Submit

Well?
  Yes
  No
  I dont care
View Results

TheLunarEnd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:57 pm
I have to do a poll for my English Research Paper on my topic "Should Schools have Healthier Lunches?"

So please at least do the poll or maybe right down in a comment what you think.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 pm
I think they should. :F
I think healthier lunches might taste better too, even if it means taking away some of the fatty good stuff.  

cuvier

Fashionable Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200

x-Shadow Wind

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:00 pm
I voted 'No', because my school has pretty healthy lunches, although they do taste like crap on a cracker.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:13 pm
User Image
I think they should also have more lactose intolerant, vegetarian and vegan friendly lunches as well.
With the uprising number of vegetarians it would be more beneficial to their interests as well as making more lactose friendly meals,
there are a lot more of us than they account for!

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Nariana

Hygienic Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:09 pm
Definitely. There are too many fried foods and not enough salads and fruits and such.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:17 pm
Savanna, have you ever tasted our schools salad?
s**t. Complete and utter s**t. I couldn't even FINISH it and I'm FAT. I always finish my meals.
So I think the better question is "Should schools have BETTER healthier lunches?"

Fatgirl and Robin

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:34 pm
I recommend watching "super size me" for research. There's an excellent part about school lunches, including a school for delinquents that switched to a healthy lunch program. The kids all started to perform better at school because their diets improved. And these were the problem kids! So yes, I think we should have higher quality healthier lunches at school. Not just some standards that say everything has to be low fat. Our school did that, and the food got terrible without getting more nutritional.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:25 pm
I have always thought that they need to get better quality and more of a variety of healthy foods. Cos like sure schools have been "going healthy" by placing fruits and salads but like they taste like crap; Me and Momo's school has some pretty nasty food and like probably the worst is the salads. The lettuce is like brown and its just nasty >.>
And thank you Kaiyle Brightblade, I remember my aerobics class I was in for one half of this school year we were gonna watch Super Size Me but instead we watched a stupid video about anorexia and bulemia twenty times >.<  

TheLunarEnd

Artists Love Forever

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:29 pm
DEFINITELY. My school has what I call rubber on a bun. (hot dogs)
it's DISGUSTING. We have wayyyy too much fried foods, and most kids are like 1O-5O lbs. overweight. xP

But they should at least make yummy healthy lunches; like salad and mini bread sticks, put a little fried food to make it taste a little better.(:

As long as they don't taste like crap, yes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:03 pm
The crap they call food that they serve in schools (even in college!) is absolutely horrible for you! Not only is it all frozen but its all processed and made out of lips, butts, and bones!

Ugh don't even get me started! scream  

srv1025

Foxdilfer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 am
Bleh I use to always bring my own lunch to school. I remember that the lunches materials were comparable to prison food. (honestly was prison food but not as close to the exp date)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:13 pm
I voted "yes". Absolutely.
My school serves pizza and fries almost every other day.
I try to get healthy foods. And when I do, kids are like "Why didn't you get fries?"
I'm trying to lose a little weight, and fight away the fat foods they have in school, but it's next to impossible. Time to break out the lunch box!

-Angel Monster

The Angel Monster

4,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

AstridMiriam

Party Browser

13,100 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Edward 100