Crew

5,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:38 pm
GailAnne Munchkin
DizzyTee
Can someone tell me how to make a glow thread? Thanks!

1. To make a GLOW THREAD you need to first make a new post in the AQUARIUM FORUM. The title should be something like "SETTING UP - PLEASE DO NOT POST!" so that people will not post in it. It helps people to not be upset thinking that a tank is glowing in your post.

2. Next, post yourself in the first post, and then post again 14 times more, thus filling the entire page. This forces the first page to be short and to load quickly. Most people don't have a lot of patience with slow-loading threads.

3. You should bookmark your post and subscribe to your post so you don't lose your glow thread. (If you should lose track of your bumb thread, you can always go to your signature and copy and paste the url to the address bar.)

4. After doing all of that, EDIT THE TITLE to what you want it to be. It should be short and include the word "GLOWING" so that people seeing the word "GLOWING" will know your tank is active. An example would be "GLOWING - DOLPHINS AND MERMAIDS". Or whatever you have in your tank.

5. Now you need to go to your SIGNATURE (if you don't know where that is, it's in your Account Settings. It's the gear icon on the right side at the top) and edit it so that it includes a link in your glow thread. Go to your glow thread. Click on "REPLY" and copy and past THAT url (web address) into your signature.
EXAMPLE:
Please Bump Here If I Glow!Fish will gather if you tap tank before countdown

REPLACE THE ARROWS <> WITH THESE BRACKETS: [] I changed them so the code would show up and not the link.

It's a lot of trouble, but if you take the time to do it, it will make you more gold. Also, remember to bump tanks that you play. It not only helps the owner of the tank, it helps you because each time you bump, you are posting your tank on someone else's Glow Thread where others may play it if they see it is glowing.

HAPPY BOOTY GRABBING! heart

You were glowing, but I can't booty grab crying . This has been going on for about a week now. Do you have any info you can share to help me understand this? Its not letting my mom grab either.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 pm
So, I figured how to get the tank analyzer in my sig. Does it tell when the next glow will be?
Is it true that the soonest I will loose a dolphin will be 2012?  

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

SylverStar

High-functioning Counselor

17,450 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:55 am
kinkykitty89

Because I am bored:

Enviroment # you use for tank analyzer: 532343

Code for you to use to lead to a reply box for your glow thread:

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/compose/entry/new/57076617/]What you want to say here. [/url]

Thanks. Sorry for the slowness. But everyone was very helpful.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:25 am
So, I checked the Aquarium Forum and Admin Lead says on a bug fix post:
"Fish that don't die will now have their proper life expectancy dates set starting from this day forward. So a fish with a 4-month life expectancy will die in late October 2010. This fix includes fish that were previously given to Barrett, as well as tanks that haven't been visited."
So my fish will die in October rather than in 2012. But talk about a stupid fix! In October there will be a flood of drops that will drive the price way down, and a skyrocketing in the price of fish to fill empty tanks. Then there is also the people selling off dead fish as quickly as possible. So you really can't trust buying the fish you need ahead of time. But I understand that having fish that outlive their lifespan is a big problem too. Think I'll have to spring for Gaia cash.  

Purtie
Crew

Obsessive Elder

(HELP CENTER)CUSTOMER SERVICE 4 MEMBERS

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out