Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
◄◄◄Journey To Optimum Weight►►► Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Think I can make it?
  Yes! GO!
  Maybe. That's a significant amount of extra poundage though...
  No. D< You fail, fatty.
View Results

Izuria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:55 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
2/1/2010 to --- 2/7/2010
SUMMARY

Current Weight
TBA

Pounds Lost
TBA

Time Spent Exercising
x Minutes Running @ 5.6mph
x Minutes Walking @ 3mph

Total Miles

TBA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:02 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
Monday
2/1/2010

Day One

Izuria

Izuria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:03 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
Tuesday
2/2/2010

Day Two

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:04 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
Wednesday
2/3/2010

Day Three

Izuria

Izuria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
Thursday
2/4/2010

Day Four

Not feeling well at all today.

I'm weak and sore all over, especially in the chest, shoulders and lower abdomen. It might be one of those 24 hour sicknesses that crop up once in a while. I don't feel hot anymore, though I do feel awfully tired. Unfortunately I will not be getting my workouts in. I've been thinking hard on this matter since last night and I think that, of all I've put myself through in the last few days after being inactive for so long, I need a little break.

I've gotten plenty of rest. Mostly I've been in the bedroom with the cats or on the couch, watching shows. I did my chores. I forgot to take the vitamin. It's so late now I'd rather wait until tomorrow anyway.

My companion brought me cookies, ice cream and a Rockstar. Dear GOD. The energy drink is fine. I've come to enjoy several of its flavors. The ice cream, as bad as it is, I requested of him last night. Though it's loaded with calories, ice cream has never seemed to affect the number on the scale, unless I eat a whole lot within a week or two. But one little pint of Ben&Jerry's? Nah. There's no danger in that seeing as how I can't afford it very often. I feel awful having asked for it but I really need it. So many days without chocolate or sweet things is driving me absolutely nuts. Just a few hours ago while I was waiting for him to come home I started tearing through the kitchen, looking for anything that would take the edge off this persistent sugary obsession. There was a little can of sprinkles in the cupboard above the coffee pot. I seriously stood there staring at it for minutes, debating on whether or not I wanted to chew on them. When I realized what I was doing I was able to turn away. I had a conversation with myself then. How desperate can I get? Eating effing sprinkles? No. I will not go there, and I'm glad I didn't have to.

Earlier today I had veggies, cheese and 100% fruit bites. A little while ago I had some of my companion's pizza sub. He brought home a foot long and I had half of one of the 6-inch sections. I was trying not to touch the cookies at all. I had 2 though. They came from his work. I only had about a third of the ice cream. That's really great for me, considering I can eat a whole pint of Ben&Jerry's in one sitting. It may take me an hour, but honestly, I usually don't get up until it's gone. Now that it's back in the freezer I don't even have the urge to finish it off. Some for tomorrow. Yay!

My greatest concerns right now are the calories I'm eating and the possibility that this weakness won't be gone by morning. I sure picked the wrong day to abolish my cravings. I can't burn off the extra calories. I may not be able to tomorrow either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:06 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
Friday
2/5/2010

Day Five

Today I feel fantastic.

After letting my body rest for a day I'm noticing how much easier it is to handle the physical demands I've put on myself.

The first workout was exhilarating. With the new music my focus was considerably sharpened. I didn't have to take a break. In fact, I wanted to extend the workout and burn off another hundred calories, but I didn't for fear that I might tire too much to complete my routine.

The second workout ended with an issue I've managed to forget about. During the second 5 minutes of running my right knee started acting up. It was mild as far as episodes go, but the fact that it's being affected at all is concerning. A year and a half ago, the knee was mysteriously injured. I went to my doctor and she told me it was a strong possibility that I'd torn the meniscus. A series of soft tissue x-rays revealed there was water building up in the knee. The MRI that followed yielded no results, however, and after that I couldn't afford another visit. I still can't, so I have no idea what the problem is, and clearly it still exists. I might need to find my dad's pressure brace just in case I need it. It slows me down but greatly lessens the shock. Despite this, I felt just as energized and willing to extend the workout, but I again reigned myself in.

The third workout was a bit of a strain but executed with much more ease than the sessions towards the beginning of this week.

I caved and finished the cookies. I really don't want to touch the ice cream in the same day. I also want to save the Rockstar for another day. I remembered the multivitamin. Maybe more pea soup for dinner. My body seems to handle it well.

Izuria

Izuria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:07 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
Saturday
2/6/2010

Day Six
TBA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:08 pm
◄◄◄WEEK ONE►►►
Sunday
2/7/2010