Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
2 Random Questions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free Gold
  because it's good.
View Results

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:11 pm
Ok, I've got a few weird problems.

First: Whenever I exercise my feet fall asleep. It's the strangest thing and I don't know if it's how I'm standing or what when I do my workouts.

Second: this could probably go under the vitamins and nutrients section (but I can't post there sweatdrop ), anyway, I take a woman's multivitamin everyday, but unless I time it perfectly right around eating breakfast I end up violently ill. The vitamins are normal so I was wondering if anyone knew any reason why this might be happening. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:30 pm
o.o "violently ill".

Is it a normal multivitamin, or a weight-loss oriented one?
Any calorie-burning type of vitamins make me sick to my stomach if it's not absolutely stuffed when I take it. ;^; Maybe that's it? If it's a normal one I don't know why.

Also for the feet asleep problem, are you warming up? Or are you going from being lazy on the couch to doing jumping jacks? Hm.. It's obviously a circulation issue which could be caused by a number of things. Do your feet go numb just walking? Does it not do it when you walk/warm up before you work out? What kind of workouts make your feet go numb?

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:05 pm
I am doing warm ups before I start exercising, the time when it really happens is when I do my boxing exercise. Although my entire body is moving, my feet stay pretty stationary throughout, it's only shifting that occurs back and forth during it. That might be it though, I will try moving my feet more during that one.

As for the multivitamin, it is a completely normal woman's health multivitamin. I've always had this problem with vitamins and other then being female specific there hasn't been anything fancy about them (except when my grandparents gave me their 50+ multivitamin when I was little and visiting them - that was NOT a pretty sight sweatdrop ). There's the option of not taking a vitamin of course, but I need to take one because my diet isn't good enough yet to get all the vitamins that I need.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:23 am
1. I would guess that your shoes are too small. whee

2. You should talk to your doctor 'cause you might be allergic to something in the vitamins. o.o  

__penguin__
Captain

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:37 am
__penguin__
1. I would guess that your shoes are too small. whee

Or are laced too tight. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:55 am
The laced too tight explanation is a good prognosis... try doing a simple workout with your shoes off if you can.

And about your vitamin, talk to your doctor, but it could just be that you need to eat with your vitamin. I need to eat with my iron or I get super nauseous.  

Tandahda
Crew

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 am
Seraphsody
The laced too tight explanation is a good prognosis... try doing a simple workout with your shoes off if you can.

And about your vitamin, talk to your doctor, but it could just be that you need to eat with your vitamin. I need to eat with my iron or I get super nauseous.

THIS! I think this is your problem.
Women's vitamins have a lot more iron than do men's, simply because we lose blood once a month and they... shouldn't? Anyway, you're probably taking in too much iron.

Try switching to a regular multivitamin or men's vitamin. The iron is the primary difference between the two I believe (men will get ill if they take in too much iron which is why donating blood is so healthy for them) so that might be your problem.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:07 am
If it is the iron, you can get a chewable vitamin, or the gummy. Those don't usually have much iron. And they're pretty tasty.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:21 pm
Yeah, that sounds just about right. If I didn't eat at the right time when I took my vitamin I'd get nauseous. Wow, ok, switching to gummy vitamins now. Thanks so much guys! I'll also work on the shoes too. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 pm
OK guys, just wanted to give you an update, it's been almost a week of taking gummi vitamins and I have not gotten sick once! The only major difference from my previous vitamins is the amount of iron so I definitely think that was the problem. Thanks again so much guys for your advice on this!  

themadwriter

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games