Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Cosplay and Tekteks
Katsucon 2010!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:29 am
So...Is Net Slum going to Katsucon 2010? It's at a new place this year.

I'm not sure if I'm going or not since I'm sort of short on money. But if you guys are going, then I'll do all that I can to go.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:56 am
THERE IS STILL THE TEENY-TINY CHANCE OF ME GOING. It largely depends on whether or not my friends and I work that weekend.

If I do go, I'm hoping to wear Ryoji from Persona 3, since I'll only be there Saturday. ;3; I'm pretty much finished! I just need the wig. And if I can't get that in time, uh probably something else. As much as I'd love to rewear Atoli, it's waaay too cold for her.  

fk12

yokaiy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 pm
There's a chance I'll be there. If I am, I'll probably be 5. xD; So I won't be hard to miss. Not sure whether I'm going quite yet though, depends on how my grades are when they send them out. I'm expecting good grades, though, so I think it'll work. 8D  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:09 am
i am tied up on this end and cant go sorry  

deathwalker 9000

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:40 pm
If Shiya Wind is going to Katsucon, then I'm going. If she isn't, then I won't. Then my next convention won't be until Otakon crying

I hope the rest of you make it. Maybe I can get some money and go anyway. *Shrugs*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 pm
Pretty sure Shiya isn't going to Katsu, sorry. At least, that's what I remember hearing from her. She might've changed her mind, but I don't think so...  

fk12

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:37 am
Did she say that recently? If she did, then she probably meant it. It's understandable though if she can't since she's coming from so far.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm
*delay* Last time she talked about it was in late November, when she said she didn't have the money for it. I haven't seen her change her mind since then, so...

Just checked the dates for it. It looks slightly more likely for me. I was afraid it was the weekend after, which wouldn't fly because that Saturday is my grandmother's birthday. Though it all still relies on the weather and my/my friends' availability.  

fk12

Ayekasong

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm
Bah, I wish I could make it to more than one con that requires me to take a plane. Darn unemployment.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 am
I've never gone to a con that requires airplane-travel, and I doubt I will any time soon. I'm just lucky in that some of the big east-coast cons are within a 2-hour drive of me. Eff yes, the one good thing about South Jersey!  

fk12

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:34 pm
So did anyone go to Katsucon? sweatdrop

I wasn't able to make it. No money. And I was sick all week.

But I'm going to Otakon for sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:18 pm
H-haha, not me! There was the little matter of 2 feet of snow blocking my way. Also, my friends all had work, so I had no way of getting there.  

fk12

yokaiy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:27 pm
I was there, but only the saturday. .hack cosplayers were a total of one, who I chatted with a bit (and is in this guild lololol). I went as a hastily-thrown-together-yet-still-good-and-surprisingly-well-received Croagunk. There were a lot of pokemon -- mostly Umbreons, one of which was shiny -- and a lot of Avatar: The Last Airbender cosplays, including a Suki in full Kiyoshi armor and makeup. There was also a surprising number of Sakuras, given I saw no Sasukes and only one Naruto. There was also a rather complete group for YuYu Hakusho which made me squeal inwardly. And some Hetalia people, of course. And some Ciels and Sebastians. And a totally decked out Sogeking!Usopp who I loved. And a sexy Fran. And so on.

Dealers room was small compared to Otakon but much better run than previous years because of all the spaaaaace they had. I missed getting a squishy Totodile though, so I was very sad. > : There were only two and when I went back they were both gooooone. Things were also a bit cheaper than they would have been at Otakon, I think...

My swag included a poofy-tailed Ho-oh, a little Croagunk, a Luffy-in-shining-armor plushie, a parasol!Kirby, a Metaknight, some buttons, and three King of Bandits Jing keychains of which I had never seen the like. Hell, that series doesn't like... HAVE... merchandise, so I was compelled to get all three.

Masquerade was AMAZING. I never thought there would be an adaptation of a song from the musical 1776 into a skit dealing with anime, much less a GOOD one, but it was amazing. Other delicious skits included a Soul Eater thriller dance, the men of FF7 and Tifa performing to "It's Raining Men", a YuYu Hakusho skit involving Shakespeare, an adaptation of the YMCA song made into YAOI, a Hellsing skit involving some sexual innuendo misinterpreted, a Pandora Hearts skit, and many other goodies. There wasn't a single one I disliked. I can't wait until someone puts them on youtube so I can favorite them all, ho ho ho ho.

In short, Katsucon rocked pretty hard. I was a little sad at the lack of good cosplays, but given all the snow in the area and how a lot of people didn't come most likely (and the fact that it's not /that/ big a con), it was still pretty beastly.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:11 pm
@yokaiy- FIRST AND FOREMOST I request pictures of those King of Bandit Jing keychains. And thanks a lot, now that I know they exist, I will probably scour AnimeNEXT! and Otakon for them. Shoooot, full Yu Yu Hakusho group? That's so cool. And I probably know some of those Hetalia cosplayers. ;3;  

fk12

yokaiy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:56 pm
FIRST AND FOREMOST. I have pictures. Crappy quality pictures but pictures none-the-less.

x x x

Also, the skits are up on ACParadise if you're a member or want to become a member. I think only one or two of them are on youtube so far, though. Here's the ACP link. And I forgot to mention earlier, but there was a PONG skit. XDDD

x  
Cosplay and Tekteks

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff