Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
Kale Chips!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matsuo Emi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 pm
Its is both the most simple and most surprisingly delicious snack I have ever eaten! They're light, crispy, salty and addictive!

Tear a whole bunch (aka a ton) of curly kale leaves into chip sized chunks. Set the stems aside for something else or compost them. Stems don't toast. Toss the leaves in a large bowl with a tablespoon or so of healthy oil (like olive oil or walnut oil) and a tablespoon or so of sea salt (more or less depending on your taste). Bake in a preheated oven at 300 degrees until the leaves are dry and toasty (but still green, if some start to turn brown, take them out or turn down the heat). It should only take 10-15 minutes. Snack attack!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:20 am

I've made curry kale chips. And cajun. You can season them however you like but they will
    never stop being delicious. I've also bought raw kale chips from my local organic foods store.
    They were called Better Than Chedder Kale Chips from a Toronto-based company by the
    name of Two Girls Cooking. I cannot stop myself from eating them immediately after buying them.

gonk

But they're super healthy so whatever, it's a good thing.

at my windowsill

Ailinea
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:14 pm
I just bought some kale today, going to try this out, it sounds delicious! Can't wait!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:18 pm
I finally made this recipe. AMAZING! I added sea salt and red pepper flakes. Next time I'll use less red pepper flakes, but the whole house LOVES them! And kale is so cheap! Thanks for this awesome recipe. biggrin  

Ailinea
Vice Captain

MauBou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:58 am
I am addicted to it too haha ! It,s the most woderfull thing I discovered at my new supermarket !  
Recipes & Cooking Tips

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games