Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Authority Abuse? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Know someone who is a little to authoritive?
  yes
  no
  kind of
View Results

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:43 pm
ChildoftheMoon14
zz1000zz
On topic, it sounds like she is taking advantage of you because she can. I don't know if you would call that "authority abuse," but it is certainly inappropriate.

Have you tried talking to your mother about this?

Well, my mother has been talking to her about acting like she can't do very simple things that she's able to. My god aunt knows not to ask my mother to do the stuff she asks me to do because she knows my mom isn't going to do it. But my mother doesn't know that she asks me that much.

You should talk to your mother about it. If she won't put up with your god-aunt doing that to her, chances are she won't put up with your god-aunt doing it to you.

Either way, you have no obligation to help your god-aunt in the way she is demanding.

ChildoftheMoon14
For the third thing, was I being too harsh with some of the things I said?

No. While you should probably have ignored the trolls, you didn't do anything wrong.

Death of Cool
zz1000zz
First, to my knowledge Angel of the End was only kicked out of this guild once, and she was let back in almost immediately.

She needs to be kicked out permanently.

If you have issues with another member of this guild, please handle them through private messages, whether with that user or with a moderator. Comments like this don't need to be made in public, especially not when they are completely off topic.

People, quit with the trolling and off topic nonsense. If you wish to contribute to the topic, you are welcome to. If you don't wish to contribute, don't post.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:42 pm
On topic:
Some people are just dicks.
It's usually people that can only assume control when the alpha leader isn't around.  

Xahmen

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:19 pm
doom1000
just read the entire thread, and realized that none, but one, has actually answered the question. So here i go:

If she is able to do some things on her own (with no problems what so ever) but still ask's you to do it for her, while using her bad arm as an excuse, then i would say that she is abusing your helpfulness.

I know I quoted this previously, but it reminded me of something. It isn't really her arm that she comlpains about; it's her legs. Sometimes they really do hurt her. Other times she's just using it as an excuse to be lazy. Want to know how I know? Some time last week or the week before, she asked me if I could go downstairs and get her a Pop Tart out of the kitchen (she said her legs were hurting too badly). As soon as I open the cabinet... bam. Here she comes down the stairs. And I was just up there thinking, Dude, if you followed me down here, you could have come down here and gotten it. That wasn't the first time that happened, either.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:40 pm
(Gosh, two mods duking it out in my post
This one right HERE)

On Topic:
Your best bet is to just grin and bare it.
There's not much you can do because unlike us, people you complain to irl and in your family will literally just see that she's handicapped and will think you're a terrible person for not bowing to her every whim.

Mod Edit: That picture is strange, as there was a blank line between the moderator remarks in the original post.
EDIT: Not when I screencapped it.
Mod Edit: Screwy.  

Xahmen

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:13 pm
Good point. Well, my mother may understand in some way because she's catching on to my aunt's tricks, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 pm
I would have to say that's not authority abuse, but is is wrong for her to do. Helping is fine, but she's taking it too far. If your mom knows, and is catching on, there isn't much you can do but politely decline if she is pushing it too far  

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers