Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
ahh the holidays

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:40 am
Apparently the average person gains 5-7lbs during the holidays... So, when did it become all about food and how can you enjoy the holidays without pigging out?

How did you guys make it through this year, and it's not over yet, new years is right around the corner!

Here's what I did. Upon arrival at my aunts house, I filled up on the healthier snacks; veggies and dip, tostitioes and 7 layers dip (lots of veggies in that) whole wheat bread with cheese/spinach dip. By supper I was already pretty satisfied. So I had turnip, green beens, baked potatoes, and turkey and a bit of gravy, which is all pretty healthy I mean I'm sure I consumed more calories than I burned but at least I stuck to healthy stuff and by desert time I was stuffed. I also didn't drink on account of I was driving.

Here's the best part though. I GOT A JUICER for xmas!!! So breakfast this morning (boxing day) consists of a whole tomato, 2 carrots, 2 apples, and 5 clementines. rofl I can't wait to go buy loads of fruits an veggies so I can have super healthy freshly made juice free of added sugar and preservatives!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:28 am
yesterday was horrid.i ate only once though.but my that one meal had my entire days worth of calories.i had a sprite so that was bad.but my fitness plan & diet starts up on Jan. 10th so its better i do it now than later.

But i did only have my daily allotted calories so i didnt go over at least.  

BitterFantasy

Anbaachan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:52 am

I'll be honest, I didn't really keep track of anything. I didn't have healthy options really, no one served veggies unless you count guacamole. I didn't really pig out though either. Unless you count the margarita on Xmas eve and a couple sugar cookies. -___-;;

I know I didn't do as well as I'd have liked, but limiting yourself on a holiday leads to cheating and malcontent. So now that they are over, I'll be good until New Years Most likely and I'll start again... again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:13 pm
I'm kind of stuck right now since I'm visiting my dad and he's gone crazy getting tons of food for my sister and I that I have to eat or else he'll think I'm being rude or something. I'm trying my best to avoid cookies and stuff and eat as many vegetables as possible, but it's pretty hard. It's only for about four and a half days though, so after that it'll hopefully get better.

I haven't really started full blown either. Once the new year starts and I'm back at school is when I'm going to be really hardcore.

freelance lover

CherokeeAlex

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:56 pm
I've gained about three pounds, just from all the cookies. Between our usual holiday cookies and the treats at work last week, I've had way too many. I've already started working out again and eating better now that most of the holiday stuff is over. For New Year's my family doesn't go to parties, so thankfully I don't have to navigate any more of those.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:18 pm
I did badly for the last five days. The holiday stress got to me. I don't know what I've gained. I'm finding out tomorrow... Augh. So bad.  

Tandahda
Crew

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games