Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
New here <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Santuaria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:13 pm
Topic..pretty much says most, I got invited here by penguin. (thanks, by the way.)

So...here's my story. I'm not super overweight, in my opinion...well. Okay. I'm about 25-30 pounds more than I should be.

I'm 5'7'' and 185. I used to go to the gym (recently stopped about half a year ago and had only been doing it about three or four months)

I was doing well, I suppose, I was gaining muscle and firming up a little but I felt like I wasn't getting anywhere. I'd drag myself in, run for about 15 minutes and then the rest would be working my muscles, I mostly used machines and got to the point where I could easily curl 30 pounds.

But I haven't lost any weight. The whole time I was there, I was the same. I didn't slim down, and now I'm at a loss as to what to do. I try changing my diet, ( I eat out too much..) but my dad isn't helping, so I always just go back to my normal habits.

I really want to lose weight to feel good about myself. I have no confidence as I am, and I want to be attractive for someone else, too, and feel comfortable in a relationship, which I never do.

Anyway, thanks for having me~  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:47 pm
What sorts of things are you eating? Try checking out the portions that you should be eating and compare it to what you're eating. Start measuring the food you eat. What you see and think is one cup may be a lot more.  

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:42 pm
(You're welcome :'D)

I know I know!! You weren't doing enough cardio! Don't get me wrong, building muscle with weights is GREAT for your body and health, and it even makes you burn fat faster when you do cardio exercise. But for major fat loss, you need more cardio. What is cardio? Anything that gets your heart rate up. Running, biking, playing DDR, swimming, pretty much anything that takes effort and makes you tired. 30 minutes of cardio every single day will work wonders. (You don't have to cap it at 30, though; the more the better!)

As for eating healthier, a great place to start is cutting out soda. 3nodding But pretty much doing the obvious (eating more vegetables and less fatty/junk foods) is all you need to do for weight loss results.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:07 pm
I just joined today.
:]
Nice to meet someone else!

What was your heart rate while excercising?
What was you caloric intake compared to your should be intake?

Immo post my story soon...

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100

Euthanasia Phase

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:09 pm
I'm new also (joined today). Good luck with your weight loss! I'm currently counting weight watchers points to make sure I don't overeat, and it's working (it has in the past, but I gained it back). The other posters are definitely right about the cardio, and depending on your age your heart rate should be between 140 and 165 when exercising (that range if you're 21, anyway).  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games