Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians
Vegan Makeup (Yay I found some!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tandahda

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:20 pm
Hey gaiz, I don't know about you guys but I always had trouble making sure I could find great colours for eyeshadow and stuff. Ie: Purple. That was also vegan. Heh. I used to look long and hard at the urban decay cosmetics site all the tiiiiime. They don't ship to Canada though so I'd have to get them through another provider so I never did buy any.

I came upon (not *actually* recently but I thought it might be good to tell the world anyway) an etsy store that has vegan loose pigments, is called Glitter Sniffer Cosmetics and they have really really *really* great stuff.

Glitter Sniffer!

Here's a shot of me with some of the pigment on!
User Image
User Image

Check it out, she has some of the most vibrant colours ever. (I wish I could wear blue eyeshadow)  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:14 pm
thanks for the heads up!
I know this might sound like a stupid question, but is the majority of makeup not vegan?  

winnlovesyou

Sylphide Le Papillion

Fashionable Vampire

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 9:05 am
winnlovesyou
thanks for the heads up!
I know this might sound like a stupid question, but is the majority of makeup not vegan?
Yes, most of it has beeswax and other such things in it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:52 pm
Can you only buy it online?? I hate shopping online.  

eveejoystar

Invisible Poster

6,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100

jacketcat

Friendly Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:25 pm
It seems that Glitter Sniffer had a recall because not all of their items were safe for your eyes, and not all of them were vegan. Be careful, and if you happen to have Glitter Sniffer cosmetics from 2006-2010, I would get rid of them.

Here's the recall link.
http://glittersniffercosmetics.com/recall.html  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 1:43 pm
There is alot of vegan make up out there. You just have to research it. Alot of the main stream make up brands use alot of animal products a** well as test on animals. Not good. But you can find Vegan make up easily just research! It is a bit more expensive though~  

Painful Passion

Beloved Shapeshifter

6,350 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

winnlovesyou

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:21 pm
So there is some pretty good vegan makeup at Shana Logic, if anyone's interested.
http://www.shanalogic.com/girls/makeup.html  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:51 am
This site offers some pretty cool vegan and nerd themed makeup. A lot of the colors are pulled from video games and internet favorites.

http://www.shirocosmetics.com/index.htm

Just thought ya'll might like this.  

Banvivrie

Familiar Poster

Captain Pasta

Gracious Genius

3,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:38 pm
Has any one heard of E.LF

e.l.f

They're make up is really good and very well priced.

Also Lush do amazing make up, but that's quite expensive.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:37 pm
lush does do amazing makeup, however I am cheep and I like making my own....this will sound weird

cocoa powder= wonderful loose eye shadow

Beet: slice or peel the beet and you can use the juice as blush, and a wonderful lip stain

Blueberry: a great way to use the juice is to put it on a q-tip with most of the cotton pulled off and to use it as eyeliner and/or mascara. I love it for mascara though it is different then regular mascara.It works amazingly if you curl your lashes afterwords.

Ginger root: wonderful to decrease swelling almost instantly on pimples and blemishes.

coconut oil: I love this stuff, it's like amazing lotion, and it works wonderful as a lip balm that's clear but slightly shiny  

lefty_7

Rainbow Lover

15,900 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Pet Lover 100
Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items