Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Hikari's Random Artsu~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hikari de Grazia

Gracious Gekko

32,825 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:44 pm
Hi there!

I'm Hikari desu~ Well, let's see...

Skill set: Wut? Anime I guess? And just line art. Freehand (meaning no pen tool or whatever)
Education: Just tutorials in DA (though I only started to look at it a few months ago).
Experience: I've been drawing since I was 4! No particular experience really... I doodle everyday on a sheet of paper, joined a few art contest in school (not really winning), I've done some commissions here on gaia, and... what else...?

I have a lot of... stuff... >_>

MS Paint Drawings (this is the style I'm currently using)
<>
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Others (not so important... but I'll put them here anyway~)

<>

MS Paint (I do this once in a while)
[1][2]

Photoshop (You don't need to look at them... because I don't use photoshop anymore)
[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

I have OTHER arts but I can't find them... crying

I'll just put them up when I DO find them...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:42 am
Yosh fixed~

Anyone, please critique?

ATM, I'm only using MS Paint and no other program! xD

And before anyone says it, I'll say it now: I know there's something wrong with ze bunny! xD  

Hikari de Grazia

Gracious Gekko

32,825 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500

lea florens

Dapper Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:51 am
Firstly, I think it's very impressive that you've achieved variation in line thickness with MS Paint. It makes your lineart much livelier.

One thing you might want to focus upon is practicing hands - in the 'Yuiri Sasarai' picture, the last two fingers would be better swapping positions. =p Why I say this is that the little finger would be lower than the ring finger at the point closer to it's connection to the palm when you make this pose, plus the ring finger would not be hidden by the little finger. Instead, they should be side by side. Try doing the same pose in the mirror and study your hand.
'Dave''s hand is pretty well done. smile (though his left eye should be alittle closer to the midline of his head, I think)

'Admiral Kathryn Janeway' - try to keep your style constant, if the right hand has fingers, add fingers to the left hand as well. The little finger seems alittle thin compared to the other fingers as well.

My first reaction was still: 'Goodness, cute art.' Xp Just have to keep working on those hands, good luck! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:33 am
Lea Florens
Firstly, I think it's very impressive that you've achieved variation in line thickness with MS Paint. It makes your lineart much livelier.

Lolz Thank you very much~ ^^
I admit it wasn't easy to keep the pixels in-line... xD

Lea Florens
One thing you might want to focus upon is practicing hands - in the 'Yuiri Sasarai' picture, the last two fingers would be better swapping positions. =p Why I say this is that the little finger would be lower than the ring finger at the point closer to it's connection to the palm when you make this pose, plus the ring finger would not be hidden by the little finger. Instead, they should be side by side. Try doing the same pose in the mirror and study your hand.

'Admiral Kathryn Janeway' - try to keep your style constant, if the right hand has fingers, add fingers to the left hand as well. The little finger seems a little thin compared to the other fingers as well.

Hand, hand, hand~ biggrin well, fingers, really...
Looks like I need some serious practice for that, haha! ^^;
Thank you for pointing it out!

Lea Florens
'Dave''s hand is pretty well done. smile (though his left eye should be alittle closer to the midline of his head, I think)

I apologize... I have a serious problem with balancing the eyes... >.< The reason why most of my drawings are one-eyed or winking... xD
I'll try to work on it though~

Lea Florens
My first reaction was still: 'Goodness, cute art.' Xp Just have to keep working on those hands, good luck! smile

Thank You!!! biggrin

Hikari de Grazia

Gracious Gekko

32,825 Points
  • Super Jumper 500
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500

infinim

Shameless Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:16 am

Yeah, Lea Florens is right. I think your lineart is amazing, though! I have extremely limited abilities with my tablet, so I have to use the d@mn pen tool =_=

If you ever have the urge to help someone, I'm here xDD

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff