Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
january holiday?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
According to some, namely Asatru.org, who I don't put much stock in but they're mostly date-friendly, Thorrablot is two days. Since it coincidentally falls on a Thursday anyways, I'll be doing a blot.
I've been invited to one. I haven't decided if I will go- especially since it's the Kindred that has personal space issues with me, and my hubby isn't available.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
According to some, namely Asatru.org, who I don't put much stock in but they're mostly date-friendly, Thorrablot is two days. Since it coincidentally falls on a Thursday anyways, I'll be doing a blot.
I've been invited to one. I haven't decided if I will go- especially since it's the Kindred that has personal space issues with me, and my hubby isn't available.
Do you mean they're too touchy when they aren't familiar enough or can you not elaborate?  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:14 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Do you mean they're too touchy when they aren't familiar enough or can you not elaborate?
I know them fairly well.

An example of what I am talking about was when we were at a different gathering and were dancing a May Pole, as I was going around there were four or five guys in a line who spent their time groping me as I passed. Not any of the other women, not even their wives and girlfriends. Me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:29 am
Roman Catholic Feast Days for the Month of January

By date and alphabetical order, January 1st -5th

Janurary 1st:
Adalbero of Liege, Basil of Aix, Basilios of Ancyra, Bonannus of Roio, Brogan, Circumcision of the Lord, Clarus of Vienne, Concordius of Spoleto, Connat, Cuan, Elvan, Eufrosyne of Alexandria, Eugendus of, Condat, Fanchea of Rossory, Felix of Bourges, Fulgentius of Ruspe, Gregory Nazianzen the Elder, Hesychius of Gaza, Hugolinus of Gualdo, Cattaneo, Jean-Baptiste Lego, John of Saint-Just-en-Chaussée, Joseph Mary Tomasi, Justin of Chieti, Maelrhys, Magnus the Martyr, Marianus, Konopinski, Martyred Soldiers of Rome, Mary- Mother of God, Mydwyn, Paracodius of Vienne, Peter of Atroa, Peter of Temissis, René Lego, Telemachus, Valentin Paquay, William of Dijon, Zedislava Berka, Zygmunt Gorazdowski

(Note: The Feast of Yeshua's Circumcision doesn't take place eight days after his birth no matter which calender you use. Also, this is the first of the Marian Feasts for the month. )

January 2nd:

Abel the Patriarch, Acutus of Syrmium, Adelard of Corbie, Airaldus of Maurienne, Argeus of Tomi, Artaxus of Syrmium, Asclepius of Limoges, Aspasius of Auch, Basil the Great, Bentivoglio de Bonis, Blidulf of Bobbio, Eugenda of Syrmium, Gaspare Bufalo, Gregory of Nazianzen, Guillaume, Répin, Hortulana of Assisi, Isidore of Antioch, Isidore of Nitria, Laurent Bâtard, Macarius the Younger, Many Martyrs Who Suffered in Rome, Marcellinus of Tomi, Martinian of Milan, Martyrs of Anjou, Martyrs of Lichfield, Maximianus of Syrmium, Maximus of Vienne, Narcissus of Tomi, Odino of Rot, Paracodus, Seiriol, Stefana Quinzani, Tobias of Syrmiumm Pope Telesphorus, Timothy of Syrmium, Vincentian of Tulle, Vitus of Syrmium

January 3rd:

Alan de Solminihac, Antherus, Athanasius of Cilicia, Bertilia of Mareuil, Blitmund of Bobbio, Cyrinus of Cyzicus, Daniel of Padua, Eustadius, Finlugh, Fintan of Doon, Florentius of Vienne, Florentius of Vienne the Martyr, Genevieve, Gerard Cagnoli, Gordius of Cappadocia, Hymnemodus of Saint-Maurice, Joseph the Martyr, Kuriakose Elias Chavara, Holy Name of Jesus, Munchin of Limerick, Narses the Martyr, Peter Balsam, Peter Thomas, Primus, Stephana de Quinzanis, Theogenes, Theonas, Theopemptus, Wenog, Zosimus of Cilicia

January 4th:

Aedh Dubh, Aggaeus, Angela of Foligno, Aquilinus, Benedicta, Caius, Dafrosa, Dorotea, Elizabeth Ann Seton, Eugene, Eustatius of Serbia, Euthymios of Vatopedi, Faustus of Armagnac, Ferreolus of Uzès, Gaius, Geminus, Genovefa Torres Morales, Gregory of Langres, Hermes Haggai, Kristiana Menabuoi of Santa Croce, Libentius of Hamburg, Manuel Gonzalez Garcia, Marcian, Mavilus of Adrumetum, Neofyta, Oringa of the Cross, Palumbus of Subiaco, Pharaildis, Priscillianus, Priscus, Quintus, Rigobert of Rheims, Roger of Ellant, Simeon Niger, Stephen du Bourg, Theodotus, Trophimus of Arles, Tryphon

January 5th:

Alacrinus of Casamari, Apollinaris Syncletica, Cera of Kilkeary, Charles of Mount Argus, Convoyon of Redon, Deogratias of Carthage, Dorotheus the Younger, François Peltier, Gaudentius of Gnesen, Genoveva Torres Morales, Gerlac of Valkenburg, Haistulf of Mainz, Jacques Ledoyen, John Nepomucene Neumann, Kiara, Lomer, Marcelina Darowska, Maria Repetto, Martyrs of Egypt, Mennas of Sinai, Paula, Pierre Tessier, Pietro, Bonilli, Romanus Neomartyr, Simeon Stylites, Syncletica, Talida of Antinoë, Theodore of Cagliari  

TeaDidikai

mirawin

5,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:38 pm
Wow that is quite a large list of feast's. Thanks TeaDidikai, it would be interesting to research each one individually but that will have to wait until i have more freetime. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:12 pm

Is is common for SO MANY Saints to have the same feast day, or is this simply an oddity of January?

EternalHearts

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:42 pm
EternalHearts

Is is common for SO MANY Saints to have the same feast day, or is this simply an oddity of January?
It's common.
Two thousand some odd years of people being Saints of the Church- and that's before we start looking at the pre-Canonized Saints, there are going to be a lot of them.

Sorry I stopped at the 5th. It got to be a bit overwhelming. I'll hammer out the next set soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:18 pm

I don't blame you for having to tackle this in chunks...good luck Tea.

EternalHearts

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:54 am
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
I know them fairly well.

An example of what I am talking about was when we were at a different gathering and were dancing a May Pole, as I was going around there were four or five guys in a line who spent their time groping me as I passed. Not any of the other women, not even their wives and girlfriends. Me.
Assholes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:56 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
Assholes.
Yeah.  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 am
Roman Catholic Feast Days for the Month of January

By date and alphabetical order, January 6st -10th

January 6th
Anastasius VIII, Andre Bessette, Balthasar, Basillisa, Caspar, Diman Dubh of Connor, Edeyrn, Eigrad, Epiphany of the Lord, Erminold of Prüfening, Frederick of Saint-Vanne, Gertrude van Oosten, Guarinus, Hywyn of Aberdaron, John de Ribera, Julian, Macra of Rheims, Martyrs in Africa, Melchior, Merinus, Peter of Canterbury, Raphaela Maria Porras, Rita Amada De Jesus, Schotin, Wiltrudis of Bergen

January 7th
Albert of Siena, Aldric, Ambrose Fernandez, Anastasius of Sens, Athanasius of Attalia, Baptism of the Lord, Brannock, Canute Lavard, Cedd, Charles of Sezze, Clerus of Antioch, Crispin I of Pavia, Crispin II of Pavia, Cronan Beg, Emilian of Saujon, Felix, Januarius, Joseph Tuan, Julian of Cagliari, Kentigerna, Lucian of Antioch, Maria Teresa Haze, Nicetas of Remesiana, Polyeuctus of Melitene, Raymond of Penyafort, Reinhold, Theodore of Egypt, Tillo of Solignac, Valentine, Wittikund of Westphalia

January 8th
Abo of Tblisi, Apollinaris the Apologist, Athelm of Canterbury, Atticus of Constantinople, Carterius of Caesarea, Edward Waterson, Ergnad of Ulster, Erhard of Regensburg, Eugenian of Autun, Eurosia Fabris, Frodobert, Garibaldus, Gudule, Helladius, Julian of Beauvais, Lucian of Beauvais, Maximian of Beauvais, Maximus of Pavia, Nathalan of Aberdeen, Patiens of Metz, Pega of Peakirk, Severinus of Noricum, Theophilus, Thorfinn, Wulsin of Sherborne

January 9th
Adrian of Canterbury, Agatha Yi, Alix le Clerc, Anastasius, Anthony, Basilissa of Antioch, Black Nazarene, Brithwald of Canterbury, Casimir, Grelewski, Celsus, Epictetus, Felix, Fortunatus, Pope Gregory X, Honorius of Buzancais, Joseph Pawloski, Jucundus, Julian of Antioch, Marcellinus of Ancona, Marciana, Marcionilla, Maurontius, Paschasia of Dijon, Peter of Sebastea, Philip Berruyer, Philip of Moscow, Revocatus, Secundus, Teresa Kim, Tommaso Reggio, Vitalicus, Vitalis, Waningus of Fécamp

January 10th
Pope Agatho, Aldo of Carbonaria, Anna of the Angels Monteagudo, Antipas of Valaam, Benincasa of Cava, Dermot, Giles of Lorenzana, John Camillus the Good, Marcian of Constantinople, Maria Dolores Rodriguez Sopena, Nicanor, Paul of Thebes, Peter Orseolo, Petronius, Saethryth, Thomian of Armagh, William of Bourges  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff