Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BitterFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:12 pm
ok so i have about 6 months till summer. If i work out 3x a week. Minimum intake of calories of 1000-1300 calories a day (after subtracting burned calories from working out).Age:I am about to turn nineteen.can someone give me an estimate of how much weight i can lose in the 6 months?

Also do you know any sites to calculate it for future reference?thanks!

EDIT: my BMR is 2155 calories right now.with no exercise.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:59 pm
It's healthy to lose about 5-8 lbs per month. But that probably doesn't factor in things like gaining weight from building muscle which will happen if you work out. It's really hard to predict things like that. So I think it's best if you just stick to your food/exercise plan as best you can and see where that gets you. 3nodding  

__penguin__
Captain

Tandahda
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:08 pm
You can probably do it for a while, you might be able to do it for a long time, it all depends. For some rigidity is solace in which can be found strength.

For most it is something that works for a time and then they fall away from.

If I were you I would set a more modest goal. A friend of mine in the end of July swore with me to lose weight and come back to the parade. She lost about ten pounds by the beginning of September, but has since gained it all back and some.

I've still lost a little more than fifteen pounds (possibly at or a little below if we adjust for Christmas) and by July I'll be at least fifteen more pounds less than I am now if nothing more. It doesn't get me where I want, but it does get me that much closer to where I want to be. And she's not doing as well as she could be.

If we lived in the same town we could motivate each other but I fear that she's not going to be happy come Pride.

The point of this is that basically the key to weight loss is plodding along and gittin' 'er done. You can lose weight fast if you want, but I don't think going for maximum loss will work.

So you could lose perhaps up to 50 lbs if you did everything perfectly had no bad days and did your exercise all the time.

Your plan is good enough, but I'm very confused about a minimum intake after exercise. BMR doesn't work that way. If you're exercising, adjusting for it would be to have a minimum of your BMR at your ideal weight.

You've got a BMR calculator, put in your height and ideal weight, eat those calories adjusted for exercise and you'll be at that weight. Don't rush it. Good things take time.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games