Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Down the Rabbit Hole~ An Alice in Wonderland guild

Back to Guilds

This guild is for anyone who loves anything to do with Alice in Wonderland, be it the movies, books, or spinoffs. 

Tags: alice, wonderland, mad hatter, rabbit, hearts 

Reply The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)
Favourite AiW Adaptation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
  Yes
  No
  But if I say no I'll still get gold!
  I spent all my gold on a Kitten Star
View Results

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:20 am
Azure has decided she needs to try and get people to be more active in this guild, so she is creating this topic in the hopes a discussion will come of it.

She also seems to be talking in third person.

What is your favourite adaptation of Alice in Wonderland?

A movie, a series, a game, etc.

But don't just answer, tell me why it's your favourite. And when I say adaptation it can mean something based off of AiW too.

This caterpillar wants to chat, and she'll get lonely if no one replies. And if she gets lonely she'll never want to metamorphosize into a butterfly...or moth.

XD I'm sorry I'm in a odd mood, anyway yeah...favourite AiW adaptation? ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:03 pm
I would have to say I love Syfy's adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. I loved the story and the characters. Hatter was my favorite character in that movie.

I have to say I also love Disney's adaptation of AiW too. Cheshire Cat was my favorite in that movie along with the Queen of Hearts.  

habiku

5,400 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200

Irish Stout

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:41 pm
My favorite version has to be this one: Alice in Wonderland as far as television versions go. As far as different versions go it seems to be somewhat more accurate and has much more of the characters and plot in it than shorter versions. I also love all the familiar big name actors and actresses in it.

I have to confess, since I know there will be much mention of the Disney version that I actually have never seen the full movie outside of Kingdom Hearts. And of that bit I was glad to have it in a game but wanted there to be more.

I vaguely remember a version done by The Muppet Show I liked at the time, but now cannot for the life of me remember which episode it was.

One of the best AIW themed episodes done in a unrelated show ever (in my opinion) was "Curiouser and Curiouser" from the tv show "Forever Knight". Forever Knight was a 80's show about a 800 year old vampire seeking redemption for his crimes by serving as a cop while hiding his identity as a vampire from everyone else. "Curiouser and Curiouser" was actually nominated for four Gemini awards and managed to win one - it's like an extra sign on how great AiW is.
IMDB Forever Knight
The basic plot evolves around the guilt the main character has been carrying around for 800 years and the accidental death of an innocent bystander in a hold up sends him over the edge into his own mixed up version of Wonderland to deal with it. It's chock full of imagery and quotes right out of the books delivered in perfect timing and relation to the rest of the script. I felt the exiting of Wonderland was very weak but all the AiW just makes me smile like a Cheshire.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:43 pm
I'd have to say I acutally have two favorite adaptions of Alice in wonderland . The first one comes from a game, American Mcgees ALICE. I've seen on youtube, the game being played through clips. It looks spectacualr. The character design is amazingly creepy yet accurate and the worlds themselves look , well just like I think wonderland would look like.

The second adaption is of course Sci-fi Channel's Alice. The wonderland pidctured there is also what i think wonderland would look like , plus they meshed the characters together (The white knight from Through the looking glass and what Alice found there , and the Chesire cat from the original AIW) Plus the storyline was amazing.  

Kahlan_BrightBlade
Crew

Devoted Citizen

14,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:29 am
Thanks for replying guys.

The Disney version is my favourite, I just find it truly insane and random. It has some lovely animation too, I love the style of that movie. And Pooka, you should watch it! XD You can find it on youtube, but I would suggest buying it to get the fully remastered edition.

Oh and yes I've watched the 1999 TV movie, have it on DVD somewhere, it's a good adaptation.

SyFy's Alice was very fun, I do love it, however it couldn't be a favourite with me because it strays too far from the original works. Though you just have to love Charlie!

And American McGee's Alice, oh yes I love this game, it is amazing. The characters, the levels, the music...oh the music! It's such a great game. ^_^  
The Crystal Continuum (The Looking Glass Wars and Other Adaptations)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games