yes
  no
View Results

Queenie42

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 8:27 am
Leveller
Farnoosh
They're punk, and only punk.

the first 2 clash albums are punk, London Calling is rock, Sandinista is everything except punk!
Combat rock is rock and Cut The Crap is not an offical Clash album.

Yes it is. Totally an official Clash album.  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:54 am
I like the clash

but whether they are apart of ska, or not
well thats just one of those opinionated things, yaya
I think people may say they are or that they were a part of it because they have that reggae feel, but somehow I think they had very very little to do in contributing to the ska..ness

Doctor Nope

O.G. Member

Peel Slowly And See

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:14 am

Hey you, don't watch that. Watch this. This is the heavy heavy monster sound. The nuttiest sound around....

They're way more punk, but they have some songs that kind of have a Ska feel to them.

...So if you've come in off the street, and you're beginning to feel the heat, well listen buster you better start to move your feet to the rockinest rock steady beat of Madness...One Step Beyond!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:20 am
Okay, so technically The Clash weren't even part ska.
I can see why you'd get that idea though, because they were influenced by reggae and used the style of guitar.

But, I would say that it was reggae, rather than ska influences in The Clash.  

Electric Uncle Akuma

AnarchyXCore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:25 pm
i love the clash, they were the band that got me into punk. they cant be classified as ska or even part really. some of their songs have that reggae feel to it and that is prolly where people get it mixed up with ska. the clash remade some old reggae and/or ska songs, such as Jimmy Jazz, Time Is Tight, and Too Much Pressure  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:10 am
only some of their songs i would actually consider ska....  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

NoFingersMcKenzi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:53 pm
I'm really tempted to put the a**l c**t quote, but back to the topic. I don't care for the Clash but I do consider them punk, and yes as stated before some of their songs do have a reggae feel.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:57 pm
Electric Uncle Akuma
Okay, so technically The Clash weren't even part ska.
I can see why you'd get that idea though, because they were influenced by reggae and used the style of guitar.

But, I would say that it was reggae, rather than ska influences in The Clash.

Actually, it was more of ska and dub that influenced the Clash, because of where Paul Simonon grew up. He lived in Brixton which had a lot of people from the West Indies, and so his group of people were really into that kind of music, and thus, so was he. I suppose it just sounded more like reggae because that would be easier to integrate into the sound the Clash had, rather than ska, not to mention that they didn't really have any horns in their band, and at that point in time, before second-wave ska, horns were the centre to the ska sound, instead of the guitar.

I'm not obsessed. I swear. ninja

CheewawaMewmi

annerbelle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:37 am
The clash was heavily influenced by reggae, and incorporated the style into many of their songs (As did many other bands of the time). I wouldn't consider them a ska band, though, just an awesome band.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:35 am
i consider some songs to have ska or jazz influences, they are a great band but theyre punk rock  

Don Caballero

Chekur

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:22 pm
Wrong em' boyo now thats a good ska song by them, but i consider them ska and punk , they mix em up  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:44 pm
JOE STRUMMER

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Chekur

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:13 am
sorry i wasnt clear on my last comment lol, obviously if they have roots based or ska based songs there part ska and it is not based on oppinion, its either they have ska songs or they dont, point stated haha  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:17 pm
The Clash DID cover "Pressure Drop".  

Throwaway Style

Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out