Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]
The name's [Faelan] and I'm no longer accepting mentees.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Faelan]

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am
- A little bit about me I'm blonde. If that offends anyone, I'm sorry. Okay, now 4 srs. I've been drawing since I was about 2 years of age. Most people say that, but I guess the difference is that I took to it so passionately and never stopped since then. I've collaberated with writer friends to do comic series and illustrations for stories. They were generally more manga-style, but I am currently working on a comic I have taken art classes but usually quit them because they weren't up to snuff or ridiculously expensive and truthfully obsolete. (I also tended to rub some art teachers the wrong way because they liked to give rules to art and discourage free thinking. I didn't try to, it just happened).
- Link to art site. http://xxbasyaxx.deviantart.com/
- Timezone Central
- How often I'm online Every day, esp. at night.
- Strengths Realism is my favorite and best subject. I have a perfectionist's eye and can draw what I see fairly well. I enjoy drawing anime occasionally. Drawing people is definitely my greatest strength. I love drawing them so that must be a big factor. I also really love drawing fantasy and designing characters and worlds. (Writing is my third greatest passion ever).
- Weaknesses Anatomical technicalities, such as twisting arms and strange positions pose a challenge for me. As well as drawing the other half of things and making sure that they line up exactly. That's getting swiftly better and weren't really noticeable to begin with.
- Level of mentee I can take Any. As long as you're willing to learn, I'm willing to teach.
- How many mentees I can take 3. I have no room in my heart for more than three of you.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:18 pm
I want to take the classes!
I've never took an art class. All I know I learned it by myself.
I can draw from what I can see and do it almost acurate to what it is and also modify it with a bit of imagination lol!
but I'm really bad drawing from my mind so... I need help learning some new techniques!
I love drawing in black & white with pencil or pen <3
I love to draw manga like people but I never finish them when it comes to the hands and feet xD
I'm good with animals like dogs and horses and some trees too.
I can take the classes in the weekends xD
thanks...  

mithra_23

1,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Member 100

[Faelan]

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 pm
Welcome aboard, mithra! It's very nice to meet you and I'll help you in any and every way I possibly can. Weekends are good for me, too. Shoot me a PM if it's more convenient than thread surfing. smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:31 pm
Could I be a mentee? I do want to know if you have a realistic side but I'm supposing you do by the fact that you draw by eye. I love to draw and as long as I have a reasonable assignment am willing to learn. I wish to be an active person. So back to my point.
May I be a mentee?  

PoisonousMoonlight

wow its byron

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:47 am
i would like to be ur mentee i need a lot of help with anatomy im always working on it but idk if im getting better at it  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:57 pm
You can both most definitely be my mentees. Thank you very much! smile

I'm mainly free on weekends, and PMing and IMing work well for me. I use AIM and Windows Live Messenger.

AIM: faelan2004
WLM: faelan2004@hotmail.com

I look forward to helping you both!

[Faelan]

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

mithra_23

1,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:56 pm
hey... at what hour/days can we take the lessons?

~thanks~  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:08 pm
So are we going to be given an assignment or anything?  

PoisonousMoonlight

[Faelan]

850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 pm
Yeah, just PM me and I'll give you the 411. (:

Mentor Threads [Dedicated Mentoring here!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash