Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Nymphies Weight Loss thread!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nymphiedora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:59 am
I know the title is REALLY boring >.> Its almost 3am so my creativity is shot. I'll think up something better tomorrow.

Hi! I'm Nymphie smile I'm 23 yrs old. I'm a student at the University of Nevada Las Vegas. I've decided I want to lose weight because I'm tired of it being so hard to find clothes that actually fit in all my favorite stores sad I'm fine with my looks but not with my trouble shopping! Also I'm pretty sure losing a bit of weight wouldnt hurt me health- or look-wise XD

I'm currently 5'8, 200lbs. I'd like to get down to 170 by my family's 4th of July party, which would mean 1.5lbs a week.

My problem is I eat a lot of crap sad I eat fast food several times a week (sometimes multiple times a day) and drink sooo much soda. I also dont eat regularly. I like to sleep late so I miss breakfast almost every morning, then I eat lunch late, then I miss dinner and so I get fast food for dinner around 8pm. Its just bad XD

I live on campus and all I'm allowed in my room is a microwave so cooking healthy isnt really an option. I have to eat when my school says to eat and what they give me.

So my goal is to start eating regularly, and especially to eat breakfast every day. Also to eat a serving of fruit each day because that is something I rarely eat. I'm very good with veggies, those arent an issue. I also plan to cut my soda down to only having it at one meal. I managed to cut out soda entirely for 6 weeks last semester, but then I started freaking out over never drinking soda again and the word NEVER is not a word I'm comfortable with XD If I cut down and dont FORCE myself to stop for good I think it will turn out better.

I also planning on cutting out fast food. I need to start going to the store to buy food when I miss meals on campus (because of my weekend job I always miss dinner on Saturdays and Sundays).

And then there is exercise smile I plan on walking. I lost 20lbs last spring because I went abroad and walked EVERYWHERE, so I know walking is really good for me. I just need to pick up the pace and turn my lazy strolls into brisk walks.

Its actually really stupid how I gained those 20lbs back XD Last semester I was never hungry at meal times so I would barely eat, and then I would be STARVING the rest of the day. So instead of being smart and getting healthy snacks I would always eat one (sometimes two) pieces of cake at every meal and try my hardest to fill myself up so I wouldnt be hungry later. I still got hungry later so it didnt work, and when I went to the doctor over Christmas break and got weighed I had gained all that weight back. Also it didnt help that I had no job and only 2 days of class so I laid in bed and watched tv half the day almost every day XD This semester I will use my brain, lol.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 am
Hey, never mind the title. I like that you've written an intro.
It totally understand how easy it is to slip into unhealthy and lazy habits- I did it ALL the time last year, and now I'm struggling with turning it around. A lot of people do it.

What's good, I think, is that you've realised what's caused you to go wrong in the past.

And yeah, cutting out soda is freakin' hard.

And I've lsot, and the re-gained 15kg before... so I sort of know that feeling. But it wasn't until recently that I actually thought enough into how I did that.

Anyway, it's fantastic that you have set goals, and that you're starting a journal.

What do you study at Uni, if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway, BEST of luck, and I look forward to reading your journal.  

United Paper People

Nymphiedora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:23 am

I'm majoring in German smile I dont know any yet, its my first semester taking it. I was doing hospitality, but then I decided to spend next year studying abroad in Germany (SO EXCITED biggrin ) and found out when I come back I can either take 7 more classes and get a German degree, or 21 more classes, plus a 3 month internship, plus 1000hours work experience to get my hospitality degree XD Seeing how I've already been in school for 4 years, and both degrees would work for my desired career (inernational tourism) I decided to go for the one that would cost me $60,000 less in student loans XD

I figured at first when I gained it back it was just because I was back in the States in my old routine so it made sense. It was until recently that I actually thought about it. Being in the US isnt a good excuse to gain weight so I'll have to fix that. XD

Being active and healthy is sooo much easier when you have something to do. Like a job and 4 days of classes a week, lol.

Anyways this week is a bad week for me to start my journal but oh well~ Today is a bad day to start! I mean to cut out starbucks too but I'm pulling an all nighter because I'm procrastinating on school work eek Which is why I'm rambling so much (and probably spelling pretty bad, lol, no sleep does that) right now! So I'm going to get a fat-loaded venti something and chocolate muffin and take my exam and turn in my take home essay and then sleep allday and miss meals and be hungry at bad hours and no exercise because I will be sleeping XD Oh well its not that bad. This is the first all-nighter I've pulled in about 3 years so its not a common occurance, thank goodness.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:56 am

Turns out what I normally get at starbucks each morning is 1000cal O__O

I looked up my BMR, its 1,736.5. So I should plan to eat no more than that, right? Becuase thats the weight I'll lose automatically?

REALLY useful, my school website has a calculator that shows you how many calories are in each item! My school uses sodexho, so its regulated. So instead of getting a 400cal muffin and 600cal frappachino at Starbucks I could get a 100cal waffle in the dining commons and 90cal latte at starbucks. And the waffle is free biggrin I thought counting calories would be annoying but this is fun! Probably only bc its 7am and I'm still procrastinating though rofl

Nymphiedora

Nymphiedora

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:32 pm
Tuesday, Feburary 16, 2010

Venti Skinny Iced Latte

Reduced Fat Berry Coffe Cake

Porkchop

Baked Potato

Fruit Salad

3 Chicken Selects

Honey Mustard Saunce

Medium Fries

Medium Diet Coke

Apple Juice

Total:1890

Exercise: None sad

Thoughts: Just over my BMR sad Today was a waste XD Up all night, then slept all day until my 4hr night class. And now its back to bed because I'm sleeeeeepy. Tuesdays are my bad day of the week this semester.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:51 am
Hello and welcome to the guild! I'm Stars, if you need anything don't ever hesitate to stop by my journal or drop me a PM.
Also, I think you'll have fun as a German major! I took 2 semesters of it and loved it! (I would definitely keep going with it - but I need to keep my GPA up so I can't risk the foreign language -_- I wish though). I also studied abroad for 4 weeks in Vienna, Austria. I just love the Germanic culture, it's great. :D
We have a lot in common! I read "A Brave New World" a few years ago, I really liked it actually. If you let me know what kind of things you like to read I can suggest a few pieces of literature for you (I'm an English Lit major!).

I really hope you like it here and find the support you need! Best of luck with everything! :D

-Stars

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas