Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
FOLKLORE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

have you had a paranormal experience?
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
perhaps, there`s possibly a rational explanation
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
paranormal? Pah! bunk sir! BUNK!!!!!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:50 pm
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
I love fantasy and fokelore. It can be a little...shall we say... unbelieveable at times. rolleyes

What do you mean by that, pray?

Why, they are amusing little tales, undeniably so, yet I fear that most of them originate from old crones striving over stoves in medieval times. I would take most with a 'pinch of salt' to quote a timeless cliche.

I fear you're enterering the habit of using unnecessary quotation marks that is a clear sign of a linguistic snob.
An amusing anecdote: once I saw a sign in a building bearing the words, "please keep the door 'closed'". gonk

eek Why?!? As if 'closed' needs any pointing out. Oh crap. It just was. At least the context was different...

No, I'm not much of a linguistic snob. I could be more of one if you want.

Go ahead, if you want.

For once, we are actually deviating rather well...
I think that is debateable, my friend. I do not WANT. I merely AM quite fond of this micro-text.

Just now you said you weren't...

A man can change his mind, can he not? rolleyes

Well yes he can, but it's customary to say so rather than just appearing incoherent.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:04 pm
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
I love fantasy and fokelore. It can be a little...shall we say... unbelieveable at times. rolleyes

Why, they are amusing little tales, undeniably so, yet I fear that most of them originate from old crones striving over stoves in medieval times. I would take most with a 'pinch of salt' to quote a timeless cliche.

I fear you're enterering the habit of using unnecessary quotation marks that is a clear sign of a linguistic snob.
An amusing anecdote: once I saw a sign in a building bearing the words, "please keep the door 'closed'". gonk

eek Why?!? As if 'closed' needs any pointing out. Oh crap. It just was. At least the context was different...

Go ahead, if you want.

I think that is debateable, my friend. I do not WANT. I merely AM quite fond of this micro-text.

Well yes he can, but it's customary to say so rather than just appearing incoherent.

Yes... I'd rather just appear incoherent. It gives me mystical charm. wink  

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:07 pm
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern

Go ahead, if you want.

Yes... I'd rather just appear incoherent. It gives me mystical charm. wink

What?
"I am not a literary snob."
"I am a literary snob."
That does not give you mystical charm, Simon. It gives you the appearance of being in advanced state of confusion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:09 pm
*Sticks fingers in ears, runs about chanting pythagoras' theorum/hero's formula etc.*  

Nebelstern
Crew

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:33 am
I believe in faeries.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:21 am
Indie_Chick
I believe in faeries.

Hehe, for quite a while I was puzzling over this post trying to figure out the relevance of it. I just noticed that it is actually in the Folklore thread...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:22 am
whapcapn
Indie_Chick
I believe in faeries.

Hehe, for quite a while I was puzzling over this post trying to figure out the relevance of it. I just noticed that it is actually in the Folklore thread...

And a lovely job of deviating it we did too. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:25 am
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Indie_Chick
I believe in faeries.

Let it be an example to you all. rolleyes  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:28 am
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Indie_Chick
I believe in faeries.

An example? I thought deviation was a spontaneous part of British guild life? You can never condense the nature of such into a forumula!

Speaking of which... maths non-calc = easier that I first thought, just so you know for next year...
wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:31 am
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Nebelstern
whapcapn
Indie_Chick
I believe in faeries.

An example? I thought deviation was a spontaneous part of British guild life? You can never condense the nature of such into a forumula!

Speaking of which... maths non-calc = easier that I first thought, just so you know for next year...
wink

Oh, I didn't mean that. I just meant, here is a perfect example of a good deviation.
So there.
mrgreen  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:56 pm
Sorry to be on topic but:

There was a ghost in my primary school toilets. It was a very old Victorian primary school, now out of use. The inside door (3 doors in and hard to open so it wasnt the wind) opened by itself a couple of times. The sudden cold that went through the room was just wierd. It wasnt the normal cold, it went right through. Lots of other girls had seen a ghost in there too.
And I got locked in there once. Some horrible person thought it was funny.

I have never flown down a fight of stairs and have never tried too but I can find four-leaf clovers quite well. Maybe its just good eyesight but 4 in one day without trying?  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff