Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Feeling like you're the fattest person in the room

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roslin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:02 am
So I have lost 72 pounds to date and have shrunk 4 jean sizes this past year and I know that I am still a little overweight but I look pretty average. I know that I am no longer even in contention for fattest girl on campus or in almost any given room.

So having that logic I realized this week that, even though I am much more confident than I used to be, I am still very insecure around other women. You see, I've been rushing sororities at my college this week which might just add to this insecurity of "will they like me" but I look at the other women and think "they're so much thinner than me" even if I know I look better. Then there is always the "they have no idea what I used to look like, they probably still find me grotesque!" And I don't want to lead into conversations about my weight loss because I know I can talk forever about it and for some reason I just don't think it will leave a good impression.

It's all so illogical; I know that these girls will not dislike me because I used to be fat, and just from seeing some girls in the sororities I am sure they would still have an open mind to me even if I was more overweight. But just something about it makes me nervous.

I kind of wonder if this insecurity is what maybe got me to my highest weight of 240 pounds to begin with. I'm glad I'm at least acknowledging it this time and am not turning to food.

Does anyone else have these kinds of feelings?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 am
Yes, I used to be very overweight. I am very comfortable now, and I am comfortable with people seeing pictures of it, however, I know for a definate I would not get the same treatment from people if I was still overweight. They tend to act different.  

vanilla_bean_frappichino

+[Teh Amish Kotex Fairy]+

11,575 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 pm
I feel this half of the time. At school I realize that half of the school is 20438 fatter than I am, but when I hang out with my friends, I have the most flab.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 am
everyone im around is like a size 4 at most. thats how my college campus is.i feel so big next to everyone.even when i reach my goal ill still be bigger than them.so its a lose-lose situation. but im still going to give it a go.

i try watching those health channels of the people who are like 800 or so pounds which makes me feel a bit better.  

BitterFantasy

en-pointe off-balance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:22 am
My family's mostly heavier than me on my mom's side. So when I'm with family I feel pretty confident. With my friends, I'm ok, unless we're doing something athletic, then I lag behind and get embarrassed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:02 pm
BitterFantasy
everyone im around is like a size 4 at most. thats how my college campus is.i feel so big next to everyone.even when i reach my goal ill still be bigger than them.so its a lose-lose situation. but im still going to give it a go.

i try watching those health channels of the people who are like 800 or so pounds which makes me feel a bit better.

That's how my college campus is as well. Sometimes people will give me a weird look for my size, and I'm not even obese. And at my height and shape, I don't anticipate ever being a size 4.  

Euthanasia Phase

I Am Smartie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:23 am
I have a very small group of friends, but they're all thin to slim, except one of my new friends who eats well and exercises way more than me... but I think she's been cursed. sad

At my heaviest I was almost overweight, but my school only had like 10 obese students out of 1000, so I was still one of the chubbiest/fattest girls.

I think being overweight is bad here because obesity is quite rare in my town. I can go a week without seeing anyone obese.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games