Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
A work in progress

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:53 pm
I am a practitioner. I practice that which everyone can practice. Thus making this thread seems a bit... pointless. I realized though a while ago that not everyone Was aware that they could do the same things as me. So I guess this thread may help others.

What I practice, due to lack of better phraseology, is energy work.

I work mostly with flows of probability or energy.

Under my belief system every individual is a point which creates or alters already existing streams of possibility.

The physical world as we see it is a large construct of possibilities woven together to a point that there are very limited ways in which you can alter it. The major point of my practice is to know the paths in which I can interact with the world. I then use those paths to alter the world around me. This is the expression of my will, the bending of possibilities.

The path which is probably closest to mine would be Thelema.

Most of my study is trying to understand the paths and patterns that exist and how to push them in small ways to create desired results.

People are much like focal points which possibilities stream through. There are two ways in which people can create change, one is to create new streams of possibility, the other is to use already existing streams of possibility.

Ethics in my practice is a matter of respect when it comes to other focal points. You do not subsume another focal point. Generally speaking I don't interfere with other individuals focal points, this though doesn't mean that I can't interfere with the expression of other individuals wills. There are of course conflicts that exist between my will and others. By exerting my will I am to some extent interfering with another persons will. By exerting their will they are interfering with mine.

In a practical manner I tend to extend the same respect to them as they extend to my person. If they try to influence my form this means I am then given permission to influence their form.

In this manner I avoid most ethical concerns that come up due to my practice. I ask permission before doing most work.

Places that are free for me to work with are things which the person is not actively working with. Remnants of energy which the person has stopped focusing on are free for me to work with. This is where I get most of my power from. I take already existing flows of possibilities which lack direction and I redirect the flow, or I twine the flows together to create more powerful flows of energy or probability.

I do not use ritual for the most part in my workings as I have found that I don't need physical representations of my work to be effective. I just have to have a well developed concept of my desires. How and what I am trying to accomplish.

This, as the word practice implies, is pretty practical even if it sounds complicated. Due to pattern recognition I can read and understand individuals emotions and will and recognize what they are trying to accomplish and through this I can facilitate others wills fairly easily. I can find missing gaps in patterns and fill them. It works on various levels of complexity.

An example of using will might be walking or it might be altering the ability of a spirit to affect someone else(shielding)
I've done alot of things in the past with this but recently I've limited by interactions to stopping spirits from affecting people. As some people seemingly don't seem to know how to stop things from influencing them I have found a niche.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:54 pm
My practice
For the most part I don't do much. Mostly I just protect people from spirits because spirits aren't supposed to influence or take advantage of people while they are here in an ignorant state.

I don't practice much myself because people are in an ignorant state.

My interactions with spirits are different then my interaction with people as spirits know more (usually)

People when alive aren't aware of their energy usually thus if they are projecting emotions or radiating information I tend to turn a blind eye to them. Its much like if a person was showering in front of a two way mirror and they didn't know that mirror was their. I would not want to look at them when they had no clue what I was doing.

In my path it is also considered rude for spirits to take advantage of people in this state. I don't have much respect for spirits who take advantage of peoples ignorance. As far as I am aware this plane is designed to limit the amount of interaction between spirits and people for a number of reasons. Thus I usually advocate people being very careful when they deal with spirits how and why.

Spirits are not in an ignorant state, they also can pick up and understand the information you are giving off, especially if you are astral projecting. You have a greater amount of protection when you are in your body.

Weak spirits may use and live off your blind belief, spirits may foster belief in them in order to gain the strength of your support.

So be careful

This practice is mostly harmless unless the spirit starts feeding the person false information in order to strengthen their belief.

Sometimes there are practitioners known as leeches who do this subconsciously

So be wary of cults or anyone who will tell you exactly what you want to hear.  

Ishtar Shakti

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:58 pm
Practice

When doing work I usually bend already existing flows. Energy is constantly flowing through everything. I change the internal framework slightly by repeatedly washing the structure with energy. In this way the wash destabilizes the structure and slowly I alter it.

I have a more passive vs. active approach usually. I just let my energy flow through already existing channels.

Sometimes when I find a channel which is smooth and works well I'll reaffirm it. It really just depends. The channels and energy around me I tend to try to keep at an optimal state. Its more a matter of organization and reorganization depending on whats needed.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:59 pm
As everything is constantly changing, everything is a work in progress. Including my beliefs so that's what I'm naming my thread.  

Ishtar Shakti

Tikat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:32 pm
Ishtar Shakti
I am a practitioner. I practice that which everyone can practice...
What I practice, due to lack of better phraseology, is energy work.
Have you thought about coming up with a new name? If only because energy work, since energy is the ability to do work, is a bit repetitive?

Also, there are others who are unable to manipulate energy. They exist in a completely reactive state. There are also those who have been husked, sealed or broken.

Quote:
The physical world as we see it is a large construct of possibilities woven together to a point that there are very limited ways in which you can alter it. The major point of my practice is to know the paths in which I can interact with the world. I then use those paths to alter the world around me. This is the expression of my will, the bending of possibilities.
This doesn't really make sense from a relativist perspective, since it argues for an absolute nature which can be manipulated.

Quote:
The path which is probably closest to mine would be Thelema.
From a scholarly perspective, I must disagree. Thelema is far more complex that the redux of the Book of the Law into a mismatched tag line.
Quote:

Most of my study is trying to understand the paths and patterns that exist and how to push them in small ways to create desired results.
What responsibility do you hold to others? To the local geomancy?

Quote:
Ethics in my practice is a matter of respect when it comes to other focal points. You do not subsume another focal point.
But you claimed to do that in the guild?

Quote:
In a practical manner I tend to extend the same respect to them as they extend to my person. If they try to influence my form this means I am then given permission to influence their form.
But your act is a deliberate one. If someone cannot control how you sense their energy, you are violating them not for attacking you, but for stepping on your toes.

Quote:
Places that are free for me to work with are things which the person is not actively working with. Remnants of energy which the person has stopped focusing on are free for me to work with.
Is that not stealing? It reads as though if you find money is someone's purse, the fact they do not have it in their hand means it is yours for the taking?

Quote:
Due to pattern recognition I can read and understand individuals emotions and will and recognize what they are trying to accomplish and through this I can facilitate others wills fairly easily.
With all due respect, your interactions in the guild suggest you are not skilled at this- since you have directly contradicted others by attempting to provide motivation for them that is contrary to what they have stated is their motivation.

If these errors are an indication, how do you control the harm you would inflict on others?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 pm
Quote:
Have you thought about coming up with a new name? If only because energy work, since energy is the ability to do work, is a bit repetitive?

Also, there are others who are unable to manipulate energy. They exist in a completely reactive state. There are also those who have been husked, sealed or broken.

Well energy manipulation is the one I usually use. Energy work is just more recognizable.
I call it practice or work usually.
For the most part I am capable of doing work to fix most of those states. I am capable of breaking seals repairing connections etc. when I am allowed of course. The only beings I have known who absolutely weren't capable of manipulating energy were constructs of energy who lacked a deeper soul or loci. In such case the creater of the construct or servitor or whatnot (names don't matter too much to me) created a way for the construct to live off of ambient energy.

I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to as husked, unless you are talking about a remnant of a being, much like a memory imprint?

Quote:
This doesn't really make sense from a relativist perspective, since it argues for an absolute nature which can be manipulated.

I only argue that you can't know the absolute and still interact with it.

Quote:
From a scholarly perspective, I must disagree. Thelema is far more complex that the redux of the Book of the Law into a mismatched tag line.

?
Its the closest path that I have studied that fits with my beliefs.
Quote:

What responsibility do you hold to others? To the local geomancy?

Thats a complicated question, it depends on where I am. There are different places which have different laws which I tend to follow. Its a matter of respect, mostly working in the planes has very complicated systems of exchange with energy it depends on the culture or people that I am interacting with. I generally give warnings and ask for permission before I do work and try to explain the ramifications of my actions.
There are certain implied laws depending on where I am, I also have a system of pacts that my soul has to adhere to, balances of power etc.

In my own place I don't really have any laws guiding me other then my morals which are fairly strict, I don't like to cause harm thats pretty much the only responsibility I have and I gave that to myself.
Quote:

Quote:
Ethics in my practice is a matter of respect when it comes to other focal points. You do not subsume another focal point.
But you claimed to do that in the guild?

A subsuming is different then influencing. Subsuming is Soul Eating and its a terrible practice. You do not merge your soul with another, you do not make there will yours. I have never done this, well this life as far as I am aware.

What I was talking about is more like taking territory. Its different. Souls adopt structure as there own, they adopt Energy. It is more permissible to take away their energy, to cut them off from possibilities. What I was describing is Binding. Also introducing your energy or your will into another persons space is different then subsuming their will.
I usually keep my energy very compacted in order not to touch or influence others. When someone invades my territory (tries to manipulate my emotions etc.) I react I get more upset which inevitably has me drawing in more energy which I would have to find a place for in order for it not to lash out at others, I'd have to channel it into a harmless means and get it Out of me.

Depending on what the person is doing or how they are doing it I might smack them with my energy or create a wave of emotions telling them not to touch me. This is of course crude terminology. How I could deal with the situation is complex and varies depending on what the person does how upset it makes me what level of control I can keep on my emotions how much they invaded my territory and my mood before during and after. The wave of emotions is much like yelling at someone. Creating a wall and throwing it at them is much like hitting someone.

None of these practices though are invasive.
By invading my territory, forcing their way in they lost my respect so I am free to invade their territory if I wanted. The lack of influencing anothers will is a joint pact, its a social nicety that is preserved so that it doesn't happen to you. Polite people don't do this, and if your going to be impolite I can be impolite as well and I carry a bigger stick so to speak.

What is permissible isn't what I will do. Its just what I can do. I tend to think the people might be ignorant of what to do in polite society so tend to let them off with a warning. Education>Retribution

Quote:
But your act is a deliberate one. If someone cannot control how you sense their energy, you are violating them not for attacking you, but for stepping on your toes.

Which is why I give most people the benefit of the doubt. They may not know what they are doing. I can usually sense Intent. Most of my shields are geared towards malicious intent. I also can differentiate between what people are trying to do. I'm not inept. If a person is trying to work on me for a weak and not be noticed and manipulate my emotions then my respect for them is lost. Someone running into a shield and being all like wtf is this and poking it and prodding it isn't going to do anything.
It really depends on depth and deliberation. People also radiate emotions, I know when people are upset I know intent, some do a very good job at radiating other emotions then what they have. So sometimes delving is necessary, but usually a reading of their ambient energy can tell me everything I could possibly need to know. Most people who aren't that skilled also can't influence me. It usually takes alot.
Quote:

Is that not stealing? It reads as though if you find money is someone's purse, the fact they do not have it in their hand means it is yours for the taking?

Well then stop using ambient energy lol
All energy is energy that someone was using once and let go of. Their will is not touching it. Most people have places in which they store things that they need or want etc. like a purse and generally speaking a purse has traces of the persons energy around it saying hey this is mine.

Not like when a person stops touching it the energy goes away... its more like reusing air. Air is all around you and it has passed through so many lungs. It carries traces of the people its passed through but the traces aren't permanent. If your good enough at reading energy you can track every single person that speck of air has ever travelled through but would you consider that air theirs?

Quote:
With all due respect, your interactions in the guild suggest you are not skilled at this- since you have directly contradicted others by attempting to provide motivation for them that is contrary to what they have stated is their motivation.

Statements aren't fact. Also there have been some pretty interesting misreads of my texts. There is also a different mindset between doing "work" and living life. Do you think I want to know how you feel 24/7? I ignore most of what I read I try to actively not know unless its relevant. I think that its an invasion of privacy and that people on earth are mostly ignorant of the signals they send out so how is it polite for me to read something they don't even know they are radiating?
I mean for the most part I feel like I'm taking advantage of someone elses ignorance. Also its easier when people are ignorant which means that most of what I pick up is from people who plainly lack skill.

Also Emotions aren't the same things as Meaning. Passivity with an underlying resentment or anger will not tell me if something is red or white.
Also when I am in an emotional state its harder for me to take in information... kind of like if all the energy is rushing out of you how the hell are you supposed to take any in, or if you start tinging all the energy with one emotion how are you supposed to see the emotions of others. This is true with most people who allow their emotions to hold sway

Quote:
If these errors are an indication, how do you control the harm you would inflict on others?

First when I am working I don't allow my emotions to have any sway. I have a duel stream way of dealing with things. I partition my emotions to a different place and I allow them to exist but not to affect my actions. This is a meditative state which I adopt so I can see clearly. I tend not to do any sort of work unless I can achieve that state. Secondly since I have different obligations etc. outside of here that I have to follow my soul is on a bit of lock down. I am bound. I mostly only do work to help other people, as per their request.
Otherwise I mostly do small things and play with energy mostly in my residence. It gives me something to do when I am bored. I don't really desire much so what really do I have to strive for.
What I keep being told is that I am here to relax and that I'm not really supposed to do much work. Its a nice tool to have when I need it or someone is being attacked by spirits etc. For the most part its useless unless your dead.
I mostly just sit around and wait till I find a fluffy who opened themselves up to possession or someone whose freaking out because they are being attacked by a spirit, possessed houses etc. You know useful things that its hard to come by people who can effectively deal with them. That seems to be the most harm reducing thing I can do.

I mean people are used and manipulated by spirits all the time but its their choice... I just have to wait till a spirit is stupid enough to violate anothers will. There are of course spirits who already mostly stop that sometimes things slip through the cracks *shrug*  

Ishtar Shakti

Ishtar Shakti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:28 pm
Do you think I wouldn't read a situation before I did something about it?
That seems soo silly...

Also why would I want to know what people were thinking and feeling constantly. That seems like alot to ask of a person, I tend to only go off of what people Say.

Some of the things I have said concerning peoples statements were more pointing out the multiple ways a single statement could be interpreted. If people are going to argue that a single definition is the only proper definition I am going to argue using other definitions then the one they are trying to use.

Its an argument by example. Its also a way of showing the flexibility of language. Of course I would have to see the actual conversation and have you point out exactly where the mistake was made to know why the mistake was made. As is I can only guess based off what I consider an imperfect memory. Also for some reason people keep trying to change my qualifiers into absolutes and my examples into statements.

Its quite frustrating. Like sometimes alludes to the possibility of something happening or an exception or a small portion of events.

And could means I may not that I will
That its permissable or a possibility not an eventuality inevitability or something that I Will do

Or that I Can doesn't mean I Will. That its possible doesn't mean its probable. It also doesn't mean its easy or even necessary. It doesn't imply these things.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:45 pm
Current debate:
Should I read peoples energy?

I can't really help it, but it seems unethical if they don't know that I can read their energy if I do read their energy. If I do it on accident thats a moot point but if I purposefully do it then would that be immoral? Should I actively try not to read energy.
This damages me because it makes it harder for me to do work if I am constantly shutting energy out of my channels. I'd have to rework everything.

Most of the time I don't think reading energy is immoral but sometimes I am not sure.  

Ishtar Shakti

PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff