Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN- (Sexist Wiccan Laws?!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:06 pm
It also bears consideration that a great many contemporary Gardnerians would, in a blind study of Gardner's writings about doctrine and practice, assert that he was not a Gardnerian himself. Or, at least, some lines.

"As man loveth woman by mastering her" is one bit that I had some trouble with, myself, and brought to the attention of my Teacher. He pretty much pointed out that Gardner was a product of his time, and that the concept is no longer culturally relevant (though it did, at the time, provide an adequate example of power-exchange).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Conan The Barbie Doll
What is this?! Apparently such sexist "laws" exist within Wicca, similar to the sexist commandments given in the bible.

Can someone explain this? I think I might be missing something here....

What is it you think you are missing?

I dunno, really...Sexist laws in a decidedly un-sexist religion. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Edit: Now that I've read the whole thread through, it kinda makes more sense now.

Conan The Barbie Doll

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:48 pm
Conan The Barbie Doll

I dunno, really...Sexist laws in a decidedly un-sexist religion. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Why on earth did you assume that the cult didn't have sexist roots?

Let's remember folks that the Laws were produced in reaction to his High Priestess basically proposing that there be rules to curb some of Gardner's behavior that made other members of the cult uncomfortable.

"Oh, there already laws, including one that says you should step down now." Forget about being a product of his times. Look at the context of the situation itself.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:54 pm
I believe wicca and christianity are completely seperate religions... correct me if I'm wrong. So if a wiccan believes they can be sent to christian hell... UHHH my head hurts  

redwolfshadow

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:57 pm
Because if I remember correctly, most of the people that seek Wicca were once a Christian. So damning them to the Christian hell was a way to prevent them from breaking their Oath.

That is the way to end up in Christian Hell as a Wiccan, you break your own With the Lady (...can't remember if the Lord is involved though in that). No reincarnation either.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:23 pm
Let's remember that Gardner himself stated quite plainly that the Wica were taught things by the Kabalists. rolleyes

The cult certainly took some things from Christendom. Threats for it's cosmology isn't too far out of bounds.

Calelith>> Yes, it's known as the Curse of the Goddess.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces