• Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:54 pm
Hester Peche
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche
I don't think it's a good idea...

It seems like it would encourage pregnancy to younger members. But, then again, that's just my opinion.

Hmm, I haven't thought of that. This is very true. Seeing as how a good portion of Gaia is made up of younger teens. They're very impressionable at that age.

Yeah, I mean yeah it's a cute idea but... I don't like it when stuff like that is glamourized...
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

It's not really "glamorized" or anything on here.
Just because teens see it, doesn't mean they're stupid enough to g out and have a baby. I mean, the ones who are stuid enough to get pregnant just because they see it on here, would be stupid enough to go and get pregnant for any other reason. My mother had two kids before she was 19 and she didn't do it because she saw it somewhere or thought it was the "cool thing" to do.
You're really underestimating kids today.

Like I said, the ones who are stupid enough to do it because they think it's okay here, are the ones who are stupid enough to do it for any other reason.

I mean, I always would have loved it just because the avi's would have been cute with that big belly just because they're so tiny.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:00 am
I think thats cool too!  

xjewiex

PrincessEv

Magical Hobo

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:32 pm
If they made the Fatty item available for females, then they'd look somewhat preggers.
I'm still waiting for them to unisex that item, but they might not for that very reason.

When I was younger, I wanted the hair/make-up/sometimes clothes of stars, but I never...did a lot of the stuff they did. I don't party, for example. My parents did a good job raising me and teaching me right from wrong, to be careful...
...if an item like this came out on Gaia, I'd think the users (for the most part) should be mature enough to handle it. Afterall, aren't kids having sex ed. between 8-15 years old? I remember being taught it REALLY early on because girls were getting their periods at like...8.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:25 am
If they made a baby bump item I would be more than willing to get it. This site has more than enough questionable items and surely a baby bump would be quite innocent compared to some others.

Roesor nau Venorsh

Anko Habanero

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:10 am
+Anko says:
User ImageThis is something you'll never see on gaia. I'm gonna stay away from the more controversial debate and more to the technical. Unless it's going to be a very specific item such as a top or full body piece, any modifications to the stomach region wouldn't be visible in any piece of clothing. The developers are not going to go through every item to modify them to show that a avi is preggers. This is proven with all of the other modified bodies (see tektek) that gaia has released for events and items that modify the original form. Unless you're going to dress very tacky with a tops that don't cover the belly to show, it's not a very appealing ideal when you really start thinking about it. I mean... unless you want some very specific item which would either be a top or full body item.

If they do that, then I want my condom item to go along with it to. People have sex, doesn't mean they can't be safe and proud about it, right?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:20 am
Then I propose they at least create an item like the Wingding that shows off the female belly rather than the breasts as the sole focus.  

Silence and Sorrow

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:08 am

I could see this happening as part of a themed EI, but as Anko said, it would HAVE to be a full top or full body item. The devs and artists just wouldn't have time to go back and modify everything existing to fit on the bump. Look at how long it took them to give us unisex clothing D:

As for whether or not Gaia would make it? I'm sure they would if they had an opportunity- they've done raunchier things, just look at Sundae Sweets as an example. Or the Box Of Totally Innocent Objects.

From a practicality standpoint though, I'm not too sure that they'd tackle any kind of project that would have it involved.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:11 pm
Rei Uchikino
Hester Peche
I don't think it's a good idea...

It seems like it would encourage pregnancy to younger members. But, then again, that's just my opinion.

Hmm, I haven't thought of that. This is very true. Seeing as how a good portion of Gaia is made up of younger teens. They're very impressionable at that age.

Just have them watch a women giving birth, we seen part of it in health class this year, or tell them stories about what they would go through if they were pregnant (doesnt have to be all the bad stuff, enough to make them not want to) i wasnt planning on having kids before in my life, after the video and a few stories about women giving birth, i decided im definatly never having kids sweatdrop  

Vanna1994

Rainbow Hunter

30,075 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Threadmaster 200

NocturnalPoemIX

6,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:15 pm
I honestly love the idea. If they did that, I think a lot of females who are expecting would want one. I know I would, but I'm only 15! No babies for me!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:27 pm
Hester Peche
Entei-Chan
Ohhh and there's this girl in my grade(she doesn't go to my school anymore, thankfully)who had a kid last March, I believe. Something like that.
Did I mention we're in 8th grade? neutral

Holy crap...that's insane.

I just read an article about a 9 year-old who gave birth in China.

i heard about the 9 year old too but i didnt belive it...and one girl in my grade wants to get prego at age 16 so she can be on that tv 16 and pregnant or something like that(i dont care to watch it ) and she told me that in 7th grade (im in 8th now =D)  

XxDiscoxDinoxX

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:38 pm
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

I just can't see why they won't do that, but they'll put out all this slutty stuff and whatnot. Which...is kinda dumb. They don't want teens thinking it's okay to be pregnant, but...it's apparently okay to dress like a slut? Oh, but it's a fantasy avatar, no one's actually gonna dress like that!
Anyway, like I said before, the people who would get pregnant because they saw it on here, are the ones who would get pregnant because they saw it anywhere else. Gaia is not going to make it "cool" to be pregnant, apparently Twilight already did that stare

User ImageUser Image
...so she told me to be the fool with a dream...

23. ✿ - - - Gaia Community & Tektek

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff