Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I want to lose 5 inches off my waist in one-two months

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:17 pm
Right now I am 5'1" and 137 lbs with a 31 inch waist.
I want to get a 26 inch waist for my prom dress and over all look goodness.

Any tips to drive away my belly fat?
I'm doing cardio right now. 20 minutes of jogging at 5.5 mph and 10 minutes of speed walking at 3.5 mph.
Then I lift weights for 15 minutes.

What should I do for my abdomen area? Or increase my running speed and time?

So, I joined a class at the YMCA.
I do muscle confusion for 45 minutes, once a week piyometrics, and 15 minutes of core workouts.
Then, 1-3 days a week I run for 10-20 minutes.
And I'm doing the 8 min abs each day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 am
It's very likely not going to happen healthily. Try for it, because I do hold the idea that almost unrealistic goals are fairly motivating, however don't be completely attached to it because it might not happen. You can however try your best, and then you can say that without sacrificing your health you tried your best and had some success.

The best thing you can do for your abdominal area is continue with cardio and do more weights/strength exercises. Keep in mind that you might not have fat just on the front, you might have it on the back as well.

Crunches where you put your hands behind your head and bring your elbow to touch your knee (and your knee to touch your elbow) are good,

Laying on your back with your knees up and your arms straight out towards your feet. Then moving your fingers to touch your heel, from side to side are also good.

Planks to strengthen your core,

Supermans, where you lay on your stomach with your arms and legs straight out in front and behind you and lift your feet and your arms so that they're off the ground and you're balancing on your stomach.

Pushups are good core exercises and make your arms nice too.

Being healthy about this is advisable because you can probably do something crazy and get your desired results at the cost of your body, but you might gain the weight back after prom. I would rather lose three inches permanently than lose five and have people say "you looked so good in your prom dress, what happened?". It's just something to think on perhaps.  

Tandahda
Crew

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:07 pm
More cardio. If you're going to be working out more eat more calories, too. Cut out all sodas, anything carbonated, I don't care what it says.
No processed carbs, white rice/white bread. Lots of fiber and whole grain to reduce bloating. Drink a ton of water and/or tea.

Basically don't cut out carbs, cut out bad carbs, eat lean meat/fish and tons of veggies and fruits (which are carbs). It's not unrealistic at all, but you have to be strict.

Best of luck, dear.

For exercise, YouTube: 8-minute Abs. It's cheesy, 80's style, but it works. I used it consistently for 2 weeks along with cardio and saw the beginnings of a 4-pack after a month. Don't expect miracles, but be willing to work. If you're motivated enough, start with every day then do it 2x a day. That's what I did. It's a workout though for sure. x3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:09 pm
Also I think it was implied but don't under-eat. 1200 calories minimum a day.

And Seraphsody's advice is gold, definitely listen to her. (:

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:13 pm
Seraphsody
It's very likely not going to happen healthily. Try for it, because I do hold the idea that almost unrealistic goals are fairly motivating, however don't be completely attached to it because it might not happen. You can however try your best, and then you can say that without sacrificing your health you tried your best and had some success.

The best thing you can do for your abdominal area is continue with cardio and do more weights/strength exercises. Keep in mind that you might not have fat just on the front, you might have it on the back as well.

Crunches where you put your hands behind your head and bring your elbow to touch your knee (and your knee to touch your elbow) are good,

Laying on your back with your knees up and your arms straight out towards your feet. Then moving your fingers to touch your heel, from side to side are also good.

Planks to strengthen your core,

Supermans, where you lay on your stomach with your arms and legs straight out in front and behind you and lift your feet and your arms so that they're off the ground and you're balancing on your stomach.

Pushups are good core exercises and make your arms nice too.

Being healthy about this is advisable because you can probably do something crazy and get your desired results at the cost of your body, but you might gain the weight back after prom. I would rather lose three inches permanently than lose five and have people say "you looked so good in your prom dress, what happened?". It's just something to think on perhaps.
I'm aware that it's an iffy goal, but it'll keep me going.

I'll deffinetly do those at home in my spare time.

I recently joined an exercise program, so I should be able to lose atleast 3 inches. :3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:15 pm
Stars in my Pocket
More cardio. If you're going to be working out more eat more calories, too. Cut out all sodas, anything carbonated, I don't care what it says.
No processed carbs, white rice/white bread. Lots of fiber and whole grain to reduce bloating. Drink a ton of water and/or tea.

Basically don't cut out carbs, cut out bad carbs, eat lean meat/fish and tons of veggies and fruits (which are carbs). It's not unrealistic at all, but you have to be strict.

Best of luck, dear.

For exercise, YouTube: 8-minute Abs. It's cheesy, 80's style, but it works. I used it consistently for 2 weeks along with cardio and saw the beginnings of a 4-pack after a month. Don't expect miracles, but be willing to work. If you're motivated enough, start with every day then do it 2x a day. That's what I did. It's a workout though for sure. x3
I don't like soda pop as an everyday drink-- or even to go with a fast food meal, so no problems there. And I'm a monster on fiber. My logs are the size of forests.

And I'm a vegetarian, so I should bulk up on the tofu and cut out the fake meats (processed). And I have been trying for the veggies&fruities more. :3
I've begun to love plain salad.

And I'll definitely look up those videos. Thanks!

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:48 pm
Stars in my Pocket

Best of luck, dear.

I don't like soda pop as an everyday drink-- or even to go with a fast food meal, so no problems there. And I'm a monster on fiber. My logs are the size of forests.

And I'm a vegetarian, so I should bulk up on the tofu and cut out the fake meats (processed). And I have been trying for the veggies&fruities more. :3
I've begun to love plain salad.

And I'll definitely look up those videos. Thanks!

Yay. You *are* still a vegetarian. Rather than tofu, you should try beans. They're full of fiber and nutrients and are super low calorie.

I'm really glad you're not focusing on a super specific hard to reach goal. I kind of see it all the time (been loosin' weight for a while now. ._.) and it distresses me. More than anything else I want everyone to be healthy and happy.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:08 pm
I LOST TWO INCHES!!!!
biggrin DD
I've been eating a TON also.
Hoorah for core work outs and cardio and weight lifting!

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Wank Spanner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:20 pm
Foe one day every week do a water fast. Make a big batch of cabbage soup and eat it for dinner only (1 cup of soup)(1/4 a head of cabbage and 1/4 an onion lasts one week. Add some celery for some crunch). For lunch have a half plate of dark green vegetables, 1/4 plate of protein, and 1/4 plate of cheese. For breakfast you can have an apple with some low fat yogurt and a glass of orange juice. You should snack between your meals, eat a carrot or sliced cucumbers. If you want some desert try a cup of fruit/berries with a table spoon of cool whip or plain yogurt with a drizzle of dark chocolate. Be sure to drink 3-4 liters of water a day (It helps me to try and drink a half a liter every hour).

I like to do this after winter break, it really helps me shed those extra pounds I gain over 2 weeks of laziness. Get the 30 Minute Shred by Jillian Michaels for like 8 bucks. I remember when I first tried it I lost 3 pounds in like 4 days. Lol it sounds unbelievable I know, but it happened some how. Good luck with your goal and congrats on the 2 inches!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:29 pm
Wank Spanner
Foe one day every week do a water fast. Make a big batch of cabbage soup and eat it for dinner only (1 cup of soup)(1/4 a head of cabbage and 1/4 an onion lasts one week. Add some celery for some crunch). For lunch have a half plate of dark green vegetables, 1/4 plate of protein, and 1/4 plate of cheese. For breakfast you can have an apple with some low fat yogurt and a glass of orange juice. You should snack between your meals, eat a carrot or sliced cucumbers. If you want some desert try a cup of fruit/berries with a table spoon of cool whip or plain yogurt with a drizzle of dark chocolate. Be sure to drink 3-4 liters of water a day (It helps me to try and drink a half a liter every hour).

I like to do this after winter break, it really helps me shed those extra pounds I gain over 2 weeks of laziness. Get the 30 Minute Shred by Jillian Michaels for like 8 bucks. I remember when I first tried it I lost 3 pounds in like 4 days. Lol it sounds unbelievable I know, but it happened some how. Good luck with your goal and congrats on the 2 inches!

Losing 3 lbs in 4 days is water weight. Starving yourself like what you suggested (sounds like less than 500cal) is dangerous to say the least. Though it's only for one day, there aren't enough calories and it does your body more harm than good.

Instead of fad dieting and yo-yo-ing on the scale, sweat it out. There's no substitute for hard work.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 pm
Stars in my Pocket

Losing 3 lbs in 4 days is water weight. Starving yourself like what you suggested (sounds like less than 500cal) is dangerous to say the least. Though it's only for one day, there aren't enough calories and it does your body more harm than good.

Instead of fad dieting and yo-yo-ing on the scale, sweat it out. There's no substitute for hard work.

I second this completely, that level of restriction isn't sustainable over the long term.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:52 pm
I'm going with Stars and Sera.

What I've been doing is working out for an hour, sometimes an hour and a half, and been eating a TON.
Damn, I've even ate over an entire bucket of ice cream this week.
I like what I'm doing. Eating a TON. biggrin DDD

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:08 pm
Though, a lot of defecation comes with it. D:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:29 pm
Though, a lot of defecation comes with it. D:

The human body is a machine afterall.  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games