Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Holding yourself accountable

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:49 pm
Something I've done in the past that succeeded very well in helping me both stop deviating from my diet, and do some damage control when I do.

I stole the idea from a friend of mine and built on it. (My friend has been doing really well, and only has about 10 lbs to go. I'm very proud of her) But recently we've both fallen off that standard.

The thing is that we go through our day trying to make healthy choices, when we 'cheat' ie: dessert after a big dinner, two scones instead of one, seconds on dinner. Or a poor choice for dinner.

You can be as strict as you want with this, or if you feel like the treat is justified you can omit it.

However, for the treats that we have. (My friend is better than I am, she usually only cheats once or twice in a day, but that's why she's sitting 15 lbs lighter than I am.)

Each cheat (or treat) is counteracted by a number of pushups and sit ups.

I do 10 half push ups and 20 sit up like exercises. (crunches, side crunches, planks)

So, last night, I made scones, and I ate a whole bunch of them instead of dinner... Four actually, I also had two medium sized pieces of chocolate.

I don't count the first scone or the first chocolate piece.

After that I still have four cheats. So I have.
40 half push ups
80 sit ups

(Noting that I said "have" I have 'getting to it' problems so I also give myself for every set of sit ups and push ups (10 and 20) that I don't do the day that I do the cheat... I add on half the value again as interest.

So I actually have 60 pushups and 120 sit ups. Something along the lines of doing a set or two a few times a day. I know that it seems like a lot but its very helpful for me because it makes me suffer...

OH RIGHT! And the other thing is that 15 minutes of jogging with my partner will take care of one full set of sit ups/push ups.

What are some things that you guys do to hold yourselves accountable?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:20 pm
If I'm going to be in my room by myself and without interruption for a couple of hours, I make myself wear clothing that is a size too small (I have lots of clothing like this, since most of my weight gain was recent). It not only feels uncomfortable but reminds me that my clothes that fit now will feel snug later if the cheating continues.

I do allow one moderate treat (about 5-10 flex points) per week though, without consequences.  

Euthanasia Phase

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games