Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
WIP--! Critiques, please~ // Updated 12.29

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x.Wing.x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:58 pm
Hi, I'm back again. I couldn't find my old thread, so here's a new one... I hope I'm allowed to make more than one thread. orz

But I was wondering if I could get some help/feedback with WIPs and stuff I'm currently working on. Critiques and red lines would be wonderful, don't hold back~ Go harsh on me~ =P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:59 pm
Current:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/xwingx/handddd.jpg

There's something strange about the hands. I'm not sure what's going on, orz. Also, general criticism is welcome.

x.Wing.x

x.Wing.x

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:00 pm
Post reserved just in case. o uo  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:06 am
It's really good. :>
The lineart on the face is really nice and clean.
From what I can see his left hand seems fine.
His right hand is a bit off though. It looks as if the forearm doesn't connect with the elbow properly. Even if it's off screen it's important to draw, so that you can get the proportions right. I suggest making the angle of the upper arm similar to that of his left arm, because that side is right. Also the hand is rotated to far upwards. Perhaps if it faced downwards just a bit, so it was more like a mirror of the bottom hand. It would appear more natural. :>
I hope this helps, but it's an excellent work!  

no surrender

ASHLEYASDFGH

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:56 am
      i think the fingers need to be longer on the top hand~
      It feels like you need to elongate them into the hand though. Like, the palm is a little too big.

knowwhatimsayin?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:55 am
Add a lot of space to your canvas and draw out the arms. You can crop it later. Right now, he looks like a makeshift scarecrow with wooden poles for arms and sawdust stuffed in gloves for hands.

Your limbs aren't connecting and your hands show no indication of being, well, a hand. I think what would help you most is starting to pay attention to the skeleton and how all the pieces make one continuous structure.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces