I draw Anime. And I need help. (:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xI_Kawaii_Kitty_Ix

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:21 pm

User Image
Hey. I do the art of Anime. I'm having troubles with side-veiws and couples. My scaner is broken so when I can fix it I will scan on a few of my pictures. Please help me with the eyes and faces/bodys and hair. Mostly SHORT hair. If you have any pictures or anything please show me. I'd really like it. Thankyou.
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:36 pm
I don't have any pictures online right now of what you are having trouble with, but those are some of the harder things to draw. I can post some for you though If you would like~

I have to agree that profile views are one of the hardest things to draw. Once you get it though, it will just come naturally ;3

I'm just going to say, that you want to keep the mouth completely within the lines of the face, and if you try looking at the profile of someones head.

and this video may help you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UuA7gbT1_M
I personally don't like his techniques too much, but I think it will help.

and all this reminds me I need to up date my deviantart.....  

Emo Pankakes

Gracious Gekko

11,500 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

SilentFantasies

Invisible Entrepreneur

6,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:58 pm

I can do a couple scans of my books for you that result in those areas and I can scribble up a few sketches for you to see how I apply them to my work, I typically work in 3/4.

Anyways, if you go to my dA account, I have some anime-ish drawings ranging back up to 2years ago or so.

To Deviant Art

I was thinking of showing a video of how I do my work but I dunno yet =]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:26 am
Couples for me is really hard to draw because I can't draw guys. At all. Side views are hard as well but what I did was look at a manga a look at the picture of a girl's side view as a reference, and it came out really well.  

minihost2

Desirable Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Tycoon 200

Warped Perceptions

Shirtless Fatcat

8,900 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am
I would love to help you out hun, but sadly side profile is my kryptonite of anime.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:28 am
xI_Kawaii_Kitty_Ix

Hey. I do the art of Anime. I'm having troubles with side-veiws and couples. My scaner is broken so when I can fix it I will scan on a few of my pictures. Please help me with the eyes and faces/bodys and hair. Mostly SHORT hair. If you have any pictures or anything please show me. I'd really like it. Thankyou.

Hang on and I'll do a tutorial on a sheet of paper...I won't put words but I'll use step by step imagery for the faces.

Well I've also got a few questions:
Kissing or not?

looking at each other or not?  

Rizuzua

Fashionable Bunny

20,650 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100

Happedol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:42 am
Happedol says:
Online tutorials and videos will rarely help you, but are sometimes interesting to develop a style. The best way to learn is to draw from real life/real life pictures. Practice Practice Practice!

Although I say you must draw from real life, as I said, anime pictures can also be helpfull in developing a style. I'll try and draw a side-view for you. (hang on and i'll post it)

An anime style with a tiny bit of realism
User Image

An anime style which is more stylized
User Image
Now, if you want a step-by-step explanation, iI'll be happy to make one for you. But remember that practice is the important thing. These are just to help you get a basic idea on which features you should draw.

19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games