Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
Should I Do It? What do you think? A Valentine's Day Plung.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felicitystar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:42 pm
Sooooo...I'm thinking about taking a plung here...

Well let me just spit it out. I'm thinking about giving my boyfriend a promise ring for Valentine's day.

I know I know...Some people think promise rings are stupid and that engagement rings should be it. But we're not ready for that so I thought a promise ring would be nice...I think it be more then just a "I'm going to marry you some day" ring but more of a "I want a future with you" ring...Does this sound confusing?

Like a I just want to be with you through thick and thin...and I want to love you forever kind of thing.

We've been dating for a little over two years but it feels like so much longer due to we've been attached at the hip the whole time. He lived with me at my mom's house for like several months and then we've been living in our own apartment for a full year this February.

We never seen to have big fights but rather snip and snap at each other. We've talked about getting married, kids, and the whole sha bag before...He means the world to me.

Well I guess the question is...Should I do it? I mean it's odd for a woman to give the man a ring but it's not bad to break tradition. Do you think it's too early and I should wait at 3 years because I know 2 years isn't that long...Also I'm not even sure how he'll take it. I mean he would like to get married but I guess it's a guy thing but the thought kind of scares him. He jokes about not getting married until he's like 51! LOL But it's a promise ring. I don't want to get married right now. I'm in no rush. I rather wait until I'm at least 25. I'm 20, turning 21 in July, by the way and he just turned 22 a few days ago.

So...what do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:14 pm
Wow...really? No one has any say?

Felicitystar

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:18 pm
Hmm...I've thought about similar things with my boyfriend.

Until he explained something very interesting to me. Men don't want to feel shackled, and a ring to them is like a handcuffs, tied to a huge cartoon-esqe weight. (That's how it was explained to me)

If you love your boyfriend and he loves you there shouldn't have to be a promise ring. Just being together is that promise of a life together.

But, if you really want to do and you feel it's what's best then go for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:44 pm
Hester Peche
Hmm...I've thought about similar things with my boyfriend.

Until he explained something very interesting to me. Men don't want to feel shackled, and a ring to them is like a handcuffs, tied to a huge cartoon-esqe weight. (That's how it was explained to me)

If you love your boyfriend and he loves you there shouldn't have to be a promise ring. Just being together is that promise of a life together.

But, if you really want to do and you feel it's what's best then go for it.

That's a good point....

I'm also nervous about giving him one because...he gave his previous girlfriend a promise ring...Obviously things didn't work out...

Felicitystar

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:16 am
Stereotypically women embrace commitments but men fear them. He might not like it. Besides, it obviously sounds like you two are very committed to each other already, so is a gift that promises commitment really necessary? Plus, its jewelry. Does your boyfriend like to wear rings, or he is going to feel obligated to wear it to spare your feelings? If you really really think he would like it, then go ahead. I don't know what your boyfriend is like. But its not something I'd do.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games