Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:18 pm
I was at Hot Topic with my cousin a few days ago since I finally got money, and we were checking out some of the Tripp skirts. I want to get one but they're pretty expensive, so I want to ask about them on here first.
How good quality are they?
Do they need anything special [hand washed or anything]?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 pm
one word...."don't".

I bought a tripp kilt years ago, and it literally fell apart at the seams after a couple of cleanings. most of Tripp's stuff is usually an inferior light weight black denim material. You're better off getting a prepaid mastercard and surfing the web for better quality skirts.  

Keevan Draco

Lybido Alastar

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:50 pm
Keevan is right. All of Tripp's clothing is kind of delicate, or for lack of a better word "cheap" yet pricey for its uniqueness. Go figure. You just have to try your best to be clean when you wear it and not to get it dirty.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:30 pm
Lybido AIastar
uniqueness
lolwut

This message is brought to you in part by the Give Razors to Emos Foundation
Eradicating at least 24 idiots a day.

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:09 pm
I actually bought a tripp skirt a handful of years ago, and I still have it and it in good condition, but then again it wasn't made of the denim.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:20 am
All Tripp brand clothing is utter s**t.
Not to mention horribly designed aesthetically.

MortSanglant

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:21 pm
Though I'm not a huge purchaser of Tripp clothing, I have a pair of their older capris, with some hardware and strings, which I bought at least 5 years ago. And they're still in perfect shape, never ripped, never got baggy, and still fit quite well, though they have faded from their original jet black due to much washing. And I wore the hell outta those pants.

That being said, it seems like their quality just gets worse and worse, as does their originality. (their new capris look terrible) I would suggest looking for some better brands, less mainstream and more quality. Check out batgearbeyond.com for a lot of good websites.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:51 pm
The Spirit of Vengeance
Lybido AIastar
uniqueness
lolwut

This message is brought to you in part by the Give Razors to Emos Foundation
Eradicating at least 24 idiots a day.

Unique, as in its not an average piece of clothing. You can't walk into 90% of any clothing store and find a pair of pants with chains hoops, and buckles laced across it. Thats all I meant.  

Lybido Alastar

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:57 pm
It depends, I will tell you a few things however, back from my earlier years before I was really, well, less of a baby bat, I guess you could say.

1. Male Tripp pants rip apart rather easily, they look nice, but they are not well sewn together.
2. The older female tripp pants are of slightly higher quality, but they have no give and any stretching of the material at the seams (like lets say you gained a few pounds over the holidays) really can almost ruin the pants. Also, they are not flattering on most females, and can make you look heavier than you really are.
3. The zippers on the pants, and the fabric that covers them, does not last for long... just a warning.

As for the skirts....
1. It depends on what skirt you get. My friend got a red plaid knee-length skirt that was tripp, and it has lasted her a few years and is still in perfect condition.
2. The mini-skirts fall apart and can be easily crinkled or damaged, so although they look nice, you might want to just order a different skirt, or get one on clearence, if you just have to have it.

As for the "corset" shirts....
1. UTTER.CRAP.
2. The boning in one of these I got for Christmas to wear for a holiday party I was going to, the boning wore out and got all bent up withing just one wearing: AND IT WAS LOOSE ON ME.
3. I have a black sleeveless one I've had for several, several years... however, I had to rip the boning out of it, and the fabric can easily be over-stretched... and I still have to replace the lacing...
4. The hook-and-eye closures on all of these SUCK! They get ripped out and do NOT stay closed, especially at the bust... which can call for some very embarassing situations.

As for the male jackets and coats:
1. They look cool, and they are decent enough quality... just don't be too rough on them, feel the thickness of the fabric and check how well the seams are sewn together: this should give you a general idea. And always get it maybe a size larger than needed, tightness on the shoulders or back = not good.

Hope that this collection of facts from my personal "misadventures of a babybat" stage from years past will come to help you....  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:49 am
I think it all depends on what you buy. I have a dress that I bought almost 2 years ago and it's still wearable and solidly colored.  

Angelica_Eve_Nguyen

Angelic Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Padli Andel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:41 pm
I bought one like a year ago and I never wear it because I have cats and its literally like a cat hair magnet. They arnt worth the money and you might be able to get one at a thrift store if you REALLY want one. Some people might label you as a poseur though...Plus they arnt even that cute and my boyfriend says the pants rip easily(and Im assuming its made out of basically the same material).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:51 pm
The hair thing is a real problem. No cats, dogs or people with body hair.
But as for the skirt....buy a simple skirt and attach things to it. You can easily copy their design even if you don't know how to properly sew.  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

BlutWolfV_V

3,450 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:01 pm
I don't know about the skirts, but I got some tripp pants a little under a year ago. aside from the slight fading and the studs that fell off the back belt loop, they're fine. *coughs*  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games