Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
On humility

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Semiremis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:04 pm
One of the many recurring themes in the bible is the importance of humility so I thought that we could share some of the passages on it and sort of take a deeper look at what it means, especially since there are a lot of people who struggle with it, myself included.

Micah 6:8 8 He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness, [2]
and to walk humbly with your God?

Micah was a contemporary of Isaiah and a minor prophet, for those of you unfamiliar with him, and the seven chapters that make up the book of Micah deal with corruption amongst Gods people and judgement and the mercy of God.

So any ideas on what it means to be humble? In Micah 6:8 we are told to 'walk humbly' with our God. How do we do that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:36 am
Be a humble bee! Hahaha, that was the theme of the year my senior yeah or high school within my youth group.

Humility is simply being modest and not showing off, bragging, etc. A humble person is also probably more concerned about other than themselves and works for other people rather than themselves.

It's a really difficult trait to describe, but I think it's an extremely important one.

freelance lover
Crew

viper_353

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:19 pm
Giving the glory to God, knowing that while we may do it, without him, who would we be, how could we accomplish these things, that kind of stuff...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:19 pm
Paul's approach to humility was to "think of all others as better than himself"  

Eykos

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items