Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
"I don't have those cards"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:43 pm
I'm starting to feel a repetitive streak in the deck database. Whenever a less meta-game oriented player, or a poor player (I don't mean bad I mean financially poor) posts a deck and someone else posts a deck list (like armycat jockamoe and others do in a helpful manner) or a list of cards they would add, the player responds with "I don't have those cards" or something along those lines.

I just want to get across to the people who respond this way: The other members of the Guild have no idea whether you have the cards they suggest or not. They're simply giving suggestions on how to improve your deck. If you don't have them, that's fine; there are ways you can find them.

Also, remember that we are not demanding you add the cards we suggest into your deck. They are merely the cards we would include to alter it and, hopefully, improve the deck. You don't have to add the cards but we do ask that you ask yourself as to why we would.

ONE LAST THING:
Why don't people add their Extra Decks onto their decklists? It's not like everyone knows what you're going to put in xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:37 pm
Of course, the main purpose of the deck database forum is to advice and to give ONLY suggestions, i agree with you on that subject, no one is demanding them to follow every single one of the comments. And if someone is leaving a comment is because he wants to help improve his deck and so, should at least be thankful to receive some answers from other users.

However, i do have to say that it is a little rough to simply post a whole different/new deck. It takes time to build a deck, and if someone posts one and asks for advice, i believe he is expecting for "you can add...", "you can replace...". I mean, basically what you are saying, (even when you do it to help, and i don´t meant to bother anyone) is "you don´t now how to create a deck, lets help the noob". You can´t blame him if he simply says "i don´t have those cards".  

Baulfret3

armycat jockamoe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:19 pm
Baulfret3
Of course, the main purpose of the deck database forum is to advice and to give ONLY suggestions, i agree with you on that subject, no one is demanding them to follow every single one of the comments. And if someone is leaving a comment is because he wants to help improve his deck and so, should at least be thankful to receive some answers from other users.

However, i do have to say that it is a little rough to simply post a whole different/new deck. It takes time to build a deck, and if someone posts one and asks for advice, i believe he is expecting for "you can add...", "you can replace...". I mean, basically what you are saying, (even when you do it to help, and i don´t meant to bother anyone) is "you don´t now how to create a deck, lets help the noob". You can´t blame him if he simply says "i don´t have those cards".

Really though when you consider some of the decks posted, a whole new list is completely acceptable. I mean when I post a new list it's usually because to make their build playable to me the changes required equate to a new deck. Although that sounds quite brash allow me to explain, in ll Blue Dust ll for example he know he wants a Blue Eyes deck; yet the one he posted was a mess of cards, the monster list needed work, and the spells and traps left a bit to be desired. So while keeping his theme in mind I gave my preferred way to play Blue Eyes. So as brotherofAnubus was saying I wasn't demanding he play my build, I was simply saying this is how I would do it as it is a bit more consistent to my taste. Although that's just my explanation for why I just post a list.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:04 pm
brotherofAnubus

ONE LAST THING:
Why don't people add their Extra Decks onto their decklists? It's not like everyone knows what you're going to put in xp

It's mostly redundant.

All Extra Decks follow the same formula: Have Synchros with different LVs (Usually LV 5-8 ), and include some that your deck may not summon alone. Example: Add Revived King Ha Des to your Extra Deck when you don't have a PSZ in your deck, but seeing that you have Brain Control, you can snatch your opponent's in order to summon it.

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

brotherofAnubus

Dangerous Survivor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 pm
My thread got turned into a Deck Database Announcement eek
I feel very honored. Thanks Guys!  
Deck Database

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers