Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Skeleton/Skeletoff: A Journal (-15lbs) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

skeletoff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:05 am
Stars in my Pocket
I hope you feel better! ;_; If the pain persists please do go to the doctor! It's already lasted quite a while.. ): Just don't hesitate to see a professional please please. <3 I hope it gets better on its own though. C:

thank you so much! we have a medical bulding on campus and i bought insurance so I would have gone, but I'm feeling much better today :3 yay! if it comes back though i will definitely make an appointment!

i listed my log today in my notebook but am too tired to go get it and post it now, so I will post it tomorrow. (got back from class at 10 30-ish and have been doing homework 'til now [3 am here] but I'm done biggrin )  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:26 pm
Day: 07

Date: Feb. 16th, 2010
Mood: don't remember? haha.
Weight: ?
Calorie Log:
breakfast:
2 slices whole wheat bread - 130
1 can tuna - 120
3 slices tomato - 5
1 glass milk - 90
dinner:
1 hotdog weenie - 149
rice with veggies; <1 cup - 200
shredded carrots; <1 cup - 10
2 glasses tea (sweetened) - 30
banana - 100
snack:
traditional flavor chex mix <1 cup (finished what was left) - 80
cereal - 160
18 crackers - 320
TOTAL 1514
Exercise: when do i have time to go??? had night class
Reflections:
I have GOT to stop eating before bed. You know, what it is is that I wake up too late in the morning to make breakfast before work, and then I run to everything, thus forgetting/not having time to eat anything until AFTER work, which is 2 at the earliest, which is already past lunch time. I have to work harder on my sleeping habits. Like now! It's 2 AM and I'm still up! Gosh, night time is awful. My body is tired but my mind races and I toss and turn allllll night. And I was up 'til 3am after my night class to finish homework for Tuesday. Arrrrrrrrrrgh.

Day: 08

Date: Feb. 17th, 2010
Mood: sleepy!
Calorie Log:
breakfast:
bagel with cream cheese. mmmm. - 324
tea (sweetened) - 15
dinner:
pan fried fish (1 small piece) - 100
1 hot dog weenie - 149
shredded carrots; <1 cup - 10
2 glasses tea (sweetened) - 30
tomato; 4 largeish slices - 15
lettuce - 5
rice with beans - 250
snack:
2 grapefruits (YUMM) - 40
tea with sugar - 15
18 crackers - 320
TOTAL 1273
Exercise: when do i have time to go??? had night class again!
Reflections:
Something has got to give! I so thought today I would have a good calorie count but I'm not at my BMR or even that close to it! I don't try to undereat! D: It just so happens that all the delicious things I'm craving are like 20 calories each! Like the grapefruit! I totally pigged out on them while watching Gilmore Girls and this other foreign TV show after class and what?? 40 calories! They were so juicy and delicious and yuuuuuuum. I painted one for class last night and it made me crave it so bad ALL DAY and I couldn't wait to just go back to my dorm, kick back after the long day (had class 'til 10pm today) and eat some sweet, juicy grapefruit while watching TV on my computer. And I ate so much during dinner, too. Or so I thought when my stomach felt like exploding -_- AND Lent starts tomorrow so no meat. Where am I going to get my calories??? I will have to eat all carbs! But that's so bad for you D: I'm in a pickle. Why was I ever overweight??? I eat like a frigging bird. It was those sweets! I binged on them without even thinking and now that I've stopped eating them, I end up undereating. I have really been trying so hard to eat more ever since I found out I was eating way too little. I even started to munch on crackers to fill in the gaps. The thing is that I get full very very easily. And you know what? Ever since I gave up sweets I have been feeling better. My stomach is getting flatter and I'm not as bloated all the time, I don't get stomach aches from overeating, and my teeth are even visibly whiter! I have been smiling at myself in the mirror whenever I go to the bathroom lately. It's just slowly but surely getting better for me. My pants fit looser. I'm starting to finally see a difference now that I took charge of what's going into my body. But now I hear that it may all come to a halt because I'm eating too little?? What do I do to stop that?? I can't force food down my throat. I'm going to really try to get my sleeping habits into order for once. Then maybe I'll be able to have more time for preparing breakfasts and snacks to take with me throughout the day. I just don't want this to go away, when I'm finally starting to see results.
Anyway, I guess that's my rant for tonight. See, I'm actually hungry now but it's way too late to eat. I feel like I'm unvoluntarily starving myself.
I'll update tomorrow.

skeletoff

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:27 am
I read your post for yesterday and as far as eating too little, you definitely want to be sure you're eating enough calories. And I see your frustration because you're eating very healthy food so there aren't too many calories. If you're giving up meat (even fish? or what?) eat a lot of beans and other protein-rich foods.
You're doing well though, don't stress yourself out about too few calories - just be sure you're eating throughout the day. :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:32 pm
Day: 09

Date: feb 19
Mood: ok
Calorie Log:
breakfast:
bagel - 250
cheese x2.5 - 150
milk - 90
snack:
cereal - 160
dinner:
mushroom risotto - 270
curly fries - 275
spinach - 15
assorted vaggies - 100
shredded carrots - 10
tea - 15
after dinner:
hot tea - 15
dry cereal - 110
melted cheese panino - 190
TOTAL 1650
Exercise:
Reflections:

Day: 10

Date: feb 20
Mood:
Weight:
Calorie Log:
pancakes - 500
3 apples (cut into the mix) - 195
milk - 180
TOTAL 875
Exercise: /
Reflections:
Today was a weird day. Found out that yesterday a boy in my dorm buildings committed suicide. Do not have apetite. Forced myself to eat. Also found out my Grandmother is in the hospital. Going to watch a movie and fall asleep in front of it. I don't know what else to do.

skeletoff

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 am
Wow I'm really sorry to hear about that person in your dorm. ): I don't blame you for not being able to eat. Are you alright?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:27 pm
Yeah, I'm ok. Thanks

Journal will not be updated every day because I don't have time to go online or list everything all the time, but I am writing my logs down in my notebook.  

skeletoff

skeletoff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:55 am
Haven't updated in a while - things have been very very busy at school. I finally weighed myself, and I LOST 15 LBS! I knew I lost something, but I had no idea 15lbs was possible in less than 2 months????????????????????????????????????????? And I'm eating healthy, so it's not like I'm starving myself O_o I still keep a food/calorie log in a notebook, and I go usually between 1400 and 1650/day. (I have decided to not post my logs here daily because I just don't have time for that right now. Maybe over the summer I will have more time.)

ANYWAY, I feel totally well, body-wise. I went shopping for some new things and I got a few shirts and a dress, and got them all a size smaller than before, and they all fit like a glove <3 I can actually show my stomach without being embarrassed now.

My BMI has gone from 26.2 to 23.9. (from 170 to 155lbs.)

This is really weird. I have never felt thin before O_o.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 am
I miss hearing from you. ;o; I get worried.
<3

I'm so glad to hear about your progress, please keep us updated! :D

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

skeletoff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:40 pm
Stars in my Pocket
I miss hearing from you. ;o; I get worried.
<3

I'm so glad to hear about your progress, please keep us updated! :D

Aw, thanks!

If I don't update it more likely than not means that I just have too much to do for school to get on the computer, so don't worry! lol

thanks!!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:50 am
I find generally 1200-1400 is a good range for myself when it comes to losing weight.

1200 is not too little IMO, unless you are working out hard as well, in which case closer to 1600 would definitely better.

Sparkpeople.com is a good site for calculating how many calories you should be getting in a day, and you can also use it to track other nutrients like iron, calcium, etc

15lbs in under 2months is fairly quick though,
if you lost that much eating higher amounts of calories then for sure don't cut back to 1200.

Generally doctors recommend a weight loss of about 8lbs a month to be a healthy max.

Ps, you are a champ. Keep at it.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out