Reply 13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature
Amazon Rainforest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CinnaminRollPuppy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:35 am
Yesterday In Social Studies we watched a video about the Amazon Rainforest. In the video, we learned about all these rare species and the beautiful forest... and so on. But then towards then end, I nearly broke the Tv. Every day people are killing the rare species, the trees and everything. They even put mercury in the water! MERCURY! They kill everything for "farming", then they never use it. Which is stupid, then it got me to the point were I wanna yell at them, we had to watch them kill everything.

So discuss, what do you think of them killing it?

((Is this in the right forum? >> ))  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:08 pm
Well, the Amazon is nature, right?

It is pathetic what we humans will do just to get a little extra cash. We are selfish greedy bastards that should've been smited by whatever controlling force is out there centuries ago. And yes, myself included.

Before we came along, everything in this world was balanced. Population was kept in check by predators and food supply, animals and plants lived no longer than they needed to, and whatever was taken from the earth in life was given back in death. But, we humans were different than all the other animals, for we could think. We thought that we needed to cover our bare bodies, so we killed/sheared animals for their skin/hair so we could wear it. We thought we required more food, so we began farming, hunting, and gathering more than what was necessary. We thought we needed tools to make working less tiring, so we broke apart stones and cut down trees we didn't need. We thought we needed to live longer, so we took plants and killed animals to develop medicine. And that pattern of thinking kept going and going, developing wants and desires, until we got to where we are today. We are so blinded by what we think we need, that we don't see how it affects other living beings that are not as 'highly developed' as we are.

....Sorry about the rant, but these kind of topics tend to get me riled up. sweatdrop  

nikomas

Enduring Elocutionist

13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces