Guy #1
  Guy #2
  Guy #3
  All of them! ;)
  Poll whore option
View Results

X_xSin Falconx_X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:53 pm
Okay, I'm currently having a bit of a dilemma. There are three guys that I like, and I'm having a hard time getting my emotions out of the way long enough to decide which one I should pursue. All three are great guys, and I think I'd be happy no matter which one I (may or may not) end up with. Oh, and by the way, I'm 18, which is probably kinda important to mention.

Guy #1: He's 20, plays guitar, drums, and sings, and is going to a local college to become a music teacher. I've been friends with him for 2 and 1/2 years, and a couple months ago, we ended up making out. (It was something that kinda just,,, happened.) He's adorable, if a little short, but he tends to be kinda whiny and depressed at times, which might not be the best thing for me to handle, because when I get depressed, I have no coping skills.

Guy #2: He's 18, a junior in high school (he was held back a year), and has the. most. gorgeous. hair. ever. It's long, blonde and silky, and I absolutely love it. We've been friends for approximately 2 years, He's a musician as well, but in the school band, playing tuba. He also sings in the choir with me. He can be a downer sometimes, but he's really quirky and cool, too. One flaw that I can't quite get past is that he used to cut. It wouldn't be a problem except that every time I see his scars, I want to cry. I want to kill whatever caused him so much pain that he felt he had to do that to himself.

Guy#3: 18, a senior, and the reason I'm still alive. Seriously. This guy has saved me from myself more times than I can count. He's a little deviation from what I normally like in a guy, his clothing style tends to be more "urban," ("pants on the groun'" much!), and he's not the best-looking guy in the world, but I think he looks rugged and sexy like a pirate (he doesn't believe me.. XD). I've known him for 4 years, and in that time he's gone from being an idiotic douchebag to me, to being someone I can cling to for life support. I actually asked him out once, but he never gave me an answer, and instead started dating another girl. She annoys me, but I have no problem with them going out because she seems to need him right now more than I do.

tl;dr: I don't know who to choose. There are three guys I like. Guy #1 is adorable, and we have a history, but he tends to be whiny and depressed. Guy#2 is amazing, and quirky, but has SI scars that make me want to cry. Guy#3 is perfect, but he's going out with someone and I'm not a boyfriend-stealer.

Thanks in advance for any advice that I get. I know it sounds kinda immature, asking for advice like this over the internet, but I would really like some impartial opinions.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:12 pm
Weeeell....

With Guy #1, it seems like he's a bit interested in you too. And his depression might be something you can help him with. And when you get depressed, he might be able to help you too, in return. With people whining, I've found that when someone whines,if you bring up something positive about whatever it is they're whining about, it starts to change their outlook.

I wouldn't worry about guy #2, because you could learn to look past them.
They have creams to get rid of scars too, which could help.

Guy #3 was my favorite for you, just because you guys seem to have a great history. But he might not be interested in you, and it might be better for you two to just be really good friends.

Really, I would say you should pick whoever you feel you have the best connection with, and who you really want to be with. And try picturing each one in your future ((not to think about marrying them or anything...))
But I like #1 and 2 the most.

ArrogantlySpiffy

Hester Peche

Perfect Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:32 pm
Alright, set aethsetics and personal quirks aside and ask yourself who do you feel most strongly about?

Like if the world was ending and you only had five minutes to get to the space ship that would get you off the planet and you could only take one of them...who would you take?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:05 am
(@ [Small-Wisper]): With Guy #2, it's not so much lookign past the scars (I have the same scars, in different places, so I'd be a hypocrite for that), as it is dealing with the fact that I know they're there. I want to wrap him in cotton wool and take him to a place where nothing can hurt him, 'cause I know how it feels, if that makes any sense.

As far as Guy #3, he said that he liked me a little while before I asked him out, but said something about 'not being good enough.' rolleyes So he's been sending mixed signals.... If it helps at all, not too long ago he said (in response to my asking why his gf was ignoring me) "Because she views you as competition." I dunno... It just confused me further. neutral

Guy #1 also has a rep as a bit of a man whore, so his having feelings for me might not be a great indicator... I mean, I'm never sure whether it comes from his heart, or his... nether regions, to put it politely.

(@ Hester Peche): I'd have to say I'd take Guy# 3, but then I'd have to bring along his gf... dramallama dramallama dramallama  

X_xSin Falconx_X

Ingou

Shameless Grabber

28,425 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 am
User Image

I don;t know if this helps, but in my experience, guys in a band tend to neglect you a bit. I dated a guy for two years that was in a few different bands. I went to some of their bar shows and such, which I didn't mind doing. At some point, things changed. To him, band was another job, therefore, it trumped me. I became second to band, which hurt a lot. When I confronted him about it, it became a huge issue. It's one of the main things he and I broke up about.

On your issue, I say wit it out a bit and see if anything new develops. Guy number two or three sound like nice choices.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:54 am
it seems like 3 has done and been the most to deserve you, i'd let him know that and ask him why he thinks he's not good enough. If you can't get a straight answer out of him and the mixed signals just continue, then he probably isn't sure how he feels. if that's the case, then just watch what happens with his gf. if he seems to like her and nothing changes for a while, then choose someone else.  

June-iful

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff