Submit

Should I just talk to him?
  DUH!
  I'm not sure...
  N.O. Major no-no
View Results

lovexstarr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:40 am

So there's this boy... (oh dear) I've probably liked him for about a year! But I don't have the nerve to get up and talk to him in his face. Sure, some of my friends (who are guys) are friends with his friends. And once, I came pretty damn close to talking with him. Ugh, like one foot away. But I didn't. Now, I don't have anymore chances, or well, none have presented themselves to me in the last 6 months... I really want to start talking with him and here are my excuses of why not:
- He's a year older
- He talks to girls... who speak his language (i speak it too... but not totally fluent. just somewhat)
- He's always surrounded by his friends
What's a girl to do? I mean seriously, I really wish I had that magical answer to everything. This isn't a life threatening type of problem; but it could be relationship changing! (: Speaking of relationships.... I've got another problem. To be posted in another topic. But please, help? I'm so confused...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 am
Well... first, I'd say that he's just a boy. He may seem intimidating, but if you just go for it, talking with guys is no problem. Trust me, after many many MANY pitiful failed attempts at trying to get the nerve to talk to my ex-crush, it's just so much easier if you don't stress over it and just... do it.
Secondly, I'd suggest perhaps asking him to help you with your fluency in the language (XP You never said what language), ask him if he'd mind helping you with your pronunciation or something some time, and supply an option of place and time.
The being surrounded by his friends bit is hard, but just catch him if he's on the edge of the crowd and ask to speak to him in private for a moment. It'll be really difficult and nerve-wracking, but it must be done! XD
Otherwise, if you have a class with him or something, maybe talk to him just before class starts or something, because usually people have started splitting up and going to their seats and settling down, which means he may be less surrounded.

In short: just go for it!! You have nothing to lose, and much to gain.

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:46 am
Do you mean you are unable to ask him out, or you two have never even spoken?

If its the latter, its not hard even if he is surround by his friends. Just say hi, introduce yourself, and ask him about his interests. Most people love to talk about themselves if you ask the right questions to get them started. Maybe have one of your guy friends who is friends with his friends go over there to talk to his friends, and you can come along. Its less scary when you have a friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:52 am
I had this problem just for a lot longer... cry Talk to him or you will really regret it 3nodding  

Lucixys

Sasporilla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:28 am
Same problem, except hes my best friend..  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:18 pm
Just talk with him, make friends, see how it turns out...
I talk with my crush all the time...maybe that's why he's my crush redface  

xXxSeraphim SkyexXx

Maia Uchiha

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:23 pm
I have the same problem but some of my friends talk to him often so when I want to talk to him or just be near him (not in the creepy way just so I could talk to him later) I go with my friends, that way it is so much easier.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm
So do I. mrgreen Just do what you think is right and all that lousy speech you probably heard over fifty million times.  

xXxSeraphim SkyexXx

ThornySinger

2,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 pm
Ooh, I had a crush on someone like that. Never talked to him, was afraid to make eye contact with him, closest I've been to him was about a foot... Yeah, got over it though.

I would say... to just act like a normal person, relaxed and cool. Go up to him (and don't think "how does my hair look") and just say "Yo" to 'im. It should run smoothly.  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games