Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Hi Plz Rate My art

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Josugay

Aged Bro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:05 pm
Hi Im Abbymar and I just started drawing I wanna know
On a 1-10 scale how much do you rate mine
I acept good and bad comments thnx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:20 pm
I'm sorry to say that I never rate any drawing only on a scale from 1-10, it's very hard since there are many different things to look at : D
I must say that you have very good ideas, It seems like you have it all planned in your mind when you start, which is a very good quality : D You also give the picture a wholeness, with leaves and the moon on picture 4, which moves the character to a scene : 3
With more practising I believe you will do very well : D Drawing things and people off is always a good thing to do!

I hope this works as some critique for you, I'm pretty new here ;'D

Good luck with drawing : D!

Nemai

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:55 pm
If you're not making suggestions toward improvement, you're not doing much of a critique. Keep in mind that we're here to promote improvement. Not have a feel good hugbox.

Anyway, since you're very green to drawing, we'll keep it extremely simple. Master this and then move on to more complex things.

Fortunately, you have a decent sense of balance in the figures. That's something maybe beginners have a lot of trouble with. It's time to work on form. Use simple shapes to make a body. Keep the shapes 3d, rather than 2d. Also, try to get a sense of where the floor is and how much space may be between the feet. These things will help your drawings pop off the page.

User Image

Don't worry about things like anatomy just yet. Start simple.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm
Thnx Guys, I'll try to follow your advice, but still I want more comments from others wink  

Josugay

Aged Bro

Captain Kolita

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:40 pm
I too refuse to rate your art, but I will give you some of my impressions on just what to change.

1. I would think about the props you'll have in the picture before you draw your figure. Think about the weight of the objects and try to make the stance and the way the arms are held reflect that, so that it doesn't look like you added them last minute.

2. Make the hips and limbs bigger, just to avoid the upsidedown-triangle look.

I would just keep working, and would recommend experimenting on your own for quite a while. ^^ I don't think you're at the point at which critiques are most helpful to you, seeing as there are many fine art books that would be beneficial for your continuing maturity as an artist. Check out a How To Draw book that looks good to you.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games