Just a few short words..

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iiEatCandii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 pm
Turns the never ending screams to whispers so hush,
Slows to a trickle the fast running stream- always in a rush.
His gentle touch so soft, his strong voice so soothing,
Though it seems to slow the world down- it gets my heart moving.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:05 am
This was very good! This poem you've written has lines that are almost following a set pattern. You seem to be following an iambic pentameter of 6,7 1/2,6,7 here. I stumbled at the "always" the first time I read it, but that was because I had stopped at the dash too long and messed up the flow. I got it right the second time, though. You have a very nice rhythm going here, and the poem itself says a lot for so little (as always!). I really like this one a lot. Very excellent!  

SaraDiva728

iiEatCandii

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 pm
SaraDiva728
This was very good! This poem you've written has lines that are almost following a set pattern. You seem to be following an iambic pentameter of 6,7 1/2,6,7 here. I stumbled at the "always" the first time I read it, but that was because I had stopped at the dash too long and messed up the flow. I got it right the second time, though. You have a very nice rhythm going here, and the poem itself says a lot for so little (as always!). I really like this one a lot. Very excellent!

whats an iambic pentameter?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 pm
Let's see. That is like a measurement of count in poetry (okay sonnets, I don't know if other forms use it). It measures two syllables per count. Like, you know how haiku counts syllables for it's lines and it has to have a count of 5-7-5 to be haiku? Well, two syllables equals one iambic pentameter. So haiku, following that method of measurement would have a count of 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 - 2 1/2. Although, you don't use iambic pentameter in haiku, you count the syllables instead. I write mostly sonnets so I use iambic pentameter a lot, and I tend to measure other things like that too. I'm not sure if that is a good habit, but it is an easy way to make sure my lines measure the same length. However, I only know sonnets to require such measurement. They have to have five per line, or its not a sonnet.  

SaraDiva728

iiEatCandii

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:11 pm
SaraDiva728
Let's see. That is like a measurement of count in poetry (okay sonnets, I don't know if other forms use it). It measures two syllables per count. Like, you know how haiku counts syllables for it's lines and it has to have a count of 5-7-5 to be haiku? Well, two syllables equals one iambic pentameter. So haiku, following that method of measurement would have a count of 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 - 2 1/2. Although, you don't use iambic pentameter in haiku, you count the syllables instead. I write mostly sonnets so I use iambic pentameter a lot, and I tend to measure other things like that too. I'm not sure if that is a good habit, but it is an easy way to make sure my lines measure the same length. However, I only know sonnets to require such measurement. They have to have five per line, or its not a sonnet.

holy crap, thats really confusing haha but i think i get the gist of it, thank you ^-^  
Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games