Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Roslin's Recipes Updated 8/18 (now with failure :D )

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What type of recipes are you looking for?
  Breakfast
  Lunch
  Dinner
  Dessert
  Snack
  Beverage
View Results

Roslin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:18 pm
So a large part of making a change in the way you eat is learning different recipes. I think this is especially important to keep from being bored with the sometimes limited food choices when one is trying to lose weight.

I currently live in a dorm room most of the time so this might not be the most active thread around as I can only experiment with my cooking when I am at home. However, I would be very happy if this helped some people out here and we can swap ideas.

I am losing weight using Weight Watchers so probably 95% of what I post will probably be weight watcher recipes. I will include serving sizes, point amounts, calories, fat, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, cholesterol, iron, sodium and calcium values when they are available to me. I will only post recipes I have physically tried myself.

I will also rate the recipe on a difficulty scale of 1 to 5; 1 being the easiest (think of a peanut butter and jelly sandwiches) to 5 being challenging (think about something with a lot of complex cutting and weird ingredients).

That being said anyone feel free to post your own recipes here if you'd like :3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:40 pm
Garlic Shrimp with Rice

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
^More or less the look of it. Will remember to take pictures next time.

Difficulty: 3
Serves? 4
Serving Size: 1/2 cup rice; 1 cup shrimp mixture
Weight Watcher Points: 7 points

Ingredients
* 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (such as Swansons)
* 2 tbsp. less-sodium soy sauce (such as Kikkoman)
* 2 tbsp. orange marmalade
* 1 tbsp. cornstarch
* 1 tsp. grated peeled fresh ginger
* 1/2 tsp. dark sesame oil
* 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
* Cooking Spray
* 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 1/2 cup of 1-inch diagonally cut green onions
* 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch microwaveable cooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's Ready Rice)
* 1 tsp. canola oil
* 5 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined medium shrimp

Instructions
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk; set aside.

2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Add your bell pepper to the pan and saute for 3 minutes or until cooked crisp-tender. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute or until the green onions wilt. Remove from pan and set aside; keep warm.

3. Heat rice according to packaging.

4. While rice cooks, heat canola oil in pan over medium-high heat (be careful as oil will spit). Add garlic; saute 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add shrimp; saute 2 to 3 minutes or just until done. Add the soy sauce mixture from Step 1 and the bell pepper mixture to pan. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 1 to 2 minutes or until shrimp are done and sauce thickens slightly. Serve over rice.

NUTRITION: CAL 365 / FAT 5.3g / PRO 40.2g / CARB 32.7 g / FIB 2.1g / CHOL 336mg / IRON 6.3mg / SOD 670 mg / CALC 90mg

NOTES: This is a very filling recipe. Going into it I thought that the 1/2 cup rice wouldn't be enough to supplement this recipe. You get a surprising amount of shrimp in each serving. I would like to note that since this is a magazine recipe it is a little bit bland and when I revisit this recipe I'll probably be adding more crushed red pepper and garlic. I did not use fresh ginger or fresh garlic cloves. I used powdered ginger and already minced garlic. I do not think that hurt the recipe. I would recommend using fresh shrimp if possible. I used frozen shrimp and I think I'll try to do it with fresh next time.

Roslin

Roslin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:55 am
Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies

User Image
Difficulty: 1
Serves? 20
Serving Size: 1 cookie
Weight Watcher Points: 2 points

Ingredients
* 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
* 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
* Pinch of Salt
* 1/2 cup and 2 tbsp. sugar
* 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cup mini-chocolate chips

Instructions
1. Place the oven racks on the bottom and top slots. Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Add sugar, 1 tbsp. at a time, beating until stuff, glossy peaks form. Beat in vanilla until just blended. With a rubber spatula fold in the chocolate chips.

3. Drop meringue by generous 1/4 cupfuls onto baking sheets about 1 inch apart, making a total of 20 cookies. Bake until cookies are dry and light golden brown on outside and a little soft on inside, about 1 hour, rotating baking sheets halfway through baking time.

4. Let cool slightly on baking sheets, about 10 minutes. Carefully pull cookies from parchment paper and let cool completely.

NUTRITION: CAL 79 / FAT 3 g / PRO 1 g / CARB 13 g / FIB 1 g / CHOL 0 mg / SOD 27mg / CALC 4

NOTES: I had never made a meringue anything before so I may have under or over beaten the egg whites. I personally did not get 20 servings out of this recipe as I think I took the "generous 1/4 cups" part a little too literally, making sure the 1/4 cup was completely full. There is no recommended type of chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet as that was the only type available to me but I assume any type of chocolate chip could work. Either way these make enormous cookies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:11 am
Barbecue Chicken Pizza

User Image
^Taken via phone

Difficulty: 2
Serves: 8
Serving Size: 1 slice
Weight Watcher Points: 6 points

Ingredients
* 1 (14 ounce) Italian cheese-flavored pizza crust (such as Boboli original)
* Cooking Spray
* 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
* 2/3 cup spicy barbecue sauce, divided
* 1/3 cup slivered red onion
* 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
* 1 cup (4 ounces) preshredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* We added broccoli to our pizza

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit

2. Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheets (or a pizza sheet if you have it, my family has a glass one). Lightly coat crust with cooking spray.

3. Combine chicken and 1/3 cup barbecue sauce in a small bowl; stir well coating the chicken. Spread the remaining 1/3 cup barbecue sauce evenly over the pizza crust, leaving a 1 inch border. Top crust evenly with chicken mixture and remaining ingredients.

4. Attention! This is the weird part. The actual recipe says to slide the pizza off of the baking sheet directly onto the oven rack. I did not do this as I had an actual pizza pan. I don't think the recipe suffered from it. Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is crisp and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and cut into 8 slices.

NUTRITION: CAL 281 / FAT 6.6 g / PRO 19.5 g / CARB 34 g / CHOL 37 mg / IRON 1.8 mg / SOD 606 mg / CALC 169 mg

NOTES: I liked this recipe but it wasn't good enough to compete with my favorite pizza; Papa John's. I'm not such a huge fan of replacing pizza sauce with more barbecue sauce. If I made this again I wouldn't put as much barbecue sauce on the crust. One slice kept me pretty full so my only other complaint is that it yields too many servings for my particular household.

Roslin

Roslin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:06 pm
Morning Glory Muffins

User Image

Serves: 12
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Weight Watcher Points: 2 points

Ingredients
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1/8 tsp ground ginger
* 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
* 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple in juice
* 1/4 cup finely shredded carrots
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 2 tbsp canola oil
* 1/2 tsp vanilla

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners.

2. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.

3. In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.

4. Add the buttermilk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just moistened.

5. Fill the muffin cups evenly. Bake until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. About 22 minutes.

6. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to cool on rack.

NUTRITION: CAL 107 / FAT 3 g / PRO 3 g / CARB 18 g / CHOL 1 mg / SOD 187 mg / CALC 46 mg

NOTES: You cannot taste the carrots or pineapple, they are there to add fiber and maintain moisture in the muffins. I've made a similar recipe to this before and they're fine. I know it sounds like an oxymoron "low-fat buttermilk" ironically I found fat-free buttermilk. Grating the carrots was the most difficult thing in this recipe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:30 pm
Mongolian Beef

Serves: 4
Serving Size: 2/3 cup beef mixture, 1/2 cup rice
Weight Watchers Points: 6 points for just Beef; 8 points with rice

Ingredients
* 1 pound flank steak, trimmed
* 1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/3 cup less-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 3 garlic cloves, minced
* 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
* 1/4 cup green onions
* brown rice (optional)

Instructions
1. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Combine the steak and cornstarch in a medium bowl; toss until coated. Set aside.

2. Combine water, brown sugar, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.

3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and saute 1 minute. Add steak; cook for 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add brown sugar mixture and cook for 4 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with green onions.

4. If desired prepare rice

NUTRITION: (without rice) CAL 285 / FAT 9.2 g / PRO 25.9 g / CARB 23.1 g / FIB 0.3 g / CHOL 39 mg / SOD 865 mg / CALC 47 mg / IRON 2 mg

NOTES: This. Was. So. GOOD! Everyone in my house loved it and you would have never guessed that it was healthy. I liked it better than take out. I think this is my favorite recipe so far. I had it over brown rice.

Roslin

Roslin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:42 pm
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Shake
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
Weight Watchers Points: 3 points

Ingredients
* 3 cups fat-free chocolate ice cream
* 3/4 cup skim milk
* 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
* 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth, scraping sides. Serve immediately.

NUTRITION: CAL 178 / FAT 2.2 g / PRO 7.2 g / CARB 36.7 g / FIB 6.6 g / CHOL 1 mg / SOD 121 mg / CALC 209 mg / IRON 1.3 mg

NOTES: I would like this shake to be thicker. If I made it again I'd add some ice to it but that will probably require some refiguring of what a serving size is. It was pretty good. The only problem is after one serving I wanted another one.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:57 pm
Eggplant Parmesan

Serving Size: 1/4 of casserole

Ingredients
* Cooking Spray
* 1 medium sized eggplant
* 1/3 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
* 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 Tsp. Italian seasoning
* 1/4 Tsp. Garlic powder
* 2 large egg whites; lightly beaten
* 1 1/2 cup canned tomato sauce
* 1/2 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese

Instructions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.

2. In a medium sized bowl combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, and Garlic powder together. Skin your eggplant and cut it into 1/2 inch slices.

3. Dip your eggplant slices into the egg-whites and then coat with the bread-crumb mixture. Place slices on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, flipping them over half-way through.

4. Once baking is done coat the bottom of the baking dish with eggplant. Pour 1/3 cup of the tomato sauce and 1/3 cup of the mozzarella over the eggplant. Add another layer of eggplant and repeat the mozzarella-tomato sauce until you have 3 layers.

5. Bake the casserole for about 10 minutes in the oven. Cut into fourths and serve.

NUTRITION: Unknown. Just know that it's 3 WW points.

NOTES: I don't know what alternate universe they're living in where a 9 x 13 inch baking dish is the proper size for this. Never having bought an eggplant before I didn't really have an idea of what a "medium" sized one was so maybe I didn't get a big enough eggplant but to fill the bottom of the baking dish took up most of my slices, so I only had two layers. Also, the amount of mozzarella they tell you to use looks ridiculous when you're pouring it on. I had to add more. I also added a gratuitous amount of garlic, but I love garlic so that was a personal preference.

On the bright side you do get a gigantic serving size. Also, having been the only person in my household who had even had eggplant before it was a big hit.

Roslin

freelance lover

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:44 pm
I love this thread, please continue! You might see about getting a mod to move it to the main forum though.

I'll post some too. My mom got my that awesome "Cook This, Not That" book and it has a TON of great recipes in it. I cook from it all the time, and both my boyfriend and I love it. I'll post one of my favorite recipes, but I'll add more later.

Cornmeal Catfish with Corn Salsa

4 tsp canola oil
1 ear corn, kernels removed
1 can black beans, rinsed
1 avocado pitted and cut into cubes
1 lime, juiced
1 jalapeno, minced
salt and pepper
1 c cornmeal
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 catfish fillet

1. Heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook until lightly browned. Add the beans and warm, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in jalepeno, lime juice and avacado, season with salt and pepper.
2. Pour cornmeal onto a plate, season with cayenne, salt and pepper. Coat the fillet with said mixture.
3. Heat remaining oil in large skillet. Cook fish in the hot oil until white and flakey, then served topped with salsa.

Serving info: 430 cal. 20g fat. 4g saturated fat. 460 mg sodium.

Notes: I altered this slightly due to some restriction on what I could get. i used tilapia, which worked great and was a lot cheaper. I also left out the jalepeno, used cajun seasoning instead of cayenne pepper, and used lemon instead of lime juice. I don't like avocado, but the salsa was great and made a great dip as well that I would eat with crackers.

I know fried foods are a no no, but this is a good way to indulge without going overboard. The pan frying cuts about as many calories as possible, and this recipe is a lower cal option as opposed to most friend fish you get in restaurants.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:11 am
Beef-Corn Pita Pocket

Serving Size: 1 pocket
Weight Watcher Points: 5 points

Ingredients
* 2 ears corn on the cob, husked and kernels removed
* 1 Tbsp. Water
* 2 nectarines, diced
* 1/4 cup diced red onion
* Juice of 1 lime
* 1/4 Tsp. kosher salt
* Pinch of black pepper
* 2 (6 inch) whole wheat pita loafs
* 3/4 lbs deli-sliced roast beef
* 2 cups shredded lettuce

Instructions
1. To make relish, combine corn and water in a 9-inch microwavable pie plate. Cover with paper towel and microwave on High until corn is crisp-tender; 1 to 2 minutes.

2. Transfer the corn with a slotted spoon into a medium bowl and stir in nectarines, onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper.

3. Cut each pita loaf in two to form 2 pockets. Stuff pockets evenly with beef, relish, and lettuce.

NUTRITION: CAL 292 / FAT 4 g / SAT FAT 1 g / CHOL 42 mg / SOD 1,117 mg / CARB 45 g / FIB 7 g / PROT 23 g / CALC 25 mg

NOTES: I did not use corn on the cob for this. Instead I bought frozen corn, with no butter, and simply prepared 2 servings worth of it. I accidentally bought some weird type of plum instead of nectarines but I used them anyway and it was really good. When I was looking at this I thought it was going to be too citrusy but the lime gives it this awesome flavor without screaming citrus at you. I'm planning on making the relish over the weekends while I'm at college and then keeping it separate in the fridge and assembling the pocket to take for lunch in the morning.

Roslin

Roslin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 am
Deviled Chicken

Serving Size: 1 drumstick
Weight Watchers Points: 4 points

NOTES: This recipe is actually for cooking in the microwave, but I don't trust my microwave to do a good job and I especially don't trust my college's microwaves so I changed a few things. I've posted the recipe verbatim but I'll have notes in blue at what I changed.

Ingredients
* 1/2 cup whole wheat dried bread crumbs
* 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme OR 1/4 tsp. dried
* 1/4 tsp. salt
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 3 tbsp. honey mustard
* 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
* 1/2 tsp. hot pepper sauce (aka Tabasco sauce)
* 4 (6 oz) skinless chicken drumsticks

Instructions
1. Spray microwavable 1 quart shallow baking dish with nonstick spray. (If not cooking in the microwave pre-heat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.)

2. Combine bread crumbs, thyme, salt, and pepper together on a sheet of wax paper (or in a small bowl]. Mix mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and hot pepper/tabasco sauce in a medium sized bowl.

3. Take the skinless chicken drumsticks and coat them with the wet mixture and then roll in the dry ingredients and place into the baking dish.

4. Lightly spray chicken with nonstick spray. Cover with wax paper and microwave on high for 8 minutes. Uncover and microwave on high until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Let stand for 3 minutes before service. (Place baking dish on top rack of oven and cook for about an hour, until chicken is cooked through. Let stand for a few minutes to cool.)

NUTRITION: CAL 170 / FAT 4 g / SAT FAT 1 g / TRANS FAT 0 g / CHOL 73 mg / SOD 336 mg / CARB 11 g / FIB 1 g / PROT 21 g / CALC 41 mg

NOTES: It came out really good, better than any chicken my mom ever makes which usually comes out really bland. I would add more Tabasco sauce next time but it was really popular at my house. The only downside is they didn't have skinless drumsticks at our grocery store so I had to skin them myself which took the longest out of anything. It's also really good the next day, I had a drumstick for lunch the day after I made them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:46 am
Creamy Fudge

Serves: 32
Serving Size: 2 squares
Weight Watchers Points: 2 points

Ingredients
* 10 oz bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
* 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened fat-free condensed milk
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* Pinch coarse sea salt
* 1/3 tsp flake sea salt (optional)

Instructions
1. Line 8 inch square baking ban with plastic wrap, leaving a 2 inch overhang. Smooth out any wrinkles. (Hardest part of this whole recipe... ugh...)

2. Combine chocolate, condensed milk, vanilla extract, and coarse sea salt in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth and uniform, about 5 minutes. (Longer if you did not chop up your chocolate)

3. Transfer fudge to the prepared pan; spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Let cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm. 2 hours or overnight.

4. Uncover fudge and remove from pan by lifting the plastic wrap. Cut on cutting board 8 ways horizontally and 8 ways vertically resulting in 64 pieces.

5. Optional, garnish top with flaked sea salt.

NUTRITION: CAL 80 / FAT 3 g / SAT FAT 2 g / TRANS FAT 0 g / CHOL 1 mg / SOD 43 g / CARB 12 g / FIB 1 g / PROT 1 g / CALC 39 mg

NOTES: The serving size may seem small but it doesn't take a large serving to be satisfied. I'd never made fudge before and this was so easy.

Roslin

pinkcatminht

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:12 am
this is a light cupcake recipe that uses lower calorie vegan "milk" & applesauce as a substitute for eggs. the frosting is tofu-based as well. enjoy!

1 cup soy milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup sugar (or app. 1/3 cup agave)(can use your favorite sugar substitute as well)
1/2 cup applesauce, plain and unsweetened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract, vanilla extract, or choc. extract
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour(can use whole wheat flour also. in fact, if you are so inclined, you can use 1 cup WWPF in the place of half WWPF/half APF)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin pan with 12 paper/foil liners. (Optional: Spray liners with cooking spray)
2. Whisk together soy milk and vinegar in large bowl, set aside for few minutes to curdle. Add the sweetener, applesauce, extracts to the soy milk mix and beat until foamy. In separate bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda/powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture while constantly beating/stirring until no large lumps remain. Do not overmix.
3. Pour into liners, filling 3/4 of the way. Bake 18-20 minutes, remove and let cool in pan for 10 minutes. For frosting, use strawberry/raspberry jam with a layer of confectioners sugar OR following frosting recipe.

servings: 16 / cals: 52 / cals from fat: 4 / total fat: .43g / cholesterol: 0mg / sodium: 118mg / potassium: 48mg / carbs: 11.42g / fiber: 1.4g / sugar: 4.5g / protein: 1.6g / vit. a: 1% / vit. c: 1% / calcium: 3% / iron: 4%

3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp. vanilla soymilk
pinch of salt
1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons blended silken tofu (light)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend silken tofu in a blender with vanilla and soymilk. Transfer to a bowl, mix in powdered sugar and salt.

Variaton:
Orange frosting - exchange 2 tbsp. soymilk with 2 tbsp. orange juice and 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice.
Maple frosting - add 3 tbsp. maple syrup
Chocolate frosting - add 1/3 cup cocoa and 2 tbsp. sweetener.

(nutritional facts for the original frosting)
serves: 16 / cals: 33 / cals from fat: 5 / total fat: .61g / cholesterol: 0mg / sodium: 26mg / potassium: 44mg / carbs: 5.27g / sugar: 5g / protein: 1.5g / calcium: 1% / iron: 1%

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:42 am
Chinese Meatball Soup

Difficulty: Should be no more than a 4, but for me it was apparently a 10 (not my difficulty scale is only supposed to go to 5)
Serving Size: 2 meatballs with 2 cups of soup
Weight Watchers Points: 5 points

Ingredients
* 1 (48 oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
* Pinch of kosher salt
* 1 lb ground skinless chicken breast
* 2 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce
* 1/4 tsp. black pepper
* 1 bunch watercress, tough stems removed
* 6 scallions, thinly sliced

Instructions
1. Bring broth and salt just to boil in Dutch oven. (I do not have a dutch oven, so a big sauce pan would have to do.)

2. Meanwhile, combine chicken, hoisin sauce, and pepper in medium bowl. Form into 8 (2 inch) meatballs. (I had to defrost my chicken in the microwave but apparently didn't keep enough attention on it because the edges were cooked when I got it out. This was the beginning of the end. You should probably make sure your chicken is still cold when you make the meatballs, it might help it hold together better than my sorry looking things did. Also, I accidentally started shaking salt into the mixture instead of pepper...)

3. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently until browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Reduce heat, cover and cook, shaking skillet occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Add meatballs, watercress, and scallions to hot broth, stirring until watercress melts.

Alas, I never got to that last step from just how horrible my meatballs were, they wouldn't hold form for me. Note however that I've never made traditional meatballs so maybe my technique is just not there. In any case the hoisin sauce colored the chicken and I couldn't really get an eye for if they were done or not, which ended up in them being burned more than anything. Maybe someone else will have better luck than I did. I'm really sad it didn't turn out for me because it sounded like a great volume meal with all the broth you'd get.

NUTRITION: CALL 225 / FAT 6 g / SAT FAT 2 g / TRANS FAT 0 g / CHOL 71 mg / SOD 377 g / CARB 10 g / FIB 1 g / PROT 34 g / CALC 69 mg

Roslin

Roslin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:49 am
Spooky Cat Cookies

Serves: 12
Serving Size: 2 cookies

Ingredients
* Pillsbury Ready to Bake Spooky Cat Cookies

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit

2. Place pre-cut cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.

3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.

4. Let cool for 1 minute before moving to a cooling rack.

NUTRITION: CAL 120 / FAT 6 g / SAT FAT 1.5 g / TRANS FAT 2.5 g / CHOL 5 mg / SOD 85 mg / CARB 15 g / FIB 0 g / SUGAR 8 g / PROT 1 g

NOTES: This is a bit of a joke entry. I just needed to reassure myself after the meatball incident that I wasn't completely inept in the kitchen.

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games