Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Have you ever... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

perryunicornboy

Devoted Healer

10,350 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:19 pm
Um pretty much the only reason I watch anything...honestly I'm sad when the albasta arc ended in one piece cause i like to slash Chaka and Pell but so far only those two...luffy is not slashable in my opinion and after the fiasco with sasuke (jeeeerk!) I've decided I'm never slashing two people who obviously don't like each other ever again..sorta..Sai and Naruto did pop into my head I couldn't help that one..but in my defense Sai doesn't hate Naruto lol so its ok then  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:10 pm
Lady Gyrfalcon

Well, I wouldn't worry about it sounding bad - so far as I'm concerned so long as someone's doing go, it doesn't matter why.
The thing that I can't stand is fangirls saying they support gay rights or something and then turning around and saying something ridiculous like "but only cute guys" or "but eww, lesbians!"
Maybe I'm a little bit hard on people, but seriously... Put one's money where one's mouth is.

Haha, well, as with fandoms, I stay with [the gym/politics] because I like them for other reasons too. Slash was just the introduction.
Oh god I hate that too.

Also, I had no interest in seeing Inception before reading some Arthur/Eames fanfic. Now I'm going to see it some time this week.  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:09 pm
Sieffre
Lady Gyrfalcon

Well, I wouldn't worry about it sounding bad - so far as I'm concerned so long as someone's doing go, it doesn't matter why.
The thing that I can't stand is fangirls saying they support gay rights or something and then turning around and saying something ridiculous like "but only cute guys" or "but eww, lesbians!"
Maybe I'm a little bit hard on people, but seriously... Put one's money where one's mouth is.

Haha, well, as with fandoms, I stay with [the gym/politics] because I like them for other reasons too. Slash was just the introduction.
Oh god I hate that too.

Also, I had no interest in seeing Inception before reading some Arthur/Eames fanfic. Now I'm going to see it some time this week.

Eh, I can't say I haven't done so with something at some point. I just have a flimsy memory.
By the way, I am sssssso sorry for not getting back to you with the comments. I just left it slip away, s-sob.
Slash is a... Generally fiction-based gateway drug. That's just how it is, man.

Inception is quite amazing, in my opinion. I mean, it has a zero-gravity fight scene. Plus Arthur in his three piece suit. That is a NICE three-piece suit.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 pm
Lady Gyrfalcon

Slash is a... Generally fiction-based gateway drug.
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

You speak the truth! Most of my fandoms were discovered through slash... when you think about it, it's sort of terrible, but to hell with it! It's fun!
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

User_2629207

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:10 am
Lady Gyrfalcon
Eh, I can't say I haven't done so with something at some point. I just have a flimsy memory.
By the way, I am sssssso sorry for not getting back to you with the comments. I just left it slip away, s-sob.
Slash is a... Generally fiction-based gateway drug. That's just how it is, man.

Inception is quite amazing, in my opinion. I mean, it has a zero-gravity fight scene. Plus Arthur in his three piece suit. That is a NICE three-piece suit.

I am so quoting you on that.

Okay, the promise of a zero-gravity fight scene almost trumps several hours of handsome men in snappy clothing. Almost.

(Don't worry about it; we all get busy).

Drawing and writing's another half-fandom related thing. 97%* of what I write/draw is about gay men in some way or another.
*rough estimate

@Saffron: It is fun. And there's usually something that gets people into different fandoms... some people like gratuitous action scenes, others clever mysteries. We just like hot men.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:11 pm
Pretty much yes blaugh

But as long as there are sexy guyz doin teh sexiez with other sexy guyz then I shall read it.....mooostly because Imma perv whee  

LazyButler

LargeCentralVacuole

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:28 pm
I can't say I've ever started reading/watching anything purely because of slashability (not in my recent memory anyway). However, slash does keep me interested in shows that I would normally no longer care about.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:21 pm
I never did that with yaoi/slash, but I did it for yuri/femslash once *couchJerseyShorecough*

I slash every single thing I read (hardly any exceptions), so reading something because of slashability isn't reasonable for me, and the fact it is 'slashable' wouldn't change anything.  

Ellen Watermellen

Arinditch_Himmel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:06 am
3nodding I've done it plenty of times. I got into the yaoi genre by that fact alone and by mistaking fan-fiction as an actual summary. Of course, I didn't want to believe it but it made me intrigued to see more.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:23 pm
Had to think about it, but I'm guilty.

I started watching 07-Ghost for it's delectable slashy goodness <3

Kashira Ka04

Liberal Perfectionist

5,900 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items