Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
To date, or not to date?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Captain State The Obvious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:47 pm
I'm in middle school. George is going out with Sue, Sally is going out with Bill, you get the picture. I haven't brought up the subject with my mom because, well, quiet frankly, it's embaressing! One of my best friends asked me out a while ago before Winter Break started. I kindly rejected.
My other friend already has a girlfriend. I had asked him a while ago why he was so mean to me last year when I first moved. He said "Because I liked you, and I still sorta do." Not only was that a shock to me, but it made my heart flutter a bit. I confessed to him that I like him later that week. (Over text of course! XP) I was scared that I might've pushed him away, but we're now closer then ever. He said that if for some bizzaro reason, he breaks up with his girlfriend, he'll ask me out.
Here's the issues.
I'm not a big fan of dating at a yound age, but he seems like a winner. And if my mom found out, OOH WOULD I GET IT.
So I'm stuck in the middle of things.
Advice? Opinions? Other stories that relate?
~Luffles~
Mia  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:15 pm
Ooh... Sounds like my mom there. I would say the first thing on my mind would be:

Awww~ heart heart I feel so happy for you!

My second thought would be:

Yeah, parents are killers at this sorta thing. Maybe you should try asking really jokingly to your mom "Hey, it would be really different for me to have a boyfriend, right? But it would be kinda great, you know..." Just leave hints that you want your mom to not put giant barriers over your life.  

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Captain State The Obvious

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:16 pm
SandWhisker
Ooh... Sounds like my mom there. I would say the first thing on my mind would be:

Awww~ heart heart I feel so happy for you!

My second thought would be:

Yeah, parents are killers at this sorta thing. Maybe you should try asking really jokingly to your mom "Hey, it would be really different for me to have a boyfriend, right? But it would be kinda great, you know..." Just leave hints that you want your mom to not put giant barriers over your life.

Lol! XD I'm not all that eager to date, It's just that a good portion of the people at my school haved dated/are dating. They don't outcast me becasue I haven't dated anyone, it makes me feel kinda left out. I told (the guy I confessed to) that I don't want to date till I'm 15/16. He seemed surprised. He also said "even if I asked?", I told him nope, I'm going to wait. It's not that my mom is against dating, it's just because she (probably) wants me to wait till I'm older, so I don't go do anything crazy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:42 pm
Sounds like a good idea there girl! *props*  

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers