to, this shows that he may like her as well.

When I was 16, I asked a boy out and I got a very similar reaction. He told me that he didn't want to do that to me.

I respected his space, embarrassed and feeling inadequate, backed off and we didn't hang out as much.

You just really have to respect his space. If he doesn't want to go out with you, then you just have to accept that and hope that being friends would be alright.

He probably avoids you and doesn't talk so much because of the awkward air between you guys.

You would want him to be happy no matter what, even if that means you're not with him and someone else is, right?

That's just my two bits.
I hope I haven't made you angry.

Sherrlock Holmes

Beloved Genius

penguinmasterofdoom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:12 pm
I'm actually happy that you admit that the whole thing sounds stupid, you being 16 and being, "in love", that's a good start because mot people your age are to stupid to see that.

Anyways, look if I were to give you any advice it would be pick a side. Do one thing or another, because sitting around in the middle never works out. You have to either go up to him and be like, "Yo, here is how I feel, here is how things should be. What now, sucka?!" ( your words of choice could very much vary from mine, whatever.), or you should move on and get on with the rest of your presumably long life. Either way you have to make your mind up because if down the road you decide you didn't act fast enough, then by that time it will be too late.

So stop being so passive. People always talk about their problems, but they never seem to do anything about them. I'm just saying.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:52 pm
Well...
Holmes.
First off, she touched his hair and he yelled at her.
He doesn't let anyone touch him.
So that's not like a mutual thing.
Lol.
And yes of course I want him to be happy no matter what!
That's why I'm staying away and not being pushy.
[Which I totally could be]
And I would like to be where I am as long as possible.
I mean, I don't think I'm bothering him anymore [at least I hope I'm not]
But I don't want to leave either, because I am so hooked.

Penguin.
He most definitely knows how I feel.
It's not a secret and I'm not waiting for my chance.
I've been doing my best to let him be on his own so some of the awkwardnesss can go away.
It's not a situation where I can just be honest all over again because I did that once and he ran away, felt bad apologized, made up with me, and started it all over.

*sigh*  

karzlee

Sherrlock Holmes

Beloved Genius

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:50 pm

Oh.
Hm, I thought it was a mutual thing haha.

Well, maybe he's just not interested in that kind of thing right now?
I'm not sure what's going on in his head, but I would just move on :/

Maybe next year or the year after you guys can get something started, but if it were me I would just move on.

It's sad to let someone you love slip through your fingers, but its better than continuing and them disliking you and avoiding you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:37 pm

i used to be in the same position as you.
i liked this guy for three years and he ended up rejecting me with every part of him, and still pretends i don't exist to this day.

i think the best thing to do is to accept your feelings for him, but also accept that it probably won't go anywhere. tuck those memories away, leave them to be beautiful, and find happiness elsewhere.

there will be plenty of people that will make you glow more than him. be strong! :]

La La Leprosy

Dangerous Raider

Serious Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces