7,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

ObsidianWolfX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 am
Youn Flo
Gambit and Colossus were my favorites. I thought Jubilee was useless stare

That series has a lot to answer for in that respect.

Jubilee in the comics was not useless until folks who grew up watching that cartoon started writing for the comic books.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:28 pm
That's sad. They should have drawn from the comics, not the cartoon. The cartoon is how I was introduced to the X-Men, though. Gambit was my fave, and though he was only in two episodes, I absolutely LOVED Nightcrawler. Having such faith, and it being allowed on TV, inspired me. To bad they were forced to leave that out in the more recent versions.
It had such controversial storylines compared to the types we see now. I missed seeing the later seasons and was astounded when I found out how long the series lasted. It was a pleasant surprise for me.
What was your favorite Arc? Mine was Asteroid M. Well, one of them, anyway.  

MystrousOfTheDark

ObsidianWolfX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:18 pm
MystrousOfTheDark
That's sad. They should have drawn from the comics, not the cartoon. The cartoon is how I was introduced to the X-Men, though. Gambit was my fave, and though he was only in two episodes, I absolutely LOVED Nightcrawler. Having such faith, and it being allowed on TV, inspired me. To bad they were forced to leave that out in the more recent versions.
It had such controversial storylines compared to the types we see now. I missed seeing the later seasons and was astounded when I found out how long the series lasted. It was a pleasant surprise for me.
What was your favorite Arc? Mine was Asteroid M. Well, one of them, anyway.

I think X-TAS really started off with a bang Night of the sentinels and the first Genosha storyarc were really well done. The show suffered more as it failed tried to adapt comic arcs that could never really be done on a Saturday morning cartoon.

The show also outright got things wrong from the comics even when censors wouldn't have been an issue. In alot of ways it is no more accurate than Wolverine and the X-men or X-men evolution it just superficially looks more accurate.

More modern versions of Nightcrawler not being as religious has a to do with different network standards. Kids WB for instance didn't any overt religious references. It's why Beast in Evolution quoting from the Bible was downplayed with Xavier not recognizing the quote and Kitty being jewish was left to just lighting a Menorah during a montage.

Kids WB also had issues with any threats of actual death or words that mean death. It's why Apocalypse horsement went unnamed though it's pretty easy to guess. Magneto(WAr) Xavier (Death) Mystique (Pestilence) and Storm (Famine)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:25 pm
Gambit for the ******** win.  

S Y T H R ii L
Crew

Crystalmoons13

Aged Creature

13,375 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:06 am
it still comes on just realy late at night on disney xd and nightcrawler and beast will always b my faves  
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:30 pm
i've been re-reading all my X-Men old comics lately(summer haha). i miss this show. Gambit heart Rogue  

magdo

the guild of old cartoons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff