Welcome to Gaia! ::

8th Annual User Run Ball

Back to Guilds

The planning guild for the 8th Annual Ball. Wanna help? 

Tags: Creativity, User-Based, Annual, Artists, Ball 

Reply Community Hub---[Help Plan Events, Contests & Much More!]
Easter/St Pat Event Discussion!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 pm
'Ello there. During last night's meeting we came to the realization that we have nothing in the works for March. Well, we're going to change that.

We'll be looking to start doing something festive some where within the middle of the month. Now, many of you had some incredible ideas on what you would like to do-- and that's wonderful! I'm hoping everyone will get a chance to place some input on ideas they would have.

We're primarily focusing on doing something for Easter-- seeing we will have a lil bit more time to plan for that.

Some of the prime ideas that stood out were Egg Coloring Contests, and setting up some form of scavenger hunt. Should we do a scavenger hunt it would be a great idea to also allow it to be a chance to educate people on what we do. Perhaps even some trivia or the like on the Ball of now and the past. At any rate.. I'm putting the Ball in your court for now-- at least a week or maybe two, for everyone to voice their ideas.

I'm not going to guarantee that everyone's ideas will be used-- however, I will take it into great consideration.

The event will likely take place in Chatterbox-- as it was determined that the Community Event Forum was not nearly as popular as we hoped.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:31 pm
ummmm...can we use my idea for the st patricks event thing...the hunt for the pot of gold?  

KARAZY kawaii Silver-chan

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 am
I second the Scavenger Hunt. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:40 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Enjoy the randomness...

I was thinking about hosting an easter or march event for my own guild soon, so seeing this is kind of funny. And I wish to say sorry to everyone for being inactive! I've been helping my brother move for the last week as well as dealing with collage. I hope to be back soon, and I hope to do a new Newsletter soon from gaia 7 action news. That's all for now, I'll have more time later today or tomorrow to make more of a comment on this. >.>'

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Keya Teh Spazz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:11 pm
If you want to use an Olympian theme for the Easter event, you could have a 'hunt for the golden apple(s)'.
Eris, goddess of chaos, used to use a golden apple. Wherever she threw it, people would fight over it. Lovers would fight, best friends would be torn apart, and countries would go to war over it.
Well, someone could have glimpses the extraordinary golden apple and now everyone's on a hunt for it.
Prizes or gold could be given out to the people who find them. We could have the 'golden apples' be people in towns, or certain pages in a thread. Whoever posts first finds it? Something like that.
Just an idea, if you want to use it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:01 pm
Heyyy, Ace here. Sorry for not showing up in months.

For the savenger hunt, maybe we can have Easter looking mules in towns, and we can try finding them there...? Maybe we can give hints out too. And if there would be a prize, I would say it should be easter-themed. (no der)  

Ace Unknown

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Jinarrow
Vice Captain

3,250 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:51 am
Keya Teh Spazz
If you want to use an Olympian theme for the Easter event, you could have a 'hunt for the golden apple(s)'.
Eris, goddess of chaos, used to use a golden apple. Wherever she threw it, people would fight over it. Lovers would fight, best friends would be torn apart, and countries would go to war over it.
Well, someone could have glimpses the extraordinary golden apple and now everyone's on a hunt for it.
Prizes or gold could be given out to the people who find them. We could have the 'golden apples' be people in towns, or certain pages in a thread. Whoever posts first finds it? Something like that.
Just an idea, if you want to use it.

Wouldn't that reveal the theme of the Ball? O.o And, does Greek Mythology have Golden Apples? Good idea though. *thumbs up*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:52 am
Enjoy the randomness...

The goddess of Chaos, Eris, using Golden apples to create Chaos. When she threw them great disaster would happened, Tidal waves, Earth quakes, Wars, and even smaller ones like Keya said. (Lovers splitting up.) There's also a myth in Greek lore that if you eat an golden apple, you become immortal.

I'm sure there are more myths about golden apples, but those are a few in Greek lore. Although Keya, I don't think we could do anything in towns like you said, as we can't create items in towns. Though what we can do is...

Have a list of different threads who want to be a part of this event in secret, and have each thread hide one golden apple somewhere in them. (We'd want them hidden in different ways of course.) and during the event, sort of drop some random clues into normal conversation, or simply have the staff of the event have banner links to some of the threads, so people get the idea to look around. It'd make the event feel bigger and more planned out.

...That is me.

Poyudi Hytori

Crew

Moonlight Hunter

17,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Keya Teh Spazz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 pm
@Shunatsu: I thought the theme was already known?

@Hytori: You're right about the disaster things too, but I was just focusing on relationships because people could cause some drama with that.
And we don't have to create items, we just hide people. A few mules with the names "Golden Apple Number 1" or something like that. If someone comes up to them and says "I found you!" Then they win. You could have them hide in the most remote places in towns.
But the thread idea is good too. Sometimes towns don't work well for users, and the thread idea would be fairer for them.
You could find some people willing to participate easily.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:52 pm
@Shunatsu: If the theme isn't known, then maybe it would be a good hint for it...?  

Ace Unknown

6,650 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pixilated Envy
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:50 pm
Call me old fashion but-- if we do a scavenger hunt-- I'd like it to be more focused on bunnies/eggs and more Easterish. I will say this, though, that sounds like an intriguing contest to hold during the ball itself. If I had the means to fit it into our room I most certainly would.

I do also like the incorporating of towns/live action areas-- assuming we can keep our event goers safe from many of the issues I hear plaguing the virtual world areas. Perhaps a zOMG scavenger hunt/hide'n'go seek. in barton town or Village Green? Using riddles and other things?

Such a complex idea would, however, create the need for many helpers. Mainly due to layers and the like.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:34 pm
are we still going to try to throw something together?  

xTrueBlissx
Vice Captain

Community Hub---[Help Plan Events, Contests & Much More!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces