Welcome to Gaia! ::

Street Art Guild

Back to Guilds

Whether you do graffiti, paste ups, stickers, stencils or even just art inspired by them, this is the place to hang out 

Tags: graffiti, sticker, stencil, paste, design 

Reply Resources, Guides, and Tutorials
How To Get Your Paints. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SOEP ONE
Crew

The Committee Staff Member

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:22 am
or you can LEARN to make your OWN paint...
It's better to buy buckets than cans, and if you got any spare cans lying around, you can fill them up. It's possible, but requires too much details. I have a homie that mixes his own paint and slangs them to kids like they're Montanas... LOL

DON'T ASK ME HOW, YOU CAN EITHER LOOK IT UP OR FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF... (it involves temperature, gravity and a few basic tools)

If you want to mix your own paint, all you need are the basic colors, but a lot of white and black if you plan on mixing different shades (MOST LIKELY)... Cause basic colors are just too basic... lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm
SOEP ONE
It's better to buy buckets than cans, and if you got any spare cans lying around, you can fill them up. It's possible, but requires too much details. I have a homie that mixes his own paint and slangs them to kids like they're Montanas... LOL

DON'T ASK ME HOW, YOU CAN EITHER LOOK IT UP OR FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF... (it involves temperature, gravity and a few basic tools)

If you want to mix your own paint, all you need are the basic colors, but a lot of white and black if you plan on mixing different shades (MOST LIKELY)... Cause basic colors are just too basic... lol

Do you have any contact info for your friend? I'd like to ask him about it. If not I'll just google it, but I've heard of mixing your own paint for mops before, but never for aerosol.  

Razor_Fluff

SADERR
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:39 am
**Never thought to mention this. I think I did in another topic:

Because paint cannot be recycled into anything but more paint, most recycling plants have a place where you can bring in your used paint.
So, check at your local dump, there's probably a chemical section where you can just go in, grab some and leave.

The one near me has spraypaint and bucket paint (plenty more bucket paint though). But I've heard some not having spray paint. Either way, I still suggest everyone goes and gets free roller paint instead of investing in it, unless it's for something serious and you need a certain colour.

Warnings? You might not be able to get it if you're under 18m and almost ALL the spray paint there is ALWAYS s**t brands. On ONE occasion I found Painter's Touch, and on a few I got some Krylon. But it's usually just s**t brands. But anything works for some bombs, even if it's not suggestable for piecing.

FREE PAINT IS FREE PAINT. END OF STORY. cool  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:08 am
Jonathonn
**Never thought to mention this. I think I did in another topic:

Because paint cannot be recycled into anything but more paint, most recycling plants have a place where you can bring in your used paint.
So, check at your local dump, there's probably a chemical section where you can just go in, grab some and leave.

The one near me has spraypaint and bucket paint (plenty more bucket paint though). But I've heard some not having spray paint. Either way, I still suggest everyone goes and gets free roller paint instead of investing in it, unless it's for something serious and you need a certain colour.

Warnings? You might not be able to get it if you're under 18m and almost ALL the spray paint there is ALWAYS s**t brands. On ONE occasion I found Painter's Touch, and on a few I got some Krylon. But it's usually just s**t brands. But anything works for some bombs, even if it's not suggestable for piecing.

FREE PAINT IS FREE PAINT. END OF STORY. cool

you've mention this before... cool  

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25

SOEP ONE
Crew

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • nuGen Staff 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:10 am
Razor_Fluff
SOEP ONE

Do you have any contact info for your friend? I'd like to ask him about it. If not I'll just google it, but I've heard of mixing your own paint for mops before, but never for aerosol.

I definitely can't go giving out contact info like that... sorry... but it's possible, just use your wits... or google, or youtube, or whatever resources you can find...  
Resources, Guides, and Tutorials

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff