Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply Mad Hatter Chatter
Book of the Week: The Hunger Games Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Hunger Games?
  Loved it!
  'Twas pretty good
  Eh.
  Haven't read it yet
View Results

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:12 pm
I'm not sure about Edith, but I think the Lory was based off of one of her sisters (Lorina) and at one point it says "I'm older than you, and would know better" or something along those lines... sounds like a sister to me! hahaha...

And ravenkitty, it is indeed a good suggestion. I've read it a couple times myself, and I simply love it! I think I might space out the Wonderland-related books so we don't go through them all at the very beginning of this thread, but I'm definitely keeping it in mind. (:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:43 pm
All right, new book is up. It's not anything Looking-Glass-related, but I really enjoyed this book and it was a minor source of discussion in another thread somewhere around here, sooo... here is Coraline!  

The Night Faery
Captain

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:24 pm
I really loved Coraline. smile I first read it when I was around 10 during a power outage... and it was really awesome. Creeped me out so much, but wow.

I found the book was much better than the movie though...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:20 pm
I agree. I did enjoy the movie, but I feel like the book had so much more to offer-- Neil Gaiman has this particular way of writing... I don't know, he can pretty much put you right there in the scene. And the suspense mixed with subtle bits of wit and comedy... I love his writing style. (:  

The Night Faery
Captain

Lady March Hare
Crew

Fanatical Lunatic

29,890 Points
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:56 pm
Oooh... I have to say, I absolutely loved the movie, but I have not read the book. I'd really like to! I've just never seen it anywhere. >_>; But from what I've seen of the movie, it has a really neat storyline. I loved the characters and their many weird, weird psychological problems. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 pm
I haven't read it. *sighs* But I've seen the movie; actually kind of makes me want to read the book.  

Azure Caterpillar

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:56 pm
Awww, nobody else has an opinion on this book? ):

But yeah, I'd definitely recommend it. Very simple but well-developed storyline, excellent writing and really unique characters....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:56 am
Hmmm, a book for week 3... What genre would it be? Because there's The Christopher Killer which is a good read, but only to those who are interested in murder investigations and detailed autopsies. Or... A good thriller is Down a Dark Hall by Lois Duncan, author of Killing Mr. Griffin. She's very good at capturing the horror and thrills from death and psychopaths. xd

On the path of death and such... There's a good ghost story called The Old Willis Place by Mary Downing Hahn. It's not gory, but quite a good read. Hope these get taken into consideration. ^_^  

ravenkitty776

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:15 pm
After a loooong hiatus, there is at last a third Book of the Week-- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. I loved this book so much. It made my pulse hammer, my blood rush, my skin crawl, my eyes widen and my heart break. In my humble opinion-- a truly amazing read.

Discuss!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:29 am
Oh come on now, I know I'm not the only person here who has read these... What did you like, what didn't you like, what was terrifying, &c. &c.? Don't be shy!  

The Night Faery
Captain

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:26 am
Ah I haven't read this book either; sounds interesting though... hmmm... I need to read more... but also write more... oh my; I've not been doing either of those much for a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:04 am
I had got to read The Hunger Games in school. It was probably the best book I've ever read ever! I haven't read the second book but own the third and have read that.

I love the writing style and the way she pulls you in. I couldn't make myself stop reading it even though we were only supposed to read only a few chapters a day.

It made me laugh, cry, and go through all of the emotions Katniss had to go through. Love it!  

xXchocolate_pigsXx

5,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100

The Night Faery
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:33 am
@ Azure: Dooo it!! It's a really fast read, I guarantee-- not because it's for kids, but because it's incredibly fast-paced and engaging....

@ PwettieColors: I KNOW!! A friend of mine (who worked in a bookstore) recommended it very strongly to me (aka, basically demanded that I read it), and another friend said that whenever she pictured Katniss she saw me (before I cut my hair lol), so I was kind of intrigued, but I had no idea how amazing it was going to be.

I totally agree, I had a really hard time putting the book down. I'm surprised they let you read it in school, because a lot of schools nowadays are really prudish, but that is so great! Go Your School! (;

Definitely read the second book. Everything that happens with the Quarter Quell, and just... bah!!! Katniss also has a lot of very terrifying up-close-and-personal time with President Snow. Gave me the creepy crawlies when I read it!

Mad Hatter Chatter

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff