Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
"Do not doubt of my power", tells you the LORD

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Black Dize

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:42 pm
I will post this in this section because I want everybody (or almost) to see this message and because I believe that almost nobody enters the biblical study section. Fushigi, move it when you are pleased to do it. It says in Exodus 17, from 1 to 7:

Water From the Rock

1 The whole Israelite community set out from the Desert of Sin, traveling from place to place as the LORD commanded. They camped at Rephidim, but there was no water for the people to drink. 2 So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to drink."
Moses replied, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?"

3 But the people were thirsty for water there, and they grumbled against Moses. They said, "Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to make us and our children and livestock die of thirst?"

4 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, "What am I to do with these people? They are almost ready to stone me."

5 The LORD answered Moses, "Walk on ahead of the people. Take with you some of the elders of Israel and take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. 6 I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink." So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel. 7 And he called the place Massah [a] and Meribah because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested the LORD saying, "Is the LORD among us or not?"

I want to point some few things from here. We have here the Israelite community telling Moses some awful things and doubting from the power of the LORD. Taking this to the world of today, pople sometimes apart themselves from the route to salvation because they think the LORD is not with them. The Holy Spirit is always with us, believe it or not. It says in Mathew 28 "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

WE cannot call God a liar because He is not a son of man to lie. When He says that He is going to be with us, the HE IS going to be with us. Sometimes we feel like this, and it is normal, and thank God we can repent for our sins. What would we be without Jesus? What would we be without the Holy Spirit?

We see here that God tells moses to bring some things with him to the place where the LORD is waiting him, because the LORD IS waiting him in a place. It is said in this chapter that the Israelites are attacked by some guys. We can say, taking this to our lives that God is waiting for us in someplace and we have to get there, but in the way, we find ourselves with some obstacles. That is normal, because like this we grow spiritually.

God is waiting for us, for you, for me. We have to get there, we have to climb, we have to suffer, but in the end, the reward is great. God can let things flow from the places we least expect Him to, because He is the rock, He is the fountain of eternal life, He is the I AM, halleluyah, praise the LORD.

Another thing we see here, a very special thing, is that Moses claims to God because of the Israelites. The first thing you do in your life when you have a problem is claim to God? If not, then we must do it. "Do not doubt of my power" tells you the LORD through his word, halleluya. The LORD is your strenght, your rock, and He sustains you from the moment you wake and when you sleep he takes care of you and watches over you. Halleluyah. God is love, and He will never abandon you.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:10 pm
I understand that you wish that many people see this message but we have guild rules for a few reasons.

Once you've seen and responded to this message letting us know you have done so, I'll go ahead and move it. Next time, heed the rules and don't break them to suit your own purposes.

Priestley

Black Dize

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 am
Priestley
I understand that you wish that many people see this message but we have guild rules for a few reasons.

Once you've seen and responded to this message letting us know you have done so, I'll go ahead and move it. Next time, heed the rules and don't break them to suit your own purposes.
Do you really think that if I wouldn't felt this I would not put it here question No my friend, I put it here for a reason. Now you have seen it, so aply this word in your heart. Now God has confirm me that someone has seen it. If you wanna speak of rules, then good for you and move it, I have done my part.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:04 pm
Black Dize
Priestley

Do you really think that if I wouldn't felt this I would not put it here question No my friend, I put it here for a reason. Now you have seen it, so aply this word in your heart. Now God has confirm me that someone has seen it. If you wanna speak of rules, then good for you and move it, I have done my part.

You felt drawn by God to break the rules of the owner of this house by posting this here when there is a place already set up for it?

Of course someone has seen it. Post it anywhere in the Guild and someone will see it, I don't get why you couldn't respect the rules.  

Semiremis

viper_353

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:15 pm
Semiremis
Black Dize
Priestley

You felt drawn by God to break the rules of the owner of this house by posting this here when there is a place already set up for it?

Of course someone has seen it. Post it anywhere in the Guild and someone will see it, I don't get why you couldn't respect the rules.

Well, I think for one, this DOES apply to our guild; we kinda need this message, and two, more people are going to see it here. It's not like they've been the most used parts of the guild. He's right. Don't get mad at what it says here just because it's in the wrong place. Thos going directly to the guild front page thing don't exactly think to look in bible discussions because they don't think anything's going to go on there. Read the post, take what you get out of it, and then move it and maybe coment at he bottom what u thought of it. This is supposed to be more of a friendly let's discuss the bible kinda group. It's not meant to be something where we take a fact so little as 'I decided to put this in the wrong place' and let it distract us from what the post is actually saying!! Listen, people!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:31 pm
I'm going to go ahead and move it since the OP has seen it.

I would like to second Priestly- the rules exist for a reason. It keeps the subforums clean and organized and makes thing easier on crew and members alike.

In the future, no matter how important you feel your message it, please post it in the appropriate place. I promise guild members will see it.

freelance lover
Crew

Semiremis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:10 pm
viper_353
Semiremis
Black Dize
Priestley

Well, I think for one, this DOES apply to our guild; we kinda need this message, and two, more people are going to see it here. It's not like they've been the most used parts of the guild. He's right. Don't get mad at what it says here just because it's in the wrong place. Thos going directly to the guild front page thing don't exactly think to look in bible discussions because they don't think anything's going to go on there. Read the post, take what you get out of it, and then move it and maybe coment at he bottom what u thought of it. This is supposed to be more of a friendly let's discuss the bible kinda group. It's not meant to be something where we take a fact so little as 'I decided to put this in the wrong place' and let it distract us from what the post is actually saying!! Listen, people!!

I don't think anyone's getting mad at what was said, the fact of the matter is people will see it in it's appropriate spot.

It's a matter of respect.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:50 pm
Black Dize
I will post this in this section because I want everybody (or almost) to see this message and because I believe that almost nobody enters the biblical study section. Fushigi, move it when you are pleased to do it. It says in Exodus 17, from 1 to 7:

Water From the Rock

1 The whole Israelite community set out from the Desert of Sin, traveling from place to place as the LORD commanded. They camped at Rephidim, but there was no water for the people to drink. 2 So they quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water to drink."
Moses replied, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you put the LORD to the test?"

3 But the people were thirsty for water there, and they grumbled against Moses. They said, "Why did you bring us up out of Egypt to make us and our children and livestock die of thirst?"

4 Then Moses cried out to the LORD, "What am I to do with these people? They are almost ready to stone me."

5 The LORD answered Moses, "Walk on ahead of the people. Take with you some of the elders of Israel and take in your hand the staff with which you struck the Nile, and go. 6 I will stand there before you by the rock at Horeb. Strike the rock, and water will come out of it for the people to drink." So Moses did this in the sight of the elders of Israel. 7 And he called the place Massah [a] and Meribah because the Israelites quarreled and because they tested the LORD saying, "Is the LORD among us or not?"

I want to point some few things from here. We have here the Israelite community telling Moses some awful things and doubting from the power of the LORD. Taking this to the world of today, pople sometimes apart themselves from the route to salvation because they think the LORD is not with them. The Holy Spirit is always with us, believe it or not. It says in Mathew 28 "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

WE cannot call God a liar because He is not a son of man to lie. When He says that He is going to be with us, the HE IS going to be with us. Sometimes we feel like this, and it is normal, and thank God we can repent for our sins. What would we be without Jesus? What would we be without the Holy Spirit?

We see here that God tells moses to bring some things with him to the place where the LORD is waiting him, because the LORD IS waiting him in a place. It is said in this chapter that the Israelites are attacked by some guys. We can say, taking this to our lives that God is waiting for us in someplace and we have to get there, but in the way, we find ourselves with some obstacles. That is normal, because like this we grow spiritually.

God is waiting for us, for you, for me. We have to get there, we have to climb, we have to suffer, but in the end, the reward is great. God can let things flow from the places we least expect Him to, because He is the rock, He is the fountain of eternal life, He is the I AM, halleluyah, praise the LORD.

Another thing we see here, a very special thing, is that Moses claims to God because of the Israelites. The first thing you do in your life when you have a problem is claim to God? If not, then we must do it. "Do not doubt of my power" tells you the LORD through his word, halleluya. The LORD is your strenght, your rock, and He sustains you from the moment you wake and when you sleep he takes care of you and watches over you. Halleluyah. God is love, and He will never abandon you.

How are people not going to doubt the Power? Where do they see it?

We have preachers claiming Natural Phenomena is God's Punishment, while the other half arrogantly surmise that their safety during times of tragedy is God's grace, assuming God wants them to survive, but not countless others who cry out "Save me" in their time of need.

If everyone asked God every time they had a problem, and continued to get the answer "No", we'd have a lot fewer people worshipping God. If we, however, have people to help those in need out in THE NAME OF GOD, then we might just have a surplus.

God doesn't give us everything we need. If he did that for one, he'd have to do that for all. He also doesn't limit us to what we can do, or what we have to work with. We do that ourselves. The collective we. As in everyone.  

Matt Pniewski

Eykos

1,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:10 pm
I drew strength from this. Thank you for posting it.

Peace to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:02 am
Eykos
I drew strength from this. Thank you for posting it.

Peace to you.
God bless you in every way. Thank God, halleluyah heart  

Black Dize

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas