Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
|★★★Critique,Price My art★★★|

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seracilia

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 pm
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

CRITIQUE,PRICE AND SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

I wanna some people that actually know
what they are saying critique my art,
And if it's possible price it,couse I will open an art shop soon.
And if you have any suggestions hat could help me with my
shop please than post it here.
Oh and yea,I mostly don't know what to write all in a
shop and what do I have to have. If you know a good
shop or if you have one with everything in just link me to
figure everything out. I wont steal anything don't worry.

Thank you very much. Now here is my art.
[Click herE]

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm
It's not bad. The coloring is pleasant for the most part (the backround is somewhat distracting for me) but I see a few issues with the anatomy.

One arms do not look like stubs, there is a joint connecting the upper and lower part of the arm. Not one big cylinder. Also the arms are a tad short here and the hands are a tad small.

Also the legs seem a tad thick especially for her build. And to me it seems her legs are a little short, perhaps the torso also.

It's pretty good though. biggrin Just a few issues.

I'm sorry but I'm horrible at pricing things, so I'm scared to say something there. sweatdrop  

zathraya

-Violet Kitties- MULE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:05 pm
I love it! Only one thing: the fingers on the right hand. They look a tad bit stubby. For the price, I personally would pay at least 10k for it. If you do start an art shop, let me know, I will be one of your first customers! Go to the link in my siggy and it tells you a GREAT way to format your shop. Keep in mind, you may feel offended, it is sarcastic. I couldn't stop laughing while I read!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:19 am
Okay, the only thing that's not right is the legs.
The way the dress balloons out looks like her butt, then combined with legs that aren't quite right, it's a weird illusion.
I think it looks like she's rotating another way to the way her legs are. Perhaps widening the hips would fix this, I'm not sure.
Apart from that, I really love the torso, and the colouring is quite nice.
I'm not really very good at pricing however. razz  

no surrender

Folken_Schezar
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:25 am
okay here we go i'm gonna structure this from general to specific and top to bottom.

1st off your proportions are kind of all over the place.
#1 your figure is too short. a person of normal height is about 7 - 7.5 heads high. yours is at around 6.
#2 the hips is at the 4th head down. yours is at 3. also the hips are always wider then the head. and yours is roughly the same size.
next is the left shoulder it sticks out to far and looks disjointed.
the length of the arm is off too. while yes the hand is supposed to end about mid thigh but since your general proportions are off it makes your arm off too. an easy way to remember how to proportionate the arm is 1) elbow ends about where the navel is or shortly after the ribcage. the hand is about he same size as the face. palm to end of the middle finger is slightly longer then chin to eyebrow.
the think legs. i'm actually okay with . i think the reason they look weird is because or the hips being too small. and as for the butt flair of the dress its fine even though the hips are facing forward

i think thats about it. let me know if anything is unclear or you have anymore questions  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games